Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 4/5/2021 at 1:42 PM, Swamp Yankee said:

You could substitute "8" for "4" as well as "Obama" for "Trump" and the statement would be equally accurate.  Both the right mainstream media and left mainstream media do it and we're all worse off as a result.  

Complete and utter malarkey.

ONE mainstream network went after Obama, Foxnews, some of it unwarranted Political tripe, some of it valid.  Meanwhile ALL of the remaining mainstream networks supported Obama.

The mainstream anti-Trump anti-GOP theme continues.   Look no further than the Ga Voter law controversy.  The WASHPO gives Biden four Pinocchios but the rest of the press pushes on as if it is absolute fact, furthering the cancel culture march.  To be clear, the law ADDED early voting days, still allows food and water in lines, just without party branding, and is less restrictive than current laws in New York State.  Even with those facts CNN and MSNBC run speeches with Chuck Schumer screaming about racism and telling corporations to boycott Georgia.  Meanwhile google and Delta airlines sign partnership deals with that great human rights advocate...CHINA, and the mainstream press says NOTHING.

Another wonderful example...the 60 minutes hit piece on DeSantis Sunday night.  60 minutes used to be a bastion of investigative reporting...finding real corruption, now they purposely edit to invent a pay for play controversy.  The FACTS are 180 out from what 60 minutes says.  It was a democrat that made the decision to use Publix.  While the closest Publix to some of the areas was indeed 30 minutes away...there were two state vaccination sites ONE mile away.  Shame on 60 minutes and shame on you for a complete lack of intellectual honesty.

If both it happens to both sides why hasn't New York based 60 Minutes dedicated even one second of air time to the Cuomo controversy?  Falsified nursing home deaths, Toxic/sexist work environment with eight accusers, sending state representatives to his mother's house and his brothers house to test them, using state workers to edit and work on his personal book....nothing to see here right?  Not a fucking word by 60 minutes.

And why haven't the gun hating networks like MSNBC and CNN said a word about Hunter and his gun.  They support a federal background check if I want to give my 13 year old son a .22 that has been in the family for 100 years but Hunter can lie on his background check (a FELONY), acquire the gun, then toss it in the trash and the Secret Service cleans it up, no charges...all without the press saying a word.

The mainstream press is absolutely complicit with the DNC.  Look at the softball interview with Hunter now that he is releasing a book.  "Well the laptop may be mine, I don't know."  How about you do some real journalism and read the emails to him and get him to deny on camera.  All the while the mainstream network and the tech oligarchs crushed the story during the election...and now we know it was TRUE!

The mainstream media is dead in this country and  I am happy to acknowledge that FoxNews is in lock step with the GOP but EVERY other mainstream network is a political arm of the DNC.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Complete and utter malarkey. ONE mainstream network went after Obama, Foxnews, some of it unwarranted Political tripe, some of it valid.  Meanwhile ALL of the remaining mainstream networks suppor

Want to slash American carbon?  Build nuclear power plants.  

When MSNBC announced Trump's win in Iowa, there was an audible grunt from Rachel Madow. By the sound of it, she apparently sat on her sack wrong. Happens to the best of us.

Posted Images

A great example of media partisanship is this MLB debacle.  Since the media LIED about the new Georgia law and Biden LIED about the new Georgia law, MLB (whose commissioner has a membership at Augusta) are moving the All Star game from 51% minority Atlanta to 76% white Denver which happens to be in a state that REQUIRES voter ID and all of this is costing the city of Atlanta a cool $100 million dollars. Absolutely stupid woke morons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 9:29 AM, ClearedHot said:

Complete and utter malarkey.

ONE mainstream network went after Obama, Foxnews, some of it unwarranted Political tripe, some of it valid.  Meanwhile ALL of the remaining mainstream networks supported Obama.

The mainstream anti-Trump anti-GOP theme continues.   Look no further than the Ga Voter law controversy.  The WASHPO gives Biden four Pinocchios but the rest of the press pushes on as if it is absolute fact, furthering the cancel culture march.  To be clear, the law ADDED early voting days, still allows food and water in lines, just without party branding, and is less restrictive than current laws in New York State.  Even with those facts CNN and MSNBC run speeches with Chuck Schumer screaming about racism and telling corporations to boycott Georgia.  Meanwhile google and Delta airlines sign partnership deals with that great human rights advocate...CHINA, and the mainstream press says NOTHING.

Another wonderful example...the 60 minutes hit piece on DeSantis Sunday night.  60 minutes used to be a bastion of investigative reporting...finding real corruption, now they purposely edit to invent a pay for play controversy.  The FACTS are 180 out from what 60 minutes says.  It was a democrat that made the decision to use Publix.  While the closest Publix to some of the areas was indeed 30 minutes away...there were two state vaccination sites ONE mile away.  Shame on 60 minutes and shame on you for a complete lack of intellectual honesty.

If both it happens to both sides why hasn't New York based 60 Minutes dedicated even one second of air time to the Cuomo controversy?  Falsified nursing home deaths, Toxic/sexist work environment with eight accusers, sending state representatives to his mother's house and his brothers house to test them, using state workers to edit and work on his personal book....nothing to see here right?  Not a ing word by 60 minutes.

And why haven't the gun hating networks like MSNBC and CNN said a word about Hunter and his gun.  They support a federal background check if I want to give my 13 year old son a .22 that has been in the family for 100 years but Hunter can lie on his background check (a FELONY), acquire the gun, then toss it in the trash and the Secret Service cleans it up, no charges...all without the press saying a word.

The mainstream press is absolutely complicit with the DNC.  Look at the softball interview with Hunter now that he is releasing a book.  "Well the laptop may be mine, I don't know."  How about you do some real journalism and read the emails to him and get him to deny on camera.  All the while the mainstream network and the tech oligarchs crushed the story during the election...and now we know it was TRUE!

The mainstream media is dead in this country and  I am happy to acknowledge that FoxNews is in lock step with the GOP but EVERY other mainstream network is a political arm of the DNC.

 

 

If by malarkey you mean your post, then we’re in agreement.  Right wing talk radio, OAN, Newsmax, Blaze, Wash Times, Daily Standard, podcasts galore, and the younger-demographic fast-growing online media such as Quilette, etc. plenty of conservative outlets exist.  Whether they’re successful and gain viewership is up to them.  In fact , most have been successful, particularly in developing well-regarded pundits (Hannity, yes, but also Shapiro, Glenn Beck to name two) I don’t think you’re stupid, but clearly you are firmly stuck in a echo chamber with regard to rhetoric. The rub, of course, is the presumption that “your side” is always truthful and unbiased while the “other side”is not. You can debate point-by-point ad infinitum. However, a mature perspective is that currently both sides are highly biased.  Stop with the poor little conservative press shtick; it’s no longer valid.  The very-right-wing conservative pundits need to stop acting like oppressed little bitches. They have a platform, they’re using it, and have a strong voice to the public at large (some of which I wholeheartedly agree with). The “coastal elites” (whatever that now means) no longer solely control the narrative.  It’s not 1994 with Rush vs Everyone Else.  
In concept, I’m glad that the media has multiple voices.  The problem is that the moderates have been drowned out. Probably because that narrative is boring and doesn’t get folks fired up (exhibit A: this thread).  It’s either: the other side is communist, atheist transgenders OR the other side is uneducated, bible-thumping racists.  Really, that’s the best we can do?  You have to go 3000+ mi East to get a what may be the only relatively balanced perspective (BBC).  That’s pathetic. 

Edited by Swamp Yankee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

If you think the treatment of President Trump and President Obama by the press were similar you are completely delusional. 

MSNBC, CNN etc. ripped Trump.  Fox, Rush etc ripped Obama.  What were you were saying, again?

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Swamp Yankee said:

MSNBC, CNN etc. ripped Trump.  Fox, Rush etc ripped Obama.  What were you were saying, again?

 

6 hours ago, Swamp Yankee said:

If by bullshit you mean your post, then we’re in agreement.  Right wing talk radio, OAN, Newsmax, Blaze, Wash Times, Daily Standard, podcasts galore, and the younger-demographic fast-growing online media such as Quilette, etc. plenty of conservative outlets exist.  Whether they’re successful and gain viewership is up to them.  In fact , most have been successful, particularly in developing well-regarded pundits (Hannity, yes, but also Shapiro, Glenn Beck to name two) I don’t think you’re stupid, but clearly you are firmly stuck in a echo chamber with regard to rhetoric. The rub, of course, is the presumption that “your side” is always truthful and unbiased while the “other side”is not. You can debate point-by-point ad infinitum. However, a mature perspective is that currently both sides are highly biased.  Stop with the poor little conservative press shtick; it’s no longer valid.  The very-right-wing conservative pundits need to stop acting like oppressed little bitches. They have a platform, they’re using it, and have a strong voice to the public at large (some of which I wholeheartedly agree with). The “coastal elites” (whatever that now means) no longer solely control the narrative.  It’s not 1994 with Rush vs Everyone Else.  
In concept, I’m glad that the media has multiple voices.  The problem is that the moderates have been drowned out. Probably because that narrative is boring and doesn’t get folks fired up (exhibit A: this thread).  It’s either: the other side is communist, atheist transgenders OR the other side is uneducated, bible-thumping racists.  Really, that’s the best we can do?  You have to go 3000+ mi East to get a what may be the only relatively balanced perspective (BBC).  That’s pathetic. 

Removed to avoid another Karen report.  Trying to compare a couple of blogs and pod casts to mainstream media AND the tech oligarchs is the worst kind of argument.  The one time someone other than Fox started to get traction (NYPOST with the Hunter Laptop story that we now know to be TRUE), the tech oligarchs stepped in to not only silence the story, they freaking erased it.  That doesn't happen with the liberal message.

Go ahead and post your teary bullshit reply...but but but. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy that escalated quickly.. 

So let's go a step further with that New York post laptop story.  What happened when Twitter suspended the account and "erased" said story? Did the hunter Biden laptop narrative drop off the face of the earth never to be heard about again?

Of course not.

Every conservative pundit this side of Jupiter got a hold of it and had a giant conniption shit fit about it.  If anything The NYP story probably got more visibility. In the end conservatives all still found out about it and got super mad, while Democrats all ignored it...  

Weird, that sounds like exactly what happens any time a supposed scandal comes out in an election cycle.  The party on defense ignores/minimizes/suppresses the story, and the other party acts like it's the next watergate.

 

Do I like that Twitter tried to suppress the story? No.  Do I think it made any difference whatsoever? Also no.  You're calling people cry babies while simultaneously invoking the term "tech oligarchs" and acting like conservatives have zero power in the media sphere.  Let's just pump the brakes a bit there.  Some of these podcasts and blogs you dismissively refer to have viewership numbers that blow msnbc out of the water. 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Boy that escalated quickly.. 

So let's go a step further with that New York post laptop story.  What happened when Twitter suspended the account and "erased" said story? Did the hunter Biden laptop narrative drop off the face of the earth never to be heard about again?

Of course not.

Every conservative pundit this side of Jupiter got a hold of it and had a giant conniption shit fit about it.  If anything The NYP story probably got more visibility. In the end conservatives all still found out about it and got super mad, while Democrats all ignored it...  

Weird, that sounds like exactly what happens any time a supposed scandal comes out in an election cycle.  The party on defense ignores/minimizes/suppresses the story, and the other party acts like it's the next watergate.

 

Do I like that Twitter tried to suppress the story? No.  Do I think it made any difference whatsoever? Also no.  You're calling people cry babies while simultaneously invoking the term "tech oligarchs" and acting like conservatives have zero power in the media sphere.  Let's just pump the brakes a bit there.  Some of these podcasts and blogs you dismissively refer to have viewership numbers that blow msnbc out of the water. 

 

Every "conservative pundit"...big deal that insured the viewers of FoxNews and Rush heard the story.  Meanwhile the rest of the mainstream suppressed it and made sure it was a back story with no details.  I honestly don't know if this is as big as Watergate, but if the son of the next President of the United States is telling a foreign company owned and run by the Chinese government that he needs 10% for the big guy...holy shit we might want to look into it. 

I cannot disagree with you more on the Twitter suppressing the story not making a difference...I think it made a HUGE difference and when the results of the FBI investigation finally come out I think it will be very troublesome. 

I am not so out of touch as to think these blogs don't have power, but it wasn't the younger generation that swayed this election...it was the soccer mom's and the independents and they get their news from the mainstream media which 24/7 pushed a narrative of hate towards the Orange Man. 

I don't even like Trump...but as we are now reaping what the never-trumpers sowed...we are seeing real damage with both policy and action.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You certainly have a way with words.  Please check your blood pressure. No one wants you to go into cardiac arrest. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, this is the most shocking example of “triggered” I have ever witnessed! 

To address what appears to be the underlying theme of your latest posts, I am not attempting to defend or support any particular media story. I’m simply pointing out the outdated perception of the liberal-only mainstream media. Said perception is used, mainly (but certainly not solely) by the right these days to perpetuate a David vs Goliath narrative that provides a misplaced sense of virtuous struggle against the “forces of darkness” on the other side of the political divide.  Doing so does not facilitate a better understanding or more informed perspective about what’s going on.  
 
With that, sir, I bid you adieu for today. I look forward to further spirited, but calmer, debate. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Good advice! Sand in the vagina, depending on the volume of sand and the depth of the intrusion, can be a serious medical condition.

If this happens to you or someone you love, please seek medical care from a primary care provider or an urgent care facility as soon as possible.

Fcukin' liberal...again expecting someone else to fix your problem instead of taking care of it yourself...

 

 

 

I keed...:beer:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Good advice! Sand in the ######, depending on the volume of sand and the depth of the intrusion, can be a serious medical condition.

If this happens to you or someone you love, please seek medical care from a primary care provider or an urgent care facility as soon as possible.

This is why the beach scene in Airplane! was unrealistic. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Removed to avoid another Karen report. 

Hey, I didn't write the forum rules.....nor am I a mod/admin......

Edited by Homestar
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

To get a little bit back on track here, I finally decided to read the Georgia voter law from the actual government of Georgia website. 
 

Holy smokes the media, politicians, and even our sitting President have completely fabricated the outrage over this law. It’s frankly unbelievable the lies they’ve been able to spread on it. 
 

About the only thing I wasn’t a fan of was the increased powers of the state over what are usually county run election procedures. But beyond that, every single measure in there is perfectly reasonable to helping ensure legal voters are able to vote. 
 

The whole thing about the ID requirement is massively blown out of proportion. If someone doesn’t have an ID, they can can use last 4 of social, a utility bill, or several other items in order to validate themselves as a legal Georgia voter.
 

And yes, grandma can still get water at the polls, it just can’t be handed out by someone who also says “here’s some water, but why don’t you vote for _____ today”. 
 

The worst part is that our own President got up there and called it worse than Jim Crow and wasn’t even remotely checked on that absolutely ludicrous statement. 

Edited by kaputt
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kaputt said:

The whole thing about the ID requirement is massively blown out of proportion. If someone doesn’t have an ID, they can can use last 4 of social, a utility bill, or several other items in order to validate themselves as a legal Georgia voter.
 

Pretty hilarious that Delta Airlines took such a hardline stance on it. Especially considering you've got to have an ID to get through security to get on one of their planes; you also have to have a ticket and an ID (in the form of a credit card) to get into their lounges. That's racist.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Swamp Yankee said:

If by bullshit you mean your post, then we’re in agreement.  Right wing talk radio, OAN, Newsmax, Blaze, Wash Times, Daily Standard, podcasts galore, and the younger-demographic fast-growing online media such as Quilette, etc. plenty of conservative outlets exist.  Whether they’re successful and gain viewership is up to them.  In fact , most have been successful, particularly in developing well-regarded pundits (Hannity, yes, but also Shapiro, Glenn Beck to name two) I don’t think you’re stupid, but clearly you are firmly stuck in a echo chamber with regard to rhetoric. The rub, of course, is the presumption that “your side” is always truthful and unbiased while the “other side”is not. You can debate point-by-point ad infinitum. However, a mature perspective is that currently both sides are highly biased.  Stop with the poor little conservative press shtick; it’s no longer valid.  The very-right-wing conservative pundits need to stop acting like oppressed little bitches. They have a platform, they’re using it, and have a strong voice to the public at large (some of which I wholeheartedly agree with). The “coastal elites” (whatever that now means) no longer solely control the narrative.  It’s not 1994 with Rush vs Everyone Else.  
In concept, I’m glad that the media has multiple voices.  The problem is that the moderates have been drowned out. Probably because that narrative is boring and doesn’t get folks fired up (exhibit A: this thread).  It’s either: the other side is communist, atheist transgenders OR the other side is uneducated, bible-thumping racists.  Really, that’s the best we can do?  You have to go 3000+ mi East to get a what may be the only relatively balanced perspective (BBC).  That’s pathetic. 

While I appreciate the bold idea that OAN and Newsmax are somehow equivalent to WaPo and CNN, I know you don't believe that. 

 

What's next, you going to tell us Hollywood is politically balanced because Kelsey Grammar and Melissa Joan Hart are Republicans?

 

There's definitely a change coming, and the conservative outlets are making progress, but to imply "media" is balanced in 2021 is silly. Ironically, the outlets you cite are doing well specifically because of the wild imbalance in political leaning in the news media.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

While I appreciate the bold idea that OAN and Newsmax are somehow equivalent to WaPo and CNN, I know you don't believe that. 

 

What's next, you going to tell us Hollywood is politically balanced because Kelsey Grammar and Melissa Joan Hart are Republicans?

 

There's definitely a change coming, and the conservative outlets are making progress, but to imply "media" is balanced in 2021 is silly. Ironically, the outlets you cite are doing well specifically because of the wild imbalance in political leaning in the news media.

The real litmus test is how many of these off brand conservative networks have permanent seats in the James S. Brady room? Quite a few, like OAN have shared seats, or pick up seats on lucky occasions. But the preponderance of seats lie with CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS or one of their affiliates though. 

 

Quote

 

Edited by FLEA
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

While I appreciate the bold idea that OAN and Newsmax are somehow equivalent to WaPo and CNN, I know you don't believe that. 

 

What's next, you going to tell us Hollywood is politically balanced because Kelsey Grammar and Melissa Joan Hart are Republicans?

 

There's definitely a change coming, and the conservative outlets are making progress, but to imply "media" is balanced in 2021 is silly. Ironically, the outlets you cite are doing well specifically because of the wild imbalance in political leaning in the news media.

"What's next, you going to tell us Hollywood is politically balanced because Kelsey Grammar and Melissa Joan Hart are Republicans?"

- Absolutely not.  Moreover, people who make political decisions based on the blatantly very liberal/"woke" Hollywood/entertainment industry are probably beyond help (see Ricky Gervais monologue).  That said, it gets weird at the margins.  E.g is Tucker Carlson news opinion or entertainment?  He presents like the former but claims the latter when legal issues are raised.  Even more true with Jon Stewart; he wanted to be a political pundit for all intents and purposes yet hid behind the "I'm just a comedian" shield when strongly challenged. Maybe such blurry lines always existed, but seems more prominent now.  

It's much more than OAN and Newsmax type TV channels, so I shouldn't have led with those examples.  As probably everyone knows, media formats are changing rapidly and traditional TV viewership is becoming less relevant. Podcasts and blogs are growing significantly. Talk radio is still a thing although the pandemic's effect on commuting resulted in a decline.  In summary, many liberal and many conservative news outlets of all types exist.  https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-chart  Each has the opportunity to market itself and thus is responsible for their own success.  On my TV, all the news channels, liberal and conservative, are listed from 600 to 6XX.  They're all available online as well.  I go on Apple and Spotify and see Steven Crowder, Ben Shapiro, Rogan, Sam Harris, The Daily, NPR, etc. Youtube has clips of all the above.  Of course, it is problematic that social media algorithms will push similar content to you causing the echo chamber effect, but that's a separate topic. 

Are conservative and liberal news perfectly balanced? No.  But both are well represented. 74 million people were convinced Trump was the better candidate.  The media undoubtedly influenced that outcome and it wasn't a fringe, upstart media. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps one candidate was simply demonstrably better than the other and that’s why coverage across the board tended to favor him?  Not suggesting that there isn’t bias but Trump was a pretty easy guy to dislike. He didn’t help himself in the press either by declaring war against everyone but Fox and OAN. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Perhaps one candidate was simply demonstrably better than the other and that’s why coverage across the board tended to favor him?  

image

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brickhistory said:

image

Yeah, yeah, yuck it up. The majority of the country doesn’t agree. Even most of the Trump voters I know admit that at the very least he is a deeply flawed human being. “Electability” (aka likeability/having the appearance of decent human) has been a huge consideration in presidential politics for a long, long time. FWIW, I think a candidate Romney, a candidate Jeb Bush, or even a candidate Rubio beats candidate Biden in 2020. A moderate Republican would likely fare well against what’s left of Biden (pun intended) in 2024. Republicans aren’t playing the long game when they let the Trump/populist wing continue to co-opt the party. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No argument regarding Trump's character flaws, but what specific actions/attempted actions or policies that he ran while in office did you not like or agree with?

 The RINOs you think would make a better candidate is not something I can ever agree with or even consider.  I'd vote Hillary over one of them.  At least then, I know the opposition is on the outside of the wire and not inside.

But to theorize that Biden was a "better candidate" is ludicrous.  

But Biden is the President*, so there's that.

 

 

* for now

Edited by brickhistory
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

No argument regarding Trump's character flaws, but what specific actions/attempted actions or policies that he ran while in office did you not like or agree with?

 The RINOs you think would make a better candidate is not something I can ever agree with or even consider.  I'd vote Hillary over one of them.  At least then, I know the opposition is on the outside of the wire and not inside.

But to theorize that Biden was a "better candidate" is ludicrous.  

But Biden is the President*, so there's that.

 

 

* for now

There were a bunch of policy things I really didn’t like. There were also some things I did. But I do believe that character matters and his was utterly disgusting to me (YMMV and that’s ok). I wouldn’t have voted for him even if I agreed with all of his policy goals. I am curious though as to how candidates who would have defined the party 15 or even 5 years ago have somehow become RINOs? If anyone’s a RINO, in my mind it’s Trump. He spent most of his life taking positions on many issues that would’ve made (and did make) many traditional Republicans very uncomfortable. He is the epitome of a flip flopper. He very obviously changed many of his previous views for blatant political gain (reference his newfound reverence for Christianity). And yet somehow the guy who literally shits on gold toilets becomes the symbol of the middle class American working man? Sorry, but Trump’s Republican Party is nowhere near the much vaunted “party of Reagan”. I wonder what Ronald Reagan would have to say about Donald Trump the politician if he were alive today? 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prozac said:

Yeah, yeah, yuck it up. The majority of the country doesn’t agree. Even most of the Trump voters I know admit that at the very least he is a deeply flawed human being. “Electability” (aka likeability/having the appearance of decent human) has been a huge consideration in presidential politics for a long, long time. FWIW, I think a candidate Romney, a candidate Jeb Bush, or even a candidate Rubio beats candidate Biden in 2020. A moderate Republican would likely fare well against what’s left of Biden (pun intended) in 2024. Republicans aren’t playing the long game when they let the Trump/populist wing continue to co-opt the party. 

It'll be Ron DeSantis.  Romney, Bush and Rubio have zero chance.  Feel free to quote me on that in 2024! 

And also feel free to explain Biden's "Electability."  I just don't see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M2 said:

It'll be Ron DeSantis.  Romney, Bush and Rubio have zero chance.  Feel free to quote me on that in 2024! 

And also feel free to explain Biden's "Electability."  I just don't see it.

I do think there is a certain “regular guy” charm to Biden. That said, I’ll concede that it was probably more about Trumps lack of electability just as it was Hillary’s major deficiency in 2016. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...