In 2019 former DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said in 2019 that under the Obama administration said "1,000 apprehensions was a crisis."  On Dec 18, 2023, 14,509 illegal immigrants encountered in one day.  We don't know how many were unobserved.  We now have the equivalent of the population of Tampa Florida pouring across our border every MONTH. 

DNC/Whitehouse/Big Guy - "Nothing to see here, everything is fine"

• Upvote 2

Having recently been down to the border in an official capacity, I can attest it is a dumpster fire of near biblical proportions!

Honestly, despite the large amount of effort and money Texas ($4.5B spent since 2021, and looking to fund an additional $4.6B over the next two years) and the Fed ($19.9B for 2024) is pouring into the situation, I don't believe it is fixable. 

The border between Texas and Mexico has historically been porous, almost irrelevant in many places.  188 years ago, it didn't event exist; and to many today, it still doesn't.

Does the US have a right to protect its sovereignty?  Absolutely!  Can we effectively do so along the 1,254 miles from the Gulf of México to El Paso in Texas alone?  Doubtful.  Should we try?  Most definitely.

But having been "boots on the ground," and visiting numerous locations where I could have easily walked across the Rio Grande into Mexico and barely getting my feet wet int he process (I didn't, being armed it wouldn't have been the best idea!); the reality is until something drastic changes in Mexico, it is a winless battle.

However, on a whim I did re-enact a famous move by Patton at Oppenheim, south of Frankfurt in 1945 when I realized I am the same age he was when he took a “time out for a short halt to take a piss in the Rhine.”  🫡🫡🫡

image.png.322de74e7ca2e54bd57a7dae609fc953.png

Probably the only real impact we could make is set up shop along the border, tell Mexico we’ll be operating up to 20 nm into their airspace (and we DGAF what they think about it), and we start killing a lot of bad guys. unfortunately if you’re a “truly innocent” person who is attached to a coyote/foreign actor/terrorist, you may get caught up in it. That sucks, but the truly innocent will learn real quick to not do that (short of kidnapped). Full militarization of the border is the only option we have left that might have some real impact.

34 minutes ago, pbar said:

Sovereignty?  California legalized illegal immigrants serving as police officers a couple of years ago.  Let that sink in..

That's the $10,000 question, who has a right to defend their borders, the US Federal Government or each state?

I know Texas' answer!

image.png.83bd4bd9a0cd035779bf09f96be88e46.png

4 hours ago, brabus said:

Probably the only real impact we could make is set up shop along the border, tell Mexico we’ll be operating up to 20 nm into their airspace (and we DGAF what they think about it), and we start killing a lot of bad guys. unfortunately if you’re a “truly innocent” person who is attached to a coyote/foreign actor/terrorist, you may get caught up in it. That sucks, but the truly innocent will learn real quick to not do that (short of kidnapped). Full militarization of the border is the only option we have left that might have some real impact.

Agreed.  Since Mexico won’t handle their business, they’ve forced our hand.  It’d be a great use of our COIN and SOF assets in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Texas law was a good addition to the laws on the books but until you arrest, charge with the employers and other enablers of illegal immigration and employment, asylum abusers and fraudulent claims, birth tourism, etc with RICO none of this matters

Count in also H1B visas abused / used by corporations to import compliant cheaper labor often beyond their visa limits

As soon as rich mostly white businessmen and their lawyers get arrested, not released on bond and their assets seized this will not get fixed no matter how many you arrest at the border or round up in work place enforcements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

As soon as rich mostly white businessmen and their lawyers get arrested, not released on bond and their assets seized this will not get fixed no matter how many you arrest at the border or round up in work place enforcements

And many of them actively vote Republican, so yeah, it’s not going to get fixed. A college buddy of mine owns a landscaping business in Virginia. He’s a vocal, very right of the aisle on almost everything, guy. But he never has anything to say on immigration, as nearly all his staff is “undocumented” Hispanics. It becomes easy to throw away your values when money is on the line. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kaputt said:

And many of them actively vote Republican, so yeah, it’s not going to get fixed. A college buddy of mine owns a landscaping business in Virginia. He’s a vocal, very right of the aisle on almost everything, guy. But he never has anything to say on immigration, as nearly all his staff is “undocumented” Hispanics. It becomes easy to throw away your values when money is on the line. 

Indeed. My exwife's  boss (landscaping and installation company in KBAD area) resembles that remark to a T. Rank hypocrites. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, M2 said:

image.thumb.png.b6d558f0dc1a4e9c4930e17b12007be9.png

*PAS!!!! 

👍 👍 

*PAS - ________ (name of individual) pissed and shit itself...again.       ; Biff PASd after eating Tex Mex 

5 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

I lived next to Broomfield for 10 yrs.  It’s sad what CO policies allow.  If you bring up anything about illegals you get cast as a racist.

I don’t miss living there.

6 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Just one more chance.  

49 minutes ago, ecugringo said:

you bring up anything about illegals you get cast as a racist.

I guess im racist. 

Edit:  Im for immigrants.    I don't even care if they're illegal.   Just make it harder for the bad people to cross. For real.

Anyone who supports the status quo, quit pretending there isn't a problem.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

4 hours ago, ecugringo said:

I lived next to Broomfield for 10 yrs.  It’s sad what CO policies allow.  If you bring up anything about illegals you get cast as a racist.

I don’t miss living there.

Apparently, you’ve never lived in Douglas County.

1 hour ago, ecugringo said:

Lol I was in jeffco…worked in boulder.

while Douglas is more conservative it won’t always be that way.  

Yeah man, I’m from the Front Range, so I’m pretty familiar. I’ll be dead before Douglas County, where I live, becomes a progressive dump like Denver.