Iraq in state of emergency - Mosul overrun by militants; government flees;

Vice

Gotta love how our conscious works in the West:

Kill almost 100,000 of your citizens using conventional means? No problem.

Gas 1,000? You've got to go.

Actually pretty sure people don't give a shit at this point. He used chemical weapons like 1+ years ago now right? Have we done anything? No.

I honestly think he is the lesser of two evils compared to ISIS.

Actually pretty sure people don't give a shit at this point. He used chemical weapons like 1+ years ago now right? Have we done anything? No.

I honestly think he is the lesser of two evils compared to ISIS.

At this point nothing would surprise me as far as who/what we hitch our wagon to. Just look at Baghdad International

Airport or as I call it, Joint Base Satan-Evil-aXis (JB-SEX). Key members of this unofficial international Composite

Wing include;

1. U.S.A. (The Great Satan);

2. Iraq (Former Member of Axis of Evil);

3. Iran (Member of the Axis of Evil);

4. Russia (Evil Empire);

Yep - the West has a problem mainly caused by liberal left wing political / cultural activists that eschew and discourage assimilation. Nor do they let the simple question of "Are these people compatible with our society ?" be asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who gets to define what "our society" is, exactly? Is "our society" the same as it was in 1865? The same as it was in 1920? 1945? 1965? 1980?

No? Hmm... so society changes over time as technology and population changes occur. Correct? Who are you to decide what that future society will be?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Here's an interesting read, "What went Wrong?" It tracks the societal evolution in the Middle East vs Europe. The Middle East was leading in art, science, engineering, and mathematics until around 750AD and the rise of Islam. Any technological advances in their society since then has been due to the influence of the west. So, if you want to time travel back to the 12th Century, I'd say ISIS is your passport. Nothing says going forward than the slaughtering of those that do not believe in Allah.

Who gets to define what "our society" is, exactly? Is "our society" the same as it was in 1865? The same as it was in 1920? 1945? 1965? 1980?

No? Hmm... so society changes over time as technology and population changes occur. Correct? Who are you to decide what that future society will be?

The society itself gets to decide. Not just one individual in it but the society itself. Freedom, tolerance and enlightenment do not demand self-destructive passive inaction when confronted by those who run counter to the principles of the Modern West, by those who choose to immigrate to the West and then proceed to live and be supported by it while still arguing and supporting subversion of it.

A great example of the person(s) the West should not hesitate nor feel guilty about expelling and resisting:

Radical Imam Encourages Pulling Welfare Benefits for Jihad

Societies do change but the core principles do not. It is not bigoted nor racist to argue that those who are unlikely to be successful, to assimilate and likely become a burden to society thru cultural practices or present condition are restricted from joining. It is just common sense.

Good article written by an immigrant to Sweden on the problem of mass immigration without assimilation. Link below on title to FP website.

Posted first two paragraphs as they smartly summarize the problem the West faces, not a problem of racial demographic shift but of a problematic cultural shift.

How does this relate to the original topic(s) of this thread? As Westerners (Americans, Europeans, etc..) return from the Iraq-Syria conflict fighting for ISIS or any other Islamic insurgency, if there is sufficient evidence they should be expelled from said countries losing their citizenship. This would be a good tactic in the strategy to defeat the currently greatest Islamic fascist movement, ISIS.

Stockholm Syndrome

How Immigrants Are Changing Sweden's Welfare State

Tino Sanandaji is among the last people one would expect to argue that immigrants pose a threat to Sweden’s way of life. An economist at Stockholm’s renowned free-market think tank Research Institute of Industrial Economics, Sanandaji is a member of a Swedish elite that has long defended open borders. And his own life offers a clear example of an immigrant success story: Sanandaji arrived in Sweden from Iran in 1989, with his mother and younger brother, when he was nine years old. With financial assistance from the Swedish government, Sanandaji was able to attend the elite Stockholm School of Economics. From there he moved to the United States, where he earned a Ph.D. in public policy from the University of Chicago.

And yet Sanandaji now argues that Sweden should stop taking in people who share his background. “Immigration has meant that Sweden has imported a bunch of social and economic problems that to a degree didn’t exist before,” he tells me, sitting in a modern conference room at his office in the upscale Östermalm neighborhood of Stockholm. “For a number of reasons -- a long period of peace, a homogenous population -- Sweden has had a unique combination of welfare, growth, and equality. That idyll is to a certain degree over.”...

Edited by Clark Griswold

Here's the problem Vertigo, the radical Muslims trying to establish a Caliphate aren't simply looking to be left alone to live life as they see fit. They want the rest of us, as varied and diverse as we are, to be assimilated completely into their way of life. If they had their way, the Islam police would be rolling down every street in the world enforcing their interpretation of the Koran. They're against multiculturalism more than anyone here.

So your assertion is that these radical Islamists have just as much right to come into our society and chop off heads as we do to vote on tax codes and welfare benefits? Because I'm not sure I agree with you that society is obligated to let people with radically opposed ideas, and the willingness to use any means necessary to bend society to those ideas, join the rest of us.

So your assertion is that these radical Islamists have just as much right to come into our society and chop off heads as we do to vote on tax codes and welfare benefits? Because I'm not sure I agree with you that society is obligated to let people with radically opposed ideas, and the willingness to use any means necessary to bend society to those ideas, join the rest of us.

Last I heard, chopping off heads was illegal in this country. And if/until this country has a large enough of a population that shared the view that it shouldn't be then we shouldn't be race/religion/sexual orientation screening and deciding whether or not these individuals will or will not live exactly as how you see fit.

Your lifestyle may not be the same as mine... but I'm not clamoring to have you expelled because you don't fit into what I think our society is our should be.

Last I heard, chopping off heads was illegal in this country. And if/until this country has a large enough of a population that shared the view that it shouldn't be then we shouldn't be race/religion/sexual orientation screening and deciding whether or not these individuals will or will not live exactly as how you see fit.

Your lifestyle may not be the same as mine... but I'm not clamoring to have you expelled because you don't fit into what I think our society is our should be.

And yet they still execute it.

Make no mistake, Honor Killings... Female Circumcision.... These acts happen despite the social disincentive of it being illegal. Take a look at the albeit anecdotal evidence from our friends over in Europe.... the people executing these acts and this drive to change us have no give a shit whether or not you accept the idea or not. They are using our inability to confront them directly due to our overwhelming drive to be politically correct like its the way to sneak under the radar until they get their way through a growing majority. There are places in England which have de facto Sharia law... where in any level of western society is something like that ok .... not a damn place. But if you call it as you see it your to busy defending yourself from the people quick to call you out as a racist to pay any attention to the real issue... that somebody is cutting of women's who-ha parts or that they are murdering daughters for blowing a white guy in college because of some 12th century honor code.

Immigration is a fine thing, it allows a culture to not remain stagnant... but at the same time to sit around and try and defend their beliefs as a viable and compatible way of life is just a joke. These people are ignorant scum, no different than a bunch of white people who think we should burn a woman as a witch after she doesn't sink in the river quickly enough.

Edited by Lawman
  • Upvote 1

ISIS apologizes for releasing journalist Sotloff's beheading video by "mistake", becuase that makes it all better, guess we can call off the airstrikes.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/09/03/ISIS-Claims-Sotloff-Video-Released-By-Mistake-Follow-Report-of-Ban-on-Beheading-Videos

Just so we're clear...they didn't apologize for beheading Sotloff. They apologized for releasing the video early.

The link/video below is worthy of at least being discussed...whether in a positive or negative way.

My personal opinion hasn't changed: Let the Iraqis give them damn near everything they have first, in conjunction with/followed by neighboring countries (for those that actually care), then other countries in the world who also have an interest...and so on. As a citizen I'm not supportive of the US getting involved right away 'just because'. Besides, what's the point of saying you want to destroy something if you're already promising that you aren't willing to do all that may (and probably will) be necessary (ie "boots on the ground")?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3768333397001/president-george-w-bushs-chilling-warning-on-iraq-in-2007/#sp=show-clips

• 4 weeks later...

"Uh, our guys are wearing green, right?"

"Load Clear!"

Plenty of cases of us dropping supplies to the Taliban in Afghanistan. I'm aware of one particular drop that was off DZ by 230NM. Pretty impressive in a country that is only around 500NM across.
A lot of CCT guys have hilarious stories regarding supply drops where they're trying to be the hero for their squad by coordinating a desperately needed relief drop only to have it come down on top of a 4000ft mountain or on top of the enemy positions.

Plenty of cases of us dropping supplies to the Taliban in Afghanistan. I'm aware of one particular drop that was off DZ by 230NM. Pretty impressive in a country that is only around 500NM across.
A lot of CCT guys have hilarious stories regarding supply drops where they're trying to be the hero for their squad by coordinating a desperately needed relief drop only to have it come down on top of a 4000ft mountain or on top of the enemy positions.

That's terrible, but hopefully it went something like ...

Vox.Wile_.E.Anvil_.jpg

And yet they still execute it.

Make no mistake, Honor Killings... Female Circumcision.... These acts happen despite the social disincentive of it being illegal. Take a look at the albeit anecdotal evidence from our friends over in Europe.... the people executing these acts and this drive to change us have no give a shit whether or not you accept the idea or not. They are using our inability to confront them directly due to our overwhelming drive to be politically correct like its the way to sneak under the radar until they get their way through a growing majority. There are places in England which have de facto Sharia law... where in any level of western society is something like that ok .... not a damn place. But if you call it as you see it your to busy defending yourself from the people quick to call you out as a racist to pay any attention to the real issue... that somebody is cutting of women's who-ha parts or that they are murdering daughters for blowing a white guy in college because of some 12th century honor code.

Immigration is a fine thing, it allows a culture to not remain stagnant... but at the same time to sit around and try and defend their beliefs as a viable and compatible way of life is just a joke. These people are ignorant scum, no different than a bunch of white people who think we should burn a woman as a witch after she doesn't sink in the river quickly enough.

Yep, and now look what happened in Oklahoma, a recently converted Muslim man chopped off a coworkers head. The media is calling it a case of "workplace violence", but I'm fairly sure that he didn't remove his colleague's head because she didn't fill out her TPS reports correctly. And 2 years ago when I lived there the Oklahoma State Legislature passed an anti-sharia bill in response to the cases in the United Kingdom... The libtards were up in arms about how "culturally insensitive" and pointless it was, and now here we are, a Muslim Oklahoman cut off a woman's head in the name of Islam. And people still think it's a religion of peace?