Rumor - ORIs Ending?

moosepileit

In the traditional sense, yes the ORI is supposed to go away. It will be replaced with a CUI or Combined Unit Inspection that will have large portions accomplished online and internally before a team ever arrives, the team is supposed to be smaller and same work that has been "Self Identified and corrected" to ensure compliance. There will still an evaluation of a Wing's ability to generate combat power and how a wing gets out the door, but the ATSO portion becomes unit specific...makes sense for Korea, not so much for Altus.

The genesis of the idea was the realization of just how many man hours we were wasting getting ready for not really in our job jar...then we were sending large numbers of inspectors out who wasted many more man hours inspecting those same innocuous things.

Edited by ClearedHot
  • Upvote 1

It will be replaced with a CUI or Combined Unit Inspection that will have large portions accomplished online and internally before a team ever arrives

Any real emphasis on giving credit for real-world tasking when/where applicable to the mission set being evaluated...?

Any real emphasis on giving credit for real-world tasking when/where applicable to the mission set being evaluated...?

This isn't the real world...it's the fake world of the IG.

Kinda reminds me of a story from a Vietnam era book. The squadron had to do an ORI, in country, during the war and they failed. Guess who kept flying combat missions. One of the findings was the jets weren't painted IAW the reg (sharks teeth under the nose), the bosses response was "Noted."

This isn't the real world...it's the fake world of the IG.

Kinda reminds me of a story from a Vietnam era book. The squadron had to do an ORI, in country, during the war and they failed. Guess who kept flying combat missions. One of the findings was the jets weren't painted IAW the reg (sharks teeth under the nose), the bosses response was "Noted."

I'd laugh if I was the wing commander and not give them the time of day.

Edited by matmacwc

Our (AMC) ORI is in March and we just received almost 100% credit for it based on our real world contributions since our last ORI in 08.

What was a fly-away ORE this month and a fly-away ORI in March has been turned into a 4 hour ATSO Rodeo with <100 players base wide. Talked with the CV last week about it, and he estimated over $2 mil in savings.

Winning!

Our (AMC) ORI is in March and we just received almost 100% credit for it based on our real world contributions since our last ORI in 08.

What was a fly-away ORE this month and a fly-away ORI in March has been turned into a 4 hour ATSO Rodeo with <100 players base wide. Talked with the CV last week about it, and he estimated over $2 mil in savings.

Winning!

Seriously? Our ORI is in June and, as far as I know, we're still full up with fly-away ORE and ORI. How the hell did you guys score that deal?

Winning!

Easily over $2M. I wrote the boss a talking paper about the cost of our ORI to turn in along with the request for credit for real world events. Without counting man hours, we were already over $2M. And I used those numbers on my OPR so they must be true.

I was only succesful in getting PTF credit but I think the discussion for reducing the impact of inspections was already ongoing. Glad to here that it is finally coming to fruition.

I bet a lot of that was tongue in cheek Champ.

2...thanks for the back up. :beer: But it is a good thing that ORIs are having less of an impact and the IG is willing to give credit for real world ops.

On another note, I just found out Col Steve Legrand, AMC/IG, died in October from complications after surgery. I got to work with him a few times in 2011 and I believe he was one of the guys that got the ball rolling on reducing the ORI footprint. Great guy and I'm sad to see him die so young. :salut::beer: :beer:

If this is true it's about time! Flying a C-5/C-17 to some off station so the crew can do nothing but run around in the chem masks all so the Wing CC can check off a box on his/her career requirement is crazy! During these ORIs I've never seen anyone actually practice on how to decontaminate a heavy airlifter inside or out to a level that the Europeans would allow you to fly it over their airspace! (after all they are terrified of Genetically Modified corn)

• Upvote 1