General Petraeus resigns amid affair scandal

Crown

Seriously? That's the video you post? Fail.

My dearest Sir. My posting of thy "intellectually deficient" internet video recording was to figuratively point out that many in the entertainment establishment are practicing their artistic talents and taking full advantance of the torrid affair.

In other words, if you don't like it, piss off.

Out

My dearest Sir. My posting of thy "intellectually deficient" internet video recording was to figuratively point out that many in the entertainment establishment are practicing their artistic talents and taking full advantance of the torrid affair.

Out

So angry....

Out

vikQx.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
Sen. John Kerry, chairman of the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee, upon being told Saturday about Clinton’s illness and injury “insisted” she not appear at the hearing, said Jodi Seth, spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Democrat.

Well, if John Kerry insisted, how could she testify?

This is what I meant when I said I have never been a Petraeus fan...

Can you explain your position on this, viz-a-viz military commanders being hamstrung by politicians?

In effect, Petraeus revised the standard of performance expected of senior U.S. field commanders. Getting an “A” on their report card no longer required winning. Now, mere alleviation sufficed.
Edited by Steve Davies

• 2 months later...

Latest info.

The Army has revoked the promotion of Paula Broadwell, the one-time mistress of CIA Director David Petraeus, according to a Defense Department official.

Does it even really matter? She's in the reserves.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/20/first-on-cnn-paula-broadwell-military-promotion-revoked/?hpt=hp_t2

I think that it is a hard to judge her from the outside looking in when we do not understand what type of documents she had in her office. Was it information that she was writing about that the FBI considers classified or are there actual documents that were snuck out that are classified. In my opinion, there is a difference. When an author/ex government employee writes a book that may have classified information in it at home but eventually gets in reviewed properly before getting it published, they do not get arrested when the government decides to redact 20 pages of it for being classified.

The government should not allow intelligence officers to be authors/news contributors because their knowledge on certain subjects can easily get into gray areas. News anchors talk about classified information all the time, the problem is when someone like Broadwell talks about the same thing, the military might as well be saying it. For example, for a long time the government didn’t claim they used “UAVs” in certain countries even though it was common knowledge and reported on CNN whenever it happened. If someone like Broadwell wrote an article on that subject would it be considered classified even if she used non-classified sources for her article?

The main thing that makes me wonder about the situation is, how in the hell did she get the classified documents on her computer in the first place? If she wasn’t the author, did she have a thumb drive or what? The government has not given any details about it so you have to wonder what the whole story is.

Edited by one