Homeland Security - Fair and Rational Reaction?

Steve Davies

What enemy will they be going into harms way against?

There's actually a couple of articles on DHS website about them using these vehicles during Hurricane Sandy- to rescue those trapped in high water.

I, however, doubt this was the initial reason these vehicle were bought.

Evidently, people more educated on the issue than you and I have determined the level of risk and expectation of conflict is sufficient to warrant our government to spend millions if not billions of dollars on military grade armored and blast resistant vehicles, weapons, and ammunition to protect our citizens on our own soil.

Do you feel more protected now that DHS is driving around in blacked out MRAPs with HK M4's and a billion rounds of ammo?

• Upvote 1

Here in Texas we take our watercraft rules and regulations seriously.

Old News...but lets keep it going

http://www.usatoday....rivacy/1637105/

Fuck yeah! Don't mess with Texas! This is our governor!

rick%2Bperry%2Bgun.jpg

This is our Attorney General...

Greg_abbott_hunt.jpg

And this is one of our best senators educating the idiots in Washington about their ridiculous proposed bans...

cruz-guns-e1360687493565.jpg

"It's a Texas thing. I can explain it to you. I can't understand it for you." - Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, March 2, 2013

543903_494872223910101_1527047191_n.jpg

I watched that video thinking they were using a few of the thousands of MRAPs we have sitting over in the desert. I didn't realize they bought new ones. I cannot believe government inefficiency.

The article said that these MRAPs were donated by the DoD... so I don't think it cost the DHS anything--except, perhaps, the modifications. Which by the way, I thought the same thing about how dumb it is to to have a MRAP but put the agents on the outside when you roll up on the "enemy."

The MRAPs were transferred to DHS from the Department of Defense, free of charge.

• 5 months later...

This former Marine Colonel attended his hometown city council meeting regarding a matter in which it was to be decided if the town should accept a Homeland Security grant for $200,000+ armored "Bearcat" vehicle.

Amen, Colonel!

Shame what has happened to NH, they truly once were the bastion for Liberty.

Porcupines, UNITE!

http://freestateproject.org/

Here's the problem--they chose a State in a sea of Blue! NH is being infiltrated by folks from MA and the other liberal States. It would have been better had they chosen a State such as WY, SD, MT, ID...

When NH elects Sen Shaheen, then they're far from Libertarian. At least Sen Ayotte didn't vote for any of the gun control bills.

Don't get me wrong, I think our DHS soldiers deserve the best equipment available when we send them into harm's way fighting the enemy, but why not equip them with surplus serviceable weapons and vehicles that have already been war-proven?

111130fortbenning_lg.jpg

MRAPs roll over pretty easily and they're a bitch to get in and out of quickly. Unless the 'enemy' has Mk-19s and 500 lb IEDs, I think these cops would be better off with a service van that has a sliding door, retrofitted with some ballistic panels. Or hell, give them a bunch of the up-armored HMMWVs that we're selling for scrap.

Edited by Duff_Man

Drug smugglers and home-grown terrorists. Let's face it, we're facing an increasing threat from enemies of the USA within our borders. Cartels and American Al-Qaeda are just the tip of the iceberg. There are lots of groups who threaten the security and stability of the US and are taking advantage of our free society and Constitutional rights to further an Anti-American agenda. Evidently, people more educated on the issue than you and I have determined the level of risk and expectation of conflict is sufficient to warrant our government to spend millions if not billions of dollars on military grade armored and blast resistant vehicles, weapons, and ammunition to protect our citizens on our own soil.

So when was the last time DHS successfully stormed a domestic terrorist compound before an attack?

Absolutely, just like back in AFG. Anyone would feel intimidated having one of these patrolling your neighborhood chock full of black rifles and virtually unlimited ammo.Therefore, they'd be excellent deterrents to the most well armed criminals and evil-doers. Even the wild-eyed AK-toting anti-Fed NRA crazies would probably decide taking a potshot at one of these isn't a good idea. As long as you're not doing anything wrong, you've got nothing to worry about.

Where have I heard this before...?

Do a Google news search for "SWAT raid". Potential terrorists are all around us.

I guess someone has to kick in the doors of people the NSA is listening to. With tanks. In a residential neighborhood.

Hopefully the get the right house. Surely they'd never kick down the wrong door with one of these things, right? They certainly wouldn't shoot an innocent man's dog after raiding the wrong apartment. And even if they did kill the family dog after busting into the wrong house, they'd never handcuff the kids and sit them next to the dog's corpse.

I guess you just have a lot more faith in our government than I do. After watching the IRS used as a weapon against political enemies, and after seeing the NSA turned on every American who uses the internet or a cell phone, I'm a little wary of pairing those agencies up with this kind of firepower and putting it all in Eric Holder's hands. Call me paranoid if you want, but the few isolated terrorist attacks don't warrant the kind of power we've turned over to the government.

• Upvote 7

I guess someone has to kick in the doors of people the NSA is listening to. With tanks. In a residential neighborhood.

Hopefully the get the right house. Surely they'd never kick down the wrong door with one of these things, right? They certainly wouldn't shoot an innocent man's dog after raiding the wrong apartment. And even if they did kill the family dog after busting into the wrong house, they'd never handcuff the kids and sit them next to the dog's corpse.

I guess you just have a lot more faith in our government than I do. After watching the IRS used as a weapon against political enemies, and after seeing the NSA turned on every American who uses the internet or a cell phone, I'm a little wary of pairing those agencies up with this kind of firepower and putting it all in Eric Holder's hands. Call me paranoid if you want, but the few isolated terrorist attacks don't warrant the kind of power we've turned over to the government.

Hook line....

Evidently the threat facing the everyday Joe Q Public requires an MRAP. Therefore, I should have ARs, AKs and 30 round mags because my PD doesn't have any MRAPs. MPAP = Mine Resistant. Where are all the IEDs in America so that I can avoid them? Out punctuation

Detroit.