Lack of Flight Discipline

stract

Uggg... The Air Force is full of pussies these days.

No, the Air Force is full of 'Yes Man' leadership who only knows how to react in a knee-jerk type fashion.

What does the first thing a CC tells his people after a DUI in his Sq/Gp/Wg--not to drink and drive, be careful, have a plan, be a 'wingman', blah blah blah. How many times do I have to be told the same thing? Let me know when the reg or policy changes, in the meantime, just let me do my job.

It probably says in here!

!B7vjVj!!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!lMEy+jCvyD6BM1GO8tOe!~~_3.JPG

- Wrong model of King Air.

- In 18 years of aircraft maintenance (both .mil and .civ), I've never seen a WDM from any manufacturer that addressed how to fly the aircraft in question.

EDIT: Damnit, I missed where Napoleon already said it....

Edited by JarheadBoom

Uggg... The Air Force is full of pussies these days.

Really? If this happened those dudes are retards, they're not in their single-seat cockpit anymore or never were there in the first place. Crushing a dudes balls for busting flight discipline makes you a p*ssy now?

Attitudes like that lead to: "Mishap crew...(insert 69 pages of an O-6 driven board)" & BUFF/C-17 Fireballs

Edited by TrainerModel
  • Upvote 1

I've never seen a wiring diagram that told me how to fly an airplane....

- Wrong model of King Air.

- In 18 years of aircraft maintenance (both .mil and .civ), I've never seen a WDM from any manufacturer that addressed how to fly the aircraft in question.

EDIT: Damnit, I missed where Napoleon already said it....

Haha, god dammit, I meant to post a picture of the operator's handbook. Well my smartass reply has failed. :jd:

The air force is a part 135 charter full of chieftains replete with a gaggleful of pilots who got into the job hoping they'd get to fly the one Edge 540 on property for a living. It really is THAT simpleton. We can't all be winners in life.Situations such as this one are just mere manifestations of said dynamic. You think the dreams of re-enacting Top Gun (shirtless volleyball included) dies on these people when they get sent to T-1 with the rest of the gas chamber train car? Nope. We all gotta grow up some day though...It's just a crappy airline gig for the majority. Beats selling life insurance I presume. I personally find the King Air skull-fuckingly boring and rather do looptie loops with Stan all day like a poosie, but Im not about to shine my ass and bitch roll the uncle's Chieftain just cuz' I didn't get vipers. To each their own.

My old mws was filled with dudes intent on whipping that ol'bitch like it was a mudhen. Idiots. The whole push towards the TGT Pod was further fuel towards that end. Now Im not gonna shit on the dead, but we got reminders around here in the not so distant recent past of what happens when we forget our ride is a chieftain and not a 540. QOL notwithstanding, the more I think about the motivations most of these young men got into blue flying for, the more I'm convinced a non-vol chopper tour in the ARMY would do a lot of AF flyers a whole lot of good. Where else can you crash the uncle's ride for a living, fire a gun at will, and get street cred for it? I digress.

This is just another FCIF I gotta sign in order to avoid the wrath of enlisted folks...this place is all sorts of fucked up.

• Upvote 1

The air force is a part 135 charter full of chieftains replete with a gaggleful of pilots who got into the job hoping they'd get to fly the one Edge 540 on property for a living. It really is THAT simpleton. We can't all be winners in life.Situations such as this one are just mere manifestations of said dynamic. You think the dreams of re-enacting Top Gun (shirtless volleyball included) dies on these people when they get sent to T-1 with the rest of the gas chamber train car? Nope. We all gotta grow up some day though...It's just a crappy airline gig for the majority. Beats selling life insurance I presume. I personally find the King Air skull-fuckingly boring and rather do looptie loops with Stan all day like a poosie, but Im not about to shine my ass and bitch roll the uncle's Chieftain just cuz' I didn't get vipers. To each their own.

My old mws was filled with dudes intent on whipping that ol'bitch like it was a mudhen. Idiots. The whole push towards the TGT Pod was further fuel towards that end. Now Im not gonna shit on the dead, but we got reminders around here in the not so distant recent past of what happens when we forget our ride is a chieftain and not a 540. QOL notwithstanding, the more I think about the motivations most of these young men got into blue flying for, the more I'm convinced a non-vol chopper tour in the ARMY would do a lot of AF flyers a whole lot of good. Where else can you crash the uncle's ride for a living, fire a gun at will, and get street cred for it? I digress.

This is just another FCIF I gotta sign in order to avoid the wrath of enlisted folks...this place is all sorts of fucked up.

1309066918561.jpg

Are you really ascribing a lack of flight discipline to people being butthurt about not being fighter pilots? YGBFSM. If nothing else it's a product of our self congratulating culture where you can't criticize anyone, and have to put a positive spin on something. We (as a culture) are loath to call an assclown an assclown, therefore the assclown continues doing buffoonerous things because he thinks it's ok to do so, and nobody really calls him on it (don't want to hurt his feelings, or write something that might hurt his career).

• Upvote 2

HOLY SHIT! Smoke crack much????!!!!

Guest Hueypilot812

You think the dreams of re-enacting Top Gun (shirtless volleyball included) dies on these people when they get sent to T-1 with the rest of the gas chamber train car? Nope. We all gotta grow up some day though...It's just a crappy airline gig for the majority. Beats selling life insurance I presume.

Maybe your view...but flying the C-130 ain't like a "crappy airline gig", and I'd argue that most MWS's aren't anything like the airlines. I've got enough shit to do while leading a formation over a drop zone to worry about flying acro in airplanes that aren't designed for it...

• Upvote 1

Maybe your view...but flying the C-130 ain't like a "crappy airline gig", and I'd argue that most MWS's aren't anything like the airlines. I've got enough shit to do while leading a formation over a drop zone to worry about flying acro in airplanes that aren't designed for it...

2! Gotta love the herc; landing on a 3000 foot dirt LZ surrounded by mountains and hajis shooting at you, to support the guys on the ground is pretty thrilling and rewarding.

• Upvote 1

AETC just got it yesterday. I think if the Vice CSAF signs an FCIF that calls you out personally, things probably aren't looking good for you.

This is where you start praying for the wedge theory to come into effect ASAFP.

However, not all is necessarily lost for these guys.

We've all seen guys do something fucked up only to see them prosper later. My theory is that the guys at the top see a name a couple years after the crash/buffoonery, recognize the name but can't remember the reason they recognoze it, assume they are recognizing it for a good reason and it is off to the races.

IMHBAO, this seems like an over reaction to something that could've been handled in the SQ/DOs office.

This is where you start praying for the wedge theory to come into effect ASAFP.

However, not all is necessarily lost for these guys.

We've all seen guys do something fucked up only to see them prosper later. My theory is that the guys at the top see a name a couple years after the crash/buffoonery, recognize the name but can't remember the reason they recognoze it, assume they are recognizing it for a good reason and it is off to the races.

IMHBAO, this seems like an over reaction to something that could've been handled in the SQ/DOs office.

Maybe the guys at the top feel like the wheels are coming off. They've got a pilot force that is highly combat experienced but bored now that the action is winding down. The force is also disgruntled due to personnel policies. They're probably scared shitless that they've got a bunch of dudes who feel like they've got nothing to lose. Once again leadership uses the only tool in their toolbox: sternly worded emails.

Maybe the guys at the top feel like the wheels are coming off. They've got a pilot force that is highly combat experienced but bored now that the action is winding down. The force is also disgruntled due to personnel policies. They're probably scared shitless that they've got a bunch of dudes who feel like they've got nothing to lose. Once again leadership uses the only tool in their toolbox: sternly worded emails.

Perhaps such sternly worded e-mails will work at the Deid too....

-----------Message-----------

To: XXWG/ALL

Subject: Final Warning

I'm typing this as sternly as I can. There will be no more warnings on this issue: Wear your reflective belts and tuck in your PT shirts! I will have my group commanders patrolling the base 24/7 for those violating my sternly stated rule. If you are caught violating my rules, you will have to report to me in full PT gear with your commander and his commander, and his commander which is probably me, but I'll be there anyway! Your punishment will be cleaning the plumbing in the men's shower with your bare hands!

//// SIGNED ////

Commander

P.S. And stop masturbating in the showers!

• Upvote 2