Military Cadet Suing Patti LaBelle

ClearedHot

Obviously there's no audio, but I certainly didn't see the kid acting belligerent towards the security guys or Ms. LaBelle.

I'm curious why he's no longer a cadet...typical knee-jerk reaction from West Point?

Obviously there's no audio, but I certainly didn't see the kid acting belligerent towards the security guys or Ms. LaBelle.

I'm curious why he's no longer a cadet...typical knee-jerk reaction from West Point?

He was on orders so he shouldn't have been drinking. When he was "arrested/treated" they smelled alcohol on him.

So I guess W Point just dis-enrolled him or what not before getting any facts straight.

Who the f^ck just gets assaulted while standing talking on their phone at the airport? There had to have been something said to provoke this, even if LaBelle just hates white kids.

edit: grammers

Edited by AZwildcat

I read in another article that he is no longer a cadet is b/c after the altercation, he has been having dizzy spells and other medical problems. When and if I find that article, I'll post it.

When cadets go home for vacation, why can't they drink while traveling? Plus they never said he was drunk, just that he had a few beers.

One article I read stated he was a senior at the time, so I'm guessing he was a few months away from commissioning.

On that note:

In spite of the drama, King is confident he will be able to soon return to his military duties.

Richard King will proudly serve his country wherever he is deployed. When he completes his 18 month tour of duty, he will reapply to West Point

Sounds like he got the boot, and was forced to enlist (seen it happen to guys at USAFA). If he was booted for headaches and such, I doubt they would have made him enlist.

Shitty deal all around for the guy. Get beat up with a concussion, miss out on spring break, get kicked out of West Point, and then forced to enlist. I hope he wins the lawsuit.

He is West Point.

I imagine his orders were much like ROTC going on PDT, to/from field training, or something in which drinking (even when over 21) is forbidden.

I think you are comparing Apples to Octopi here. West Point isn't AFROTC and the policies don't correlate at all. You are telling us that a 21-22 year old cadet from a service academy isn't allowed to drink on a spring break trip home?

I think what sunk him was Houston PD contacting West Point and passing along a police report that he was basically drunk and disorderly(although they never charged him with that), and at that point he is guilty until proven innocent.

I think this guy is getting hosed and West Point is probably going to standby their decision as being correct no matter what happens, but he is going to bring home a boat load of cash in damages in the civil trail. The video clearly shows 3 people assaulting him, with one of them standing over him when he is obviously no longer a threat. On top of it their actions were clearly on behalf of and sanctioned by Patti LaBelle otherwise they would have already been fired and she would have apologized. Also, I think you will probably see Houston PD file assault charges against the three individuals and discipline the two officers in the video to save face and dodge liability themselves.

The saddest part about this whole thing is this kid couldn't get any justice until he filled a civil suit and went to the press.

As far as drinking on orders, when we go home on break etc, we typically cannot drink enroute but can once you reach the destination. It is considered leave at the Academies and thus the orders come in to play. Its unreasonable to expect no drinking during a 3 week summer vacation. But if you get in trouble with alcohol while home or on vacation that stuff will get back really fast.

• 4 weeks later...

Who the F%$k is Patti LaBelle. I'd be so pissed off if i got my head bashed by some goons of some famous person I dont even know.

I think I would be more upset at myself (if I was him) for getting my ass handed to me so easily. Then to have it broadcasted across the nation. That is the real reason the USMA is getting rid of him.

I think I would be more upset at myself (if I was him) for getting my ass handed to me so easily. Then to have it broadcasted across the nation. That is the real reason the USMA is getting rid of him.

This.

And anyone who doesn't know who Patti LaBelle is needs to throw away their Lady Gag-a CDs and cruise over to the grown-up section of the music store!

Plus, it's not like Patti LaBelle was the one who beat him up; although after watching the video it is not impossible to believe that a 67-yr-old black woman could hand him his ass as well! :bash:

I read in another article that he is no longer a cadet is b/c after the altercation, he has been having dizzy spells and other medical problems. When and if I find that article, I'll post it.

So he isn't fit enough to go to class and graduate, but he is fit enough to send into combat as an enlisted soldier? WTF?

And anyone who doesn't know who Patti LaBelle is needs to throw away their Lady Gag-a CDs and cruise over to the grown-up section of the music store!

So,... how many of her albums do you have? They're in your CD cabinet, right next to George Strait and Willie Nelson, right?

Man, you young buck are really out of touch!

Patti LaBelle is a 70's and 80's singer, but kinda disappeared during the 90's. For those of you who are James Bond fans, she sang the ending credits music for "License To Kill" (1989), just to name an example.

So,... how many of her albums do you have? They're in your CD cabinet, right next to George Strait and Willie Nelson, right?

Look, I know they put up with all kinds of liberal bullshit out there in Callyfornia; but badmouthin' George Strait and Willie Nelson will get you a serious old-fashioned ass-kicking around these parts! :bash:

George actually lives about nine miles from here as the crow flies. I ain't run into him yet, but I do know we both shop at the same furniture store in Leon Springs. :rock:

As for Willie, he's still playing Floore Country Store in Helotes every Saturday night, at least according to the sign out front! :drinking:

859-8.jpeg

And I'm bettin' you knew who Patti LaBelle was as well...don't try and deny it! :nob: