I Hate Reflective Belts

Toro

:thumbsup: Hilarious! If you're too f'ing stupid to not look both ways before crossing a street and need to depend on relectivity to save you, then you do not deserve to live.

We were thinking about submitting a video to AFN based on this, they are running a deal right now "think you can do better? submit your video to AFN." With the ridiculous scenarios we've come up with, I doubt it'd get played, but funny none the less.

The list goes on but I'm finding myself getting pissed off the more I type so I'm going to end there.

Holy cow man...that's seriously over the top.

What do you think, bandoleer style for some extra flair? Around my forehead like the karate kid?

both

We were thinking about submitting a video to AFN based on this, they are running a deal right now "think you can do better? submit your video to AFN." With the ridiculous scenarios we've come up with, I doubt it'd get played, but funny none the less.

If this happens, I want in!

The E's on my crew submitted a suicide prevention commercial. The FE is watching AFN, says "I... can't...take...anymore...crappy...commercials...", turns on an electric hair clipper, and goes for his own throat, at which point the Load reaches in, heroically saving the day, and, in perfect cue-card-reading monotone, rambles on about all the agencies Big Blue has to offer help, and that suicide is never the answer. It's probably a lot funnier if you know the crew and saw the video. We'll see if it airs during the Superbowl.

God in heaven vertigo, that sounds shitty. Way to take one for the team...whoever that CC is should choke himself. If I'm ever an inspector some day far in the future I'd write someone up for ordering stupid shit like that. However...

THIS will be the first thing I try when I get home. I think that would make about the best sex tape ever :rock:

What do you think, bandoleer style for some extra flair? Around my forehead like the karate kid?

More likely this d-bag CC has set new standard of stupid and all following bases/units/ice cream stands will follow suit. "Base X's reflective policy was lauded by the IG so we must do the same to avoid getting a write up " Either that or they will set the bar even higher (er, ahh... lower); no civilian clothing, NEO all dependends off base for the length of the exercise, close the BX, bowling alley, Class VI, GO #1 for "adult" pubs, etc... Just think of the possibilities. WTF is wrong with the AF today?

EDIT: Me not spell so good.

Edited by Stitch

Let me add some more buffoonery to this fire.

UCI at my guard base recently. The wing CC mandates "wear of reflective belts 24/7". This includes during hours of daylight, while indoors, while upstairs in a two story building, while driving your vehicle to and from the base, while at your hotel off base if you're not from the local area, if you are in civilian clothes on base. Hell to me 24/7 means 24/7 so if you're in the shower at home... better have a belt on. Fucking the wife? Better be wearing your belt!

The Wing CC also directed 1st Sgts to go to the local hotels and make sure his out of town traditionals were wearing the belt at the hotel "just in case an inspector sees them during their off duty time". Those caught without a belt on "will be severely reprimanded".

The gate guards were checking people as they entered the base to ensure they had on reflective belts in their car!

- More -

All no hat/no salute areas on base were null and void during the UCI; this includes the ramp.

You could not address an airman or NCO as airman or sergeant. It had to be Airman First Class Snuffy or Technical Sergeant Beergut, etc.

The full time AGR and technicians were mandated to take down all personal items from their desks/offices. No pics of the kids or wife, etc.

The list goes on but I'm finding myself getting pissed off the more I type so I'm going to end there.

At a Guard base?????????????? How in the hell does this happen? You have to tell which unit.

If this is accurate you have to instantly get the politically connected heavy hitters in your flying squadron on the case. They should know what to do re: Governor...US Senator etc. Any well placed retirees? Is this so called "Commander" an active duty type who was air-dropped in as I hear is happening?

"Time to hit the club for some debauchery and a sacrifice or two"

Clip two together and wrap the both of you up. You should feel responsible for ensuring the safety of loved ones.

Personally, I love wearing my reflective belt while in bed with my wife. She can see me coming.

Your location says Heartland of America. Was it Forbes, Lincoln, Sioux City, Des Moines?

Close... slightly south of those locations, but not by much.

I'm sure some of the Herc and C17 guys on here have been to this base for an advanced airlift course.

The former CC for that schoolhouse is the aforementioned Wing CC.

Close... slightly south of those locations, but not by much.

I'm sure some of the Herc and C17 guys on here have been to this base for an advanced airlift course.

The former CC for that schoolhouse is the aforementioned Wing CC.

W........T..........F...........

Let me add some more buffoonery to this fire.

UCI at my guard base recently. The wing CC mandates "wear of reflective belts 24/7". This includes during hours of daylight, while indoors, while upstairs in a two story building, while driving your vehicle to and from the base, while at your hotel off base if you're not from the local area, if you are in civilian clothes on base. Hell to me 24/7 means 24/7 so if you're in the shower at home... better have a belt on. Fucking the wife? Better be wearing your belt!

The Wing CC also directed 1st Sgts to go to the local hotels and make sure his out of town traditionals were wearing the belt at the hotel "just in case an inspector sees them during their off duty time". Those caught without a belt on "will be severely reprimanded".

The gate guards were checking people as they entered the base to ensure they had on reflective belts in their car!

- More -

All no hat/no salute areas on base were null and void during the UCI; this includes the ramp.

You could not address an airman or NCO as airman or sergeant. It had to be Airman First Class Snuffy or Technical Sergeant Beergut, etc.

The full time AGR and technicians were mandated to take down all personal items from their desks/offices. No pics of the kids or wife, etc.

All of this for a UCI? I thought only an ORI rated that level of buffoonerey. Of course, none of the inspectors will think any of this is odd or just a dog-and-pony show for the inspection. Not a chance. UFB.

• 2 months later...
Guest onetwopi

Just thought I'd let you all know that we hit 30,000 on the 26th of March. Not even 7 months to that number. Nice job and keep up the good work.

If it will make a difference, I'll join twice.

Just got back from an exercise where, on the board in the mayors tent right alongside the MOPP and FPCON level, they had posted a reflectivecon level, I shit you not. I almost fell over when I saw that, thought my command didn't generally adhere to that kind of gayness. Pretty sad really.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from an exercise where, on the board in the mayors tent right alongside the MOPP and FPCON level, they had posted a reflectivecon level, I shit you not. I almost fell over when I saw that, thought my command didn't generally adhere to that kind of gayness. Pretty sad really.

I could never keep it straight whether the DEFCON 1 was really good or really bad...then THREATCON came along and I think it was reversed...1 is good (I think)....I suggest a new one....."STUPIDCON" only use ALFA thru FOX..like grades easy to remember A is good at being stupid....F is bad at being stupid, which I guess would be good except..Oh, forget it...

Anyway, feel free to use this idea and note it on an OER if you need the gong.

"Attention on deck..STUPIDCON ALFA..all non-essential dumbos leave the area..essential dumbos sign in with the quartermaster"

I could never keep it straight whether the DEFCON 1 was really good or really bad...then THREATCON came along and I think it was reversed...1 is good (I think)....I suggest a new one....."STUPIDCON" only use ALFA thru FOX..like grades easy to remember A is good at being stupid....F is bad at being stupid, which I guess would be good except..Oh, forget it...

Anyway, feel free to use this idea and note it on an OER if you need the gong.

"Attention on deck..STUPIDCON ALFA..all non-essential dumbos leave the area..essential dumbos sign in with the quartermaster"

I'm pretty sure your response belongs in the WTF thread, because when I read it, I said, "WTF?"

Edited by capt4fans

• 3 weeks later...

So there I was, walking through finance today, rocking the bag, sleeves slightly pushed up (halfway to elbow to be exact)and a MSgt and TSgt both stop what they are doing, and simultaneously yell down the hallway "Sir! Roll down your sleeves!"

I tried to get an ID on the uniform AFI enforcers, but was blinded by the glare of fluorescent lights off the reflective belts they were wearing inside on a sunny day.

Double Whammy.

One of my CPs this week somehow found a BLACK reflective belt and was wearing it all over Nellis...

Brilliant. Must find them online somewhere...

Chuck

Please. Someone find these and post a link.