Blues on Monday

okienav

Can we not turn this into a picture thread? I think that posting mug shots taken whilst wearing said blues should be mandatory.

Not so fast Steve...As a civ you are somewhat immune so if you want our picture posted in blues I think we need one of you in full Queen's Guard regalia.

sentry_buckingham_palace.jpg

I saw a lot of people in blues on Monday.. including the lab techs (I had to have a few viles of my blood taken) Now, I understand why you flyboys think you shouldn't have to wear blues; but same goes for lab techs! I think I was told that the only people not in blues were the Logistics..

The policy will not apply to all airmen. For some career fields — presumably in messy jobs such as maintenance and for personnel who often work outdoors, such as security forces — wearing blues won’t make sense. Pilots will wear dress blues on Mondays when they are not flying.

Why are the skycops exempt? Police officers wear the equivilent of blues as their duty uniform, why not the skycops?

Why are the skycops exempt? Police officers wear the equivilent of blues as their duty uniform, why not the skycops?

Beats me, back in the good ol days of being a LE troop, we wore blues every day unless it was a weekend or holiday. The security guys always wore BDus though.

The shift in uniforms came along woth the merger of the career field...it was explained to me once...can't say I care anymore!

Everything is on hold at STRAT until next week.

I guess the other services didn't take kindly to being told what to do by the pinger AF service chief.

Chilton's Air Force, so you know he's gonna line up with his Service boss. Memo came out on 10 Sep, making it mandatory starting next Monday (15 Sep)...

I'd post it here, but I've only got a .pdf version of it so if anyone knows how to insert that into a post please let me know.

Still, everyone here was in blues/Class Bs/etc on Monday, 8 Sep; and pretty pissed off about it! Most guys haven't worn blues in years!

Cheers! M2

While these sorts of Mods are in the works, there needs to be a place on the belt to clip your ever important, life saving, cant-live-without-it, Airmans Manual.

Better yet, make The Manual a tyvek fold out integrated into the belt itself...printed in powerpoint 4 to a side of course.

I feel the need to kill myself now.

FF

SQ/CC here vouches for all flyers; since we can at any point be asked to fill the schedule to go hack the mission (what a concept...) it's bag wear here all the way. Guard/Reserve biotches woot woot! F$ck, I love my union job.

AFR...stickin' to the (career)Man since '48. :flag_waving:

Just wait until a few sims and an ops line cnx because no one had a flightsuit handy...

-Flip

Just got the wing memo:

Good news, here we will not be wearing blues on Mondays!!

Bad news, we will be wearing Service Dress instead. MotherFvcker

Oh man, I knew it was coming soon. I just hope this sort of thing does not spread. :rainbow:

Edited by discus

Just got the wing memo:

Good news, here we will not be wearing blues on Mondays!!

Bad news, we will be wearing Service Dress instead. MotherFvcker

Who spawned that idea?

I gotta say, the service digs idea sounds dumb. That said, I'm obviously wearing blues on Mondays here at SOS, and frankly it's a non issue. I bought a new set in preparation and they're not really uncomfortable, I just wish the uniform store had leather shoes in my size. These plastic things aren't very comfortable.

Wasn't on the schedule today, so I decided to be a team player and wear mine. Funny thing though: I hadn't worn my Corfams in years,... and I guess after a long time, the leather and glue deteriorate. After about 2 hours at work, they began to disintegrate,.... badly. Pretty funny, actually. But I'll be buying a new pair in the morning. The old ones are already in the trash.

Well I was one of the suck it up and drive on guys so I guess this is my just desert. I find wearing blues annoying but ultimately not too much to ask (even if I'm lost on why I'm being asked/told). But service dress....ugh, guess I'm rewarded. This'll be fun. I think I'm going to wear my basic training ribbon. And that's it.

Well I was one of the suck it up and drive on guys so I guess this is my just desert. I find wearing blues annoying but ultimately not too much to ask (even if I'm lost on why I'm being asked/told). But service dress....ugh, guess I'm rewarded. This'll be fun. I think I'm going to wear my basic training ribbon. And that's it.

That option is not available anymore- you have to wear all your ribbons with service dress. But you can still get a bus driver hat.

For something that is supposed to be 'uniform', this past Monday was anything but. Here's some of the combo's I saw:

1) Enlisted guy in full Service Dress with Wheel Cap.

2) Short Sleeve shirt, no tie (crew neck t-shirts x 2)

3) Short Sleeve with tie

4) Long Sleeve with tie (obviously)

5) Cardigan Sweater, un-buttoned, collar outside sweater

and my personal favorite: 6) a Major (short sleeve shirt no tie) NO FUNCTIONAL BADGE. It was either data masked, or he is a big idiot....I'm taking the latter.

Cap-10 :banghead:

That option is not available anymore- you have to wear all your ribbons with service dress. But you can still get a bus driver hat.

I didn't say it was legal, just that I was going to do it.

I saw an O5 walking around with 4 ribbons. At first I thought he must be a JAG or something, then saw he had wings. Never got the chance to ask him, but thought it looked good actually. Not like a south american dictator, for example.

Until this fine thread, I actually didn't even know there was still a bus driver option out there. For some reason I thought that was a CSAF only option, if I even thought about it.

and my personal favorite: 6) a Major (short sleeve shirt no tie) NO FUNCTIONAL BADGE. It was either data masked, or he is a big idiot....I'm taking the latter.

Cap-10 :banghead:

Allow myself to quote myself......

Now that we finally got CC guidance on wearing blues on mondays, I got around to skimming 36-2903. With regards to short sleeve shirts:

"Air Force members are highly encouraged to wear their current occupational badge. Aeronautical and chaplain badges are mandatory, others are optional."

Now onto a serious question...the same paragraph says "Wear only midsize or regular badges, do not mix sizes." (Says the same in the mess dress paragraph)

As I read that, 'midsize and regular' who imply that there is a small/minature size, which is what I think most people refer to as the small wings that people normally wear on their mess dress. If those are the 'midsize', then how f@cking small are the real mini wings?

I can only find two sets of wings at AAFES, gigantor and mini, no mid-size anywhere.

Guess I'm going to wear large wings on service dress / blue shirt / mess dress until someone can show me a 'midsize' pair of wings.

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

Hoser...seriously.

VFR direct...to the pub.

goodness..."...I got around to skimming 36-2903." Seriously.

Chicken Little! Chicken Little! Hoser had a labotomy!!!

I, for one, could not give two chits about this blues thing anymore. Even considering I had to drive back home to go put the damn thing on after I had already started walking inside this past Monday. That was a royal kick in the crotch.

BENDY