Tops in Blue (TIB) - WTF?

Steve Davies

Do they have a 3-3? Or do they just just the AFTTP 3-3.Shoe?

Creative writers out there can have a good ol time drafting one up.

Out

More importantly do they have a 3-1?

Hold on before you throw all bands under the bus.

Many of you rip our willingness to abandon heritage, yet you wholesale throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Please be a little more "surgical" if you ever become a flag officer, and have the power to influence.

Case in point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Drum_and_Bugle_Corps

http://drumcorps.mbw.usmc.mil/

These guys still train a basic infantrymen.

A Marine friend was telling me about a change of commands in the USMC. Big production, with lots of good tradition, including the band and marching.

He mentioned a commander that didn't get the band. Everyone was saying "what did he do to screw up and get the band turned off?" It turns out there was a pressing need for the band members to deploy as riflemen, and for a period, that overrode the need for the band.

Seems that they have a good perspective.

• Upvote 1

Hold on before you throw all bands under the bus.

Many of you rip our willingness to abandon heritage, yet you wholesale throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Please be a little more "surgical" if you ever become a flag officer, and have the power to influence.

Case in point:

http://en.wikipedia....and_Bugle_Corps

http://drumcorps.mbw.usmc.mil/

These guys still train a basic infantrymen.

A Marine friend was telling me about a change of commands in the USMC. Big production, with lots of good tradition, including the band and marching.

He mentioned a commander that didn't get the band. Everyone was saying "what did he do to screw up and get the band turned off?" It turns out there was a pressing need for the band members to deploy as riflemen, and for a period, that overrode the need for the band.

Seems that they have a good perspective.

I seem to remember reading somewhere there are over 200 different "bands" in the armed forces, costing DoD roughly $550 million per year. The Army (AD, NG, and Res) alone has over 100. I can see keeping each of the service's bigger bands, but 200 is ridiculous. There is a pride/heritage/tradition with some of them, and I can appreciate that. But I think 200 and $550 million a year is overkill. If you're going to cut things like Thunderbirds, airshows, flybys, etc...then cuts need to be made across the board to include "bands".

TIB 3-1 is a great read. Starts with BFM, Basic Fabulous Manuevers, for individuals. Stuff like jazz hands. The moves to more advanced concepts like ACM, Assembled Cast Manuevering, which covers singing and dancing as a group.

• Upvote 7

TIB 3-1 is a great read. Starts with BFM, Basic Fabulous Manuevers, for individuals. Stuff like jazz hands. The moves to more advanced concepts like ACM, Assembled Cast Manuevering, which covers singing and dancing as a group.

Can my local weapons officer access this?

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=nN0L6SSfAwc

OMG somebody please embed this for me. Typing from phone. You will laugh your ass off!!

Left a comment for her...doubt it'll last:

I think I just had a brain aneurysm.

You do realize that the United States Air Force is a COMBAT AIR FORCE, right?

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. With Jazz Hands.

YGBSM!

I'm nearly speechless. Honestly. It frightens me that people like this are actually in my service. FML.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nN0L6SSfAwc

OMG somebody please embed this for me. Typing from phone. You will laugh your ass off!!

What. The. Piss. Did I just see? I swear to jeebus, if you replaced all the TIB references with the JV Cheerleading team or a Glee fan club for Tweens, that video would have had the exact same timbre.

I don't even want to know how much poop you had to wade through to find that little corn nugget, but my god have mercy on your soul.

Edit: spelling

Edited by 10percenttruth

Sitting at the fire, perusing BODN on the phone, decided to plug in TIB into the YouTube app, that gem popped up on first page. I laughed so hard that I spit my Scotch. Foul for wasting fine booze, but it made a nice flare-up in my fire pit. So bonus points for making my 3 year old laugh at Daddy's big fire.

Edit to add: Bergman gets double bonus points for his comment on her page.

Edited by Marco

I actually learned that apparently "you need talent for TIB. Attitude isn't everything."

All in all, I like Jenna Marbles better.

Sitting at the fire, perusing BODN on the phone, decided to plug in TIB into the YouTube app, that gem popped up on first page. I laughed so hard that I spit my Scotch. Foul for wasting fine booze, but it made a nice flare-up in my fire pit. So bonus points for making my 3 year old laugh at Daddy's big fire.

Edit to add: Bergman gets double bonus points for his comment on her page.

I knew I recognized that chick

You guys deserve the Distinguished Warfare Medal for being able to watch that whole thing. You know those people who compulsively post way too much superfluous BS on Facebook that's just so amazingly insignificant it infuriates you that you spent 0.69 seconds reading it? Well, that's just a much longer video version of that. For everyone who hasn't seen it, I'll summarize:

Inherently annoying girl with 80s hairstyle that pre-dates her birth whines/rambles about not making the government version of the high school band and dog-sitting on a Saturday night. It is apparent the dog also hates her and fakes sleeping to be left alone. She also seems completely oblivious that her company's primary job is killing and undoubtedly annoys said war fighters by screwing up their travel vouchers and PCS orders.

That's all I could stand, so if something really entertaining happened after that, then I missed it.

• Upvote 3

You guys deserve the Distinguished Warfare Medal for being able to watch that whole thing. You know those people who compulsively post way too much superfluous BS on Facebook that's just so amazingly insignificant it infuriates you that you spent 0.69 seconds reading it? Well, that's just a much longer video version of that. For everyone who hasn't seen it, I'll summarize:

Inherently annoying girl with 80s hairstyle that pre-dates her birth whines/rambles about not making the government version of the high school band and dog-sitting on a Saturday night. It is apparent the dog also hates her and fakes sleeping to be left alone. She also seems completely oblivious that her company's primary job is killing and undoubtedly annoys said war fighters by screwing up their travel vouchers and PCS orders.

That's all I could stand, so if something really entertaining happened after that, then I missed it.

Quick, someone get her number for nsplyr.

• Upvote 1

"4 hours ago

mollyclune

Usually when people are talking about entertainment groups and they say "talent", they mean the people who sing and dance and play. And do you know how few people in the AF actually work on aircraft? There are so many jobs that are completely grounded but equally as important! Also...Just a little FYI for you...the Air Force's mission is to fly, fight, and win in air, space, and cyberspace."

OH SNAP! She done told you, son!

Hmm, quick search of the global reveals an A1C assigned to a CE sqd. She probably knows about .69% of the shit required to do her job at this point but wants to run off and play Broadway wannabe. Go figure.

First off : TIB Sucks. I hate them with the fire of 1,000 suns.

Second: Suggest we lay off (On her YouTube page at least). She's an early 20's enlisted kid who probably joined to "See the world" and TIB offers that. She hasn't gotten a "chance" to deploy yet, and seeing all those places they spend our tax dollars on to get to sounds pretty exciting to some kid fresh off the farm. Can't exactly blame her for that.

The stupid YouTube video, on the other hand is a different story.

Standing by for spears.

• Upvote 3