Tops in Blue (TIB) - WTF?

Steve Davies

Shit, it's bad enough that for the first time in Super Bowl history there will be no cheerleaders.

The only good part...they perform before the kickoff.

"Super Bowl XLV will be televised on FOX Feb. 6, with kickoff scheduled for 6:25 p.m. ET. Tops In Blue will perform shortly after 6 p.m."

I think I'll tune in at 6:24.

Sad to say that the TIB has existed since 1953. I think it is therefore part of our heritage. Why do we always have to keep the parts that are stupid?

Bullsh*t, part of AF Heritage since 1947. Thank god it's part of the pre-game that hopefully people will miss rather than part of the half-time show...what a waste.

Ahem... 1953 f stick

"Tops In Blue began in 1953 as a vision created by Col. Alvin E. Reilly to recognize the high caliber of entertainment available in the Air Force community. Over the span of 40 years, Tops In Blue has performed in films, produced albums and has been featured on national television with such legends as Ed Sullivan, Bob Hope, Lucille Ball, Barbara Mandrell and Alabama. In 1981, the cast performed the half-time show for the Garden State Bowl in New Jersey. With an estimated 110 million people watching worldwide, the cast presented the half-time entertainment show "The World of Children's Dreams" for Super Bowl XIX, Jan. 20, 1985."

Might I add that the last time they performed at a Super Bowl it was during half time....

http://www.af.mil/information/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=178

Goddamn it...TIB performing with a "star" from the show Glee. :vomit:

At least they just stood there and sang and didn't make too big of fools out of themselves. Props to the Air Force MSgt who played the snare drum for the color guard...that's some military tradition I can get behind.

Haha and they forgot to turn on Fergie's mic for about the first 15 seconds including a little bit of her solo.

What a shit show.

And in that 15 seconds she sounded better than she did for the next 11:45.

"Dear Kim, Your rack is unreal."

Sweet, TIB is making their mandatory stop here in the coming weeks. We were briefed on quiet hours for the TIB show at the pre-scheduling meeting this week. It's like an hour after everybody gets done flying. Don't worry assholes, we won't interrupt your mission with our annoying extraneous training and frivolous local flying. NOTAM: IF YOUR IN THE NORCAL AREA DO NOT USE KBAB AS A DIVERT OR EMER AFLD - AFLD OPEN BUT TOTALLY GAYED UP.

Coming soon to the Little Rock Fitness center.......TIB......thank God I can find a way around not being there that day.

I am trying to figure out how I am going to be able to keep my dinner down this Friday while they sing during meal time at the Air Force Ball.

Oh and BTW I am not attending under my own free will.

Holy crap, what a waste. We're trying to trim the budget and save money, right? This is a perfect opportunity. Keep the ceremonial stuff (e.g. honor guard, formal band, etc), shitcan the rest.