Gun Talk

VL-16

21 hours ago, brabus said:

And they’ll get around to that right after they’re done with all that asset forfeiture (aka stealing from innocent Americans) they’re taking care of right now.

The most un-American thing ever that somehow is still legal.  Every judge that has approved this happening and every agent that has actively sought this should all be tried for felony theft.  There is no excuse for this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/9/2023 at 1:07 PM, HeloDude said:

Progressives being progressives…

They care more about keeping parents from knowing if their young children don’t know what pronouns to use vs allowing Americans to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/09/09/new-mexico-gov-michelle-lujan-grishami-ssues-order-suspending-concealed-carry-self-defense/

At least some members of the government still have a spine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/democrat-governor-gets-bad-news/ar-AA1gzotR

• Like 2

She should immediately be removed from office and punishment TBD for flagrantly violating her oath. So sick of people like her having zero accountability and doing whatever the fuck they want without reprisal. You know she really fucked it away with Hogg is against her!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is this? It seems unprecedented.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/us-halts-exports-of-most-civilian-firearms-for-90-days/ar-AA1iYGFf?ocid=socialshare&pc=U531&cvid=520d82b7ac8242239a356151bd2bff40&ei=11

This pause applies to the Bureau of Industry and Security’s (BIS) issuance of new licenses involving certain firearms, related components, and ammunition controlled on the Commerce Control List, Supp. No. 1 to part 774 of the Export Administration Regulations, 15 CFR parts 730-774 (EAR), specifically, the following four Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs): ECCN 0A501, ECCN 0A502, ECCN 0A504, and ECCN 0A505, that are destined for non-governmental end users worldwide apart from those located in Ukraine, Israel, or a country in Country Group A:1 (Wassenaar Arrangement Participating States), Supp. No. 1 to part 740 of the EAR.

Consistent with the above, the Department’s International Trade Administration (ITA), Global Markets and U.S. & Foreign Commercial Service is pausing acceptance of new requests for export assistance (fee or non-fee-based) for firearms and ammunition to non-governmental end users worldwide, apart from those located in Ukraine, Israel, and Country Group A:1. The ITA pause applies to semi-automatic and non-automatic firearms, firearm optics, shotguns, and receivers (frames) and ammunition.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my Texas LTC application waiting for the license and I've been completely blown away by the Sig P365X. I put a Holosun on it and ended up swapping it for the Holosun with the ACSS reticle (it's a single dot with a dashed 232 MOA circle that helps massively with initial target acquisition. 

I can see why it totally took over the market; it's a really, really nice pistol. 

• Like 2

So apparently the pistol brace rule has been tossed.  It seems the common opinion is that if it was registered, the form 1 is still valid.  Attached is a link if you second guessed your decision to get the form 1.

https://thereload.com/federal-judge-blocks-nationwide-enforcement-of-pistol-brace-ban/

https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/blogs/nfa-gun-trust-atf-information-database-blog/removing-an-sbr-sbs-from-the-nfrtr-and-then-reregistering-the-sbr-sbs-process

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, brabus said:

@M2 Please tell me you’re still waiting on that Form 1!

It's complicated...😎 

The ATF finally reviewed it about a month ago (around 160+ days) and said the serial number was incomplete.

They also claimed I put the wrong model number down (I didn't).

They also didn't like my reason for creating a SBR (to be fair, I was a bit of a smartass about it!).

Any legal response should be accepted as there is no requirement codified in law as to the allowable reasons to build a SBR.

Plus, the ATF really doesn't have a "say" in the matter. Unless the reason is an "illegal" one, it should be approved.

It's just the ATF dragging their feet on approving applications...

To be honest, I was tempted to put "to finally make this thing legal!"   

A guy on a local gun forum claims his son got a Form 1 approved which had “zombies” as the reason!

I did mail a revised hardcopy form to Portland (before the latest injunction) and it arrived on 1 Nov, but I am not sure if I am going to continue with the process even if it is approved.

• Haha 1

Can someone translate the above ruling into plain English? 

I want to buy a rifle with shorter than 16" barrel and put a collapsible stock (pistol brace) on it.  I've been putting that off because I didn't want to go through the registration BS.  Can I do that now with no extra paperwork?

I believe you can as the injunction nullifies the ATF ruling.  Of course you never know when said injunction may be overturned. In practicality though, even if that happened it wouldn’t immediately affect you - you’d just have to not take that ”now illegal” firearm into public to avoid potential LEO interaction (e.g. a repeat of what already happened pre-injunction).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, FourFans said:

I want to buy a rifle with shorter than 16" barrel and put a collapsible stock (pistol brace) on it. 

To be clear, you'd be buying a pistol. A rifle cannot be made into a pistol. A pistol can be made into a rifle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nunya said:

To be clear, you'd be buying a pistol. A rifle cannot be made into a pistol. A pistol can be made into a rifle.

Or he could want to buy a SBR, which is a rifle with shorter than 16" barrel and will require an ATF Form 4...

The brace does not turn a rifle into a pistol.  That term is used when it is added to one.

But I get your point!

2 hours ago, nunya said:

Copy.  I'll be buying a pistol that will turn into a rifle for tyranny at close to medium ranges.  Right now my pipedream is the Sig MCX Rattle Canebrake, which would require a proper stock, which is now apparently a pistol brace.  The suppressor is a whole other story...but I'm patient.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 8:16 AM, FourFans said:

Copy.  I'll be buying a pistol that will turn into a rifle for tyranny at close to medium ranges.  Right now my pipedream is the Sig MCX Rattle Canebrake, which would require a proper stock, which is now apparently a pistol brace.  The suppressor is a whole other story...but I'm patient.

You could do either, while the injunction is in place.  Might get screwed if the case doesn't go our way, although I'm cautiously optimistic (both on APA and 2A grounds).

That said, as a stock, a real stock is better.  If you don't plan on moving/traveling with it, I'd go SBR.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone recommend a good folding stock AR-15 upper for those of us that have fresh form-1s?

Plenty of people making MPX adapters to a standard lower config.

I don’t know anybody with an MPX or similar setup that is upset about the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased a Beretta M9.  For nostalgia.   

I never thought I'd like to see one of those again.

CA is making me wait two weeks for a M9. There's another purchase I made for xmas..(Ruger 9mm Carbine) they can't give that one until two weeks after the M9 or something like that.  

I liked the Deep South because you can buy shotguns at Wal-Mart.   Or an M9 at McDonald's. 

And the GD BBQ

I like CA because in approximately 1.5 months that Ruger will cost twice as much due to taxes.  It's almost as hard purchasing ammo.  

But I can buy shrooms at the tobacco store. Fucking nuts.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought
  • Like 1