Gun Talk

VL-16

33 minutes ago, brabus said:

As expected, free form 1 approved and no FBI raids on my house. 

So you didn't wait like most are advising?

How long did your Form 1 take to be approved?  I presume you e-filed...

It’s literally a free SBR, no logical reason to wait on that! So yeah, I did it right away via e forms and it took about 1.5 months. Just wanted everyone who’s afraid of the illogical ATF boogeyman theory to know it is in fact, not an issue.

21 hours ago, brabus said:

It’s literally a free SBR, no logical reason to wait on that! So yeah, I did it right away via e forms and it took about 1.5 months. Just wanted everyone who’s afraid of the illogical ATF boogeyman theory to know it is in fact, not an issue.

Yet... 😉

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 11:00 AM, brabus said:

If that's all the ATF wanted, then why aren't they letting people register them under trusts for free?!?

• Upvote 1

Because the ATF is trying to indirectly kill trusts altogether. I bought my last suppressor as an individual, not dealing with the trust bullshit anymore. If I die or go to jail, a couple NFA items won’t go immediately to my wife. Meh, I just don’t care about that, and neither does my wife. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Guardian said:

Best conceal carry gun for concealment,size, capacity, caliber and sure….throw in cool factor. Go.

A lot of personal pref, so shoot various ones if possible. Big Glock fan, I think the 43X MOS with choose-your-optic is a solid conceal carry option and my pref (I’ve shot every other like-model competitor out there). Several good options out there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Ok.  Can we admit that this is an exchanging of fire between two nitwits?  Gaetz is an inept political tactician that leans on emotional support that he doesn't really have and a wit that doesn't exist.  No doubt that Dettelbach is also completely inept.  Gaetz had a non-maneuvering target, 2x AIM-9X, and STILL trashed the shots.

Edited by FourFans
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Guardian said:

Best conceal carry gun for concealment,size, capacity, caliber and sure….throw in cool factor. Go.

Everything is a tradeoff, so depends on what you're willing to trade.  Need it to stay relatively hidden wearing work out shorts?  LCP Max.  Live in the mountains and you wear a winter coat 8 months a year?  I'd imagine a shoulder holster with the biggest gun you like to shoot would be fairly comfortable.

Personally I like the LCP Max when I'm making a low threat trip to the store.  Easy to throw in a pocket, put a truck key in there and it disappears.  You can no kidding have it in the pocket of a workout shorts as long as you don't wear jarhead shorts.  For a higher threat or normal clothes, the XDS 9mm is great.  Paired with a crossbreed holster IWB it is comfortable enough that I'm not going to skip taking it, which is really the most important factor.  A full auto cannon in the safe at home is useless when you're somewhere else.

7 hours ago, brabus said:

A lot of personal pref, so shoot various ones if possible. Big Glock fan, I think the 43X MOS with choose-your-optic is a solid conceal carry option and my pref (I’ve shot every other like-model competitor out there). Several good options out there. 

G43 on the blue label program is hard to beat...simple, reliable, no safeties to mess with. but as mentioned above, it depends on your application.

16 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Famous answer:  It depends lol

An actual answer:  M&P Shield in 9mm is a great option.  Plenty of others.

Two!  Highly suggest you fit test your hand and carry options before buying.  My local indoor range allows you try test shoot a range of options as long as you buy the ammo from them.  I have the Shield, the Glock 43 and the Hellcat.  I carry the Hellcat mainly because I have large hands and find it fits me better. 

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

I carry the Hellcat mainly because I have large hands and find it fits me better. 

This is the key, and why one should try their best to at least hold prospective guns (shoot is better). Everyone’s hands, grip, etc. are different - many times a pref for one gun over another has nothing to do with quality/capability, but shooter comfort and feel. 

13 hours ago, brabus said:

Yep. Glocks are simple, reliable, and work well. They’re not the sexiest pistols, but I care about functionality and simplicity on guns I count on for survival. 

Yup.  I just got a G48 and I'm a fan so far.  The only thing I like about the SIG 365 is how the semi-double stack makes it fit in my hand a little better.

I have a few holsters from Crossbreed and really like them. My go to IWB has seen near daily use for 7 years and it probably will last another 20…it’s great. 

Big fan of RDS. I only recently got into them on pistols, and have quickly realized they do make a noticeable difference compared to traditional sights. Several good options out there that are geared towards conceal carry.