Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Baseops Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Same story, my mom never taught me Spanish. Well, except she didn't come through Ellis Island like your old ass 😂🤣
  3. HeloDude replied to VL-16's topic in Squadron Bar
    Sadly this doesn’t surprise me…
  4. I think we have a better solution than a gravel-kitted Max7, the Embraer C-390. It pretty much checks all the boxes other than not being American made and can't carry as many pax as the 737. Of course, one of the large manufactures here in the good 'ol USA could re-partner with Embraer to give it another go. Let's just forget about the failed L3Harris KC-390 plan for the moment. Lockmart most likely wouldn't touch it in order to protect future C-130J orders and whatever they're planning as a replacement. I was fortunate to fly on the KC-390 as an observer during one of our exercises here in the States right before I retired, it's a pretty capable and modern jet.
  5. Today

  6. My mother immigrated from Germany after marrying my father, and she deliberately didn't teach us (her kids) German because she felt we were Americans and needed to speak English. I did learn the language after growing up and being stationed there, but it would have helped to have done so at a much earlier age. Still, I appreciate the fact that during her time (the 1950s), may immigrants felt the importance of integrating into American society. Much like the military, you join it, it doesn't join you! By the way, I was also born in Germany and still had to meet with an immigration judge when I first came to this country in 1966. I was only three at the time, but my mother said I had to speak with him and court officials without her present. I have no memory of this (I was 3), but it shows what a different time it was then!
  7. Saw a talking head today throw out there these may be just criminals (low functioning) hired by Iranians, seems reasonable as they could have used several layers of separation to keep attribution deniable at least publicly Throw some money out there see what happens, gather intel on how well your networks are surveilled / compromised even if it doesn’t happen, maybe…
  8. Yesterday

  9. It's very strange. No 'explosives' in the vehicles. Fuel thieves are a thing but all the OSINT dudes tracking them show very strange movements for your typical fuel thieves and there weren't any tanks in the area they were in. Dry run?
  10. 5 suspects arrested and charged under their explosives act and with terrorism charges...recently released on bail. 😮 BBC NewsRAF Fairford suspects released on bail, head of counter-t...Laurence Taylor says the five men arrested on Sunday are still under investigation as police consider multiple lines of inquiry, including the possible involvement of a foreign state.
  11. I'd be afraid to ask what the WD-40 lube is for.
  12. You don't have to enforce integration. You have to enforce the ability to integrate. That means you do not get to come to this country if you don't speak English. Maybe some asylum exceptions, but nothing beyond that. You cannot integrate if you cannot communicate with the people with which you are supposed to integrate. And before anybody gets all high and mighty, my mother was born in Cuba, so I'm pretty familiar with immigrants who refuse to learn the language. My great-grandmother never integrated because she never took the time. And that was back in the '60s when you couldn't move to a state that has entire communities of ethnically homogenous immigrants forming miniature versions of their home countries. But the real answer is, immigration probably just needs to stop. Give it about 20 to 30 years, everyone will be integrated, and we can start the machine back up again
  13. But confirm it was still a hot chick by all accounts when you went to sleep/passed out? Oh, and it’s still not a dude, so that’s a plus. Stop being so negative guys.
  14. Not an easy question and I wrestled with it growing up in Miami. A large number of Cubans obviously ended up in South Florida and to this day some are my best friends of 40+ years. What always bothered me was their parents never bothered to learn English, that all came to a head (sts), in the late 1990s when my wife was with me visiting my parents. We went to the Mall and when my went to check out the clerk immediately started speaking Spanish. My wife didn't speak Spanish and politely said that to the clerk who was OBVIOUSLY pissed. She had another girl come over to help my wife and they both proceeded to insult my wife under their breath in Spanish not realizing I spoke the language. I let them have it in my rag-tag Cuban Spanglish. I don't know the answer and I don't know that their is a litmus test to determine but its feels like there should be an effort to integrate at least some, into the country that is providing you sanctuary and opportunity. Again, a very tough standard to determine.
  15. https://x.com/cwebbonline/status/2102844736289825078/video/1?s=46
  16. Last week

  17. True, it’d be a total redesign of the engine nacelle and pneumatic supply for the blowers so a lotta non recurring engineering and money so probably not and maybe not necessary, these MAX 7s would be not really be tasked with landing on the good half of a runway that just got cratered from a ballistic missile, but other missions to relive pressure on the systems that can do that. I’d argue for a jet and specifically for a MAX 7 for the range, 3800 NM, that gets you Hickam to Anderson if you needed it.
  18. The Guppy's off road ability (gravel kit) disappeared when they went from JT8D's to the CFM engines with the classic. I can't imagine the LEAPs, which are even lower, will work out.
  19. That would be a COA, double down on the -46 assuming the teething problems are fixed Like you mentioned, the ratio of outsized/vehicular vs palletized/containerized cargo requirements would factor into this plus others (short, unprepared field delivery requirements, air drop, etc) If AMC decided to leverage commercial types for some of its routine, low risk, cargo missions, I’d go with the extremes and leave the -46 to handle the middle. 777 pax/cargo type, no ramp but a lot of people and pallets/ULDs for theater resupply and rotations. 737-7 MAX with gravel kit and Short Field Performance package, NG mods but Boeing could probably adapt to the MAX. This would be you island hopper, medivac, jack of all trades transport.
  20. I think more cargo capable tankers for a dual role to give TACC options and give our tactical airlift fleet a reprieve would be a win. Whether it be more KC-46s or bigger (KC-Z) based 777 or 330 MRTTs airframes to pack in some serious cargo. But, I also don't know how much of our cargo is outsized vs palletized/ULD so that is a giant assumption.
  21. Oklahoma State at #19, we’re back baby!
  22. A couple of upsets and we found out the following: 1. UF is on the rise and has built a solid program. 2. Ole Miss let down after beating LSU. 3. Arch manning is NOT that good. 4. Penn State...ouch. 5. Wake Forrest has a tough team! 6. Louisville is not the threat some thought they were. 7. The SEC bias is a live and well with A&M getting pummeled and Ole Miss being manhandled. 8. Texas should not be #1...I think UGA is the strongest team right now.
  23. Oh yes, I agree a regular cargo jet(s) from the commercial world is probably 50% of the solution for AMC. With the growth of long range mass fires though (TBMs, drones, cheap cruise missiles, etc…) I see the utility in having short, rough field or road based capabilities (need high floatation, good tire/truck weight distribution, high wing). Our bases in CENTCOM have absorbed a lot of shots so far in the war with Iran, with China the runways in Japan, Guam, the PIs, Saipan, etc… it’ll be 50x that. OEF and OIF have some lessons for us but a lot of concepts that won’t be repeated likely for a while or ever again, namely long term steady state stabilization and support operations without air or long range fires threats. Even proxy forces now have capabilities only states would have, ala the Houthis, the democratization of technology and low price points now enable this. This is why we need some expeditionary heavy capabilities for Air Mobility, capable of short notice, ad hoc operations from many different airfields, roadways, suitable fields, etc… to give the enemy a harder targeting problem. But not everything in AMC needs to be this, half and half fleet would probably suffice. There have been legit proposals out there for this, https://www.aeroflap.com.br/en/boeing-777-could-become-a-tanker-for-the-us-air-force/ You could probably add enough mil capes for low threat ops and necessary communications/links without breaking the bank to more economically support our OCONUS forces, on demand airlift for NEOs, routine force movements, etc… Those 10 777xs not being accepted by Emirates would be prime candidates for this methinks https://finance.yahoo.com/markets/stocks/articles/emirates-refusing-delivery-first-10-140451290.html
  24. DFRESH replied to DFRESH's topic in AFTO-781
    Gearhog, You're not wrong. I hope to have more time to commit to cleaning up the forum/subforum hierarchy soon.
  25. Or we field a "B" that looks an awful lot like a grey painted 737, 767, or 777 depending on cargo carrying capacity required. Even in OEF C-17s spend/spent the vast majority of their time flying from 10,000 foot runway to 10,000 foot runway. Leave the "exquisite" capabilities of the C-17/C-130 to get things the "last mile" or into areas that are contested.
  26. M2 replied to O Face's topic in Squadron Bar
    Also... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  27. M2 replied to O Face's topic in Squadron Bar
    It's great... 🐊🐊🐊🐊
  28. herkbier replied to DFRESH's topic in AFTO-781
    Personally.. I just bookmark this page and click the titles to take me to the first unread post. It works ok on my iPhone. https://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/discover/unread/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.