Guess it was bound to happen - 93BS "Indian" logo offends some dude..

theat6bisasham

http://www.airforcetimes.com/prime/2012/09/PRIMEairforce-airman-complaint-indian-logos-welsh-roy-090712/

I love the way the article is written..took a new job and "noticed" american indian depictions....like you missed it before?

And funny how AF times has TWO B-52 articles..one where they get more money and one where they get their b@lls cut off at the root...

Been a lot of that going around lately. Some CAP cadet on a static display tour got

offended by the nose art on "Immortal Soul" (basically a skull with a chief's feather head dress) and because the little punk got all butt hurt, they ripped that nose art right off the jet...wtf? We care that some CAP fatkins got offended?

Been a lot of that going around lately. Some CAP cadet on a static display tour got

offended by the nose art on "Immortal Soul" (basically a skull with a chief's feather head dress) and because the little punk got all butt hurt, they ripped that nose art right off the jet...wtf? We care that some CAP fatkins got offended?

Fuck that. I'm part Norwegian and part Indian (feather, not dot). My high school mascot was the Indian and I cheered for the Vikings for a long time (until I found the way of the Packers). If you can't stand to see your heritage portrayed as a powerful mascot, you are either way too sensitive or unaware of what the point of a mascot is.

As the "Indians" in high school, we played a team from an actual Indian reservation. They took offense to that and we were not allowed to bring our mascot costume to the game or do many of our cheers like the Tomahawk Chop, etc... What was their mascot? The Trojans.

Edited by sky_king

Its these kinds of kids that give CAP a bad name. He shouldve just dealt with it and kept it to himself instead of whining and bringing everybody down. Its not really important enough to make a big deal over and its not like they were deliberately trying to offend said cadet with that nose art.

If your aircraft puts warheads on foreheads and helps protect this country shouldnt you be allowed to paint whatever the hell you want on the side?

Tech. Sergeant Sick of Air Force's Indian Logos: After 17 years in the Air Force, Tech. Sgt. Larry Miller (Eastern Cherokee) was appalled when he was transferred to Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, and noticed the logos depicting Indians, he says. Among the ones that upset him most was the 93rd Bomb Squadron’s unit patch, which depicts the severed head of an American Indian, a poster showing an Indian skull wearing a headdress with the words “Immortal Soul," and the word “Indian” used as a call sign over the radio. Miller filed an equal opportunity complaint. But the Air Force concluded that the depictions and call sign were not racist and labeled the complaint "totally unsubstantiated." As so often is the case, the response stated that the use of Indian images was not disrespectful but meant to honor Indians. Miller plans to stay on the case until the Air Force gets rid of all mascots, logos and other depictions of Indians, especially, he says, the ones that include a headdress. “Once somebody says, ‘totally unsubstantiated,’ that’s basically what we’ve dealt with for hundreds of years,” he said. “Now it’s basically the few against the many.”

—Meteor Blades

What a bunch of horsesh*t. Pretty soon we won't even have squadron patches anymore, everyone will wear the flag on one arm and the Air Force symbol on the other. But someone will probably get offended by that too, since not everyone in the military is an American citizen. what a load of bs.

Just not on May 5th...we'll offend the illegals...

http://news.yahoo.com/federal-judge-school-censor-student-display-american-flag-160239621.html

Really?? Who would want to work with this douchebag?

Edited by HeloDude

What a bunch of horsesh*t. Pretty soon we won't even have squadron patches anymore, everyone will wear the flag on one arm and the Air Force symbol on the other. But someone will probably get offended by that too, since not everyone in the military is an American citizen. what a load of bs.

That would offend me greatly.

• Upvote 1

Tech. Sergeant Sick of Air Force's Indian Logos: After 17 years in the Air Force, Tech. Sgt. Larry Miller (Eastern Cherokee) was appalled when he was transferred to Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, and noticed the logos depicting Indians, he says. Among the ones that upset him most was the 93rd Bomb Squadron’s unit patch, which depicts the severed head of an American Indian, a poster showing an Indian skull wearing a headdress with the words “Immortal Soul," and the word “Indian” used as a call sign over the radio. Miller filed an equal opportunity complaint. But the Air Force concluded that the depictions and call sign were not racist and labeled the complaint "totally unsubstantiated." As so often is the case, the response stated that the use of Indian images was not disrespectful but meant to honor Indians. Miller plans to stay on the case until the Air Force gets rid of all mascots, logos and other depictions of Indians, especially, he says, the ones that include a headdress. “Once somebody says, ‘totally unsubstantiated,’ that’s basically what we’ve dealt with for hundreds of years,” he said. “Now it’s basically the few against the many.”

—Meteor Blades

I'm offended, that you're offended by this patch!

Holy fuck, how are some many people out there offended by bullshit!?!? I can't even remember the last time I saw something or heard something that even remotely offensive to me!

41589_160809730621201_743436_n.jpg

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 1

//derail//

Out-fucking-standing. Go Pack!

//derail complete//

The LGBT mafia is going to become offended by your team name.

No way that happened.

I am embarrassed. Seriously. If I were in a unit with NA logo, I would be proud. I'm sure his issues go alot further than being butt-hurt over a logo on a jet or squadron building. Probably will move on to something else after he trys to ruin his units heritage.

Proud of my heritage.

Athabaskan, > Alaska interior.

—Meteor Blades

So one wonders when he will get around to the Chiefs, the Mohawks, and the Thunderbirds (the loops-to-music AND the kill-people-and-break-shit kind).

This shit aggravates the hell out of me. As a proud member of the Choctaw tribe, references to Indians as brave and fearless always filled me with pride. When I went through Vance, I was excited to train with the 8 Ballers. The Indian scout on their patch, showed their heritage as brave scouts (reconnaissance) in WWII. It is sad enough that our culture and people are almost all gone, but it isn't because of mascots or logos. Greeks don't complain when Spartans are used as mascots. It is a mark of pride. No one picks the fighting frenchmen to be represent their unit.

• Upvote 6