P-8 Poseidon slides off Runway

HeyEng

On 11/21/2023 at 12:07 PM, brabus said:

I always said I’d fly anything, but it only takes a couple JS rides to know I will avoid that Boeing shit like the plague!

Overheard in ops from someone who’s flown both:

Guppy is the better airplane, Fifi is the better office

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 11/30/2023 at 10:12 AM, BFM this said:

I've flown both, well the 330, not the 320.  Bus all day, every day.  I'd even take the bus over the 757, which I've also flown (I've been through way too many initials).  The only way I'd even consider going back to the 737, is if my seniority is just so much better that it would allow me to fly high time day turns all the time.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

"Nov 20th, Army vs Navy Football game, Army Wins! I'm not superstitious or anything, (YES I AM) buuut, The Navy / P-8A "POSEIDON" overshot the runway and splashed into Hawaii’s Kaneohe Bay on Nov. 20. Enjoy this video of getting this bird back on dry land....Not sure if Poseidon is okay with that though."

Credit: 
Special Warfare Airmen Facebook page

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 10:12 AM, BFM this said:

Disclaimer: I've only flown the C-40, not an airline 737, but I'm now flying the 320.

The Guppy's FMS, overall flows, VNAV, climb rate and stopping distance are way better than the bus, IMO. 2 cup holders, hooray! Jump seat is meh...deer stand is torture.

The Bus is slightly quieter at cruise but takes for ever to get there. Not monitoring the engine start is neat. The autoflap retract on a heavy climb out is weird since you basically have to overspeed it then trust the automation to prevent an actual overspeed. The lack of an auto let down ability at TOD is annoying. But it's super easy to "fly" and I do enjoy the tray table. Jump seats way better.

Overall, I'll fly which ever one results in a better schedule. Oddly, at my domicile the bus is more junior than the guppy on the FO side so that's why I picked it.

• Upvote 1