College Football

O Face

27 minutes ago, kaputt said:

Can’t wait to see who A&M over pays for next just to go 8-4 every year. 

They owe Jimbo $76M which they will likely negotiate down a bit but still a nice payoff to be an asshole, hell I do it for free everyday on this forum.  I am all about loyalty, in sport and in life and watching Jimbo and Kelly do two programs dirty was sickening...even though I can't stand either program.  Football coaches shaped my life and helped my success, I know everyone wants to get paid but at what cost to everyone else.  Jimbo will be paid out by private donors so it won't hurt the school except for recruiting and another 5 years of mediocrity while they try to rebuild and suffer as you noted above.

• 2 weeks later...

Not since 1998 have this many teams remained unbeaten at this point in the season. 

Winner of this weekend's OSU/UM game is clearly in. I don't think the loser has a chance. 

Winner of Alabama and Georgia in next week's SEC Championship game is in. Georgia, if it loses close, can still get in. 

If Washington wins out they are in. If Oregon beats them, they are probably in. 

I don't know about Texas. Technically they should be in if Alabama beats Georgia due to head-to-head, but Alabama looks to be the better team now. I don't know how that'll be viewed. 

FSU may be out even if they win out due to the CFP committee taking into account Jordan Travis' season ending injury. 

We still have two weeks of football to let things settle out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If FSU loses without Travis, it exposes the frauds they are. With the exception of the first week of that beating of LSU, they've played unranked nobodies. That's hard for the committee when the OSU/UM game loser had a tougher schedule/conference. If FSU barely beats or loses UF this week I believe the committee will rank the loser of the OSU/UM will still rank higher than FSU.

On 11/20/2023 at 11:35 AM, VMFA187 said:

FSU may be out even if they win out due to the CFP committee taking into account Jordan Travis' season ending injury. 

We still have two weeks of football to let things settle out. 

Great points. It appears the committee agrees with you as well. Personally, I’ve never thought Travis was very good. Your boys sure looked better without him last week.
If only there was a way for a bunch of football teams to decide who the best team is?  Well, at least next year we get a 12 team playoff. Why they landed on 12 is beyond me.  They’ll probably open an end of season transfer portal, prior to the playoff, so dudes can transfer onto a playoff qualifying team. You know for fairness or something. 
I did find some great satisfaction watching Caleb Williams cry like a little bitch in his mom’s lap a few weeks ago.  

On 11/20/2023 at 2:35 PM, VMFA187 said:

Big ole Karma punch.  Now if Mike Norvell will just take the job in College Station all will be right in the ironic world.

3 hours ago, O Face said:

Great points. It appears the committee agrees with you as well. Personally, I’ve never thought Travis was very good. Your boys sure looked better without him last week.
If only there was a way for a bunch of football teams to decide who the best team is?  Well, at least next year we get a 12 team playoff. Why they landed on 12 is beyond me.  They’ll probably open an end of season transfer portal, prior to the playoff, so dudes can transfer onto a playoff qualifying team. You know for fairness or something. 
I did find some great satisfaction watching Caleb Williams cry like a little bitch in his mom’s lap a few weeks ago.  

The 24 team playoff works great for FCS.  All games but the National Championship are played on campus and the process is in every way superior to what FBS is doing.  Every conference* is represented and there are plenty of at large spots.  There's none of this handwringing over what to do with multiple Conference Champions with the same record.  Fill out the bracket and let em play.  Works great.

*With the exception of the MEAC and SWAC whose champions play in the Celebration Bowl instead and the Ivy League which doesn't participate in the post season.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, guineapigfury said:

The 24 team playoff works great for FCS.  All games but the National Championship are played on campus and the process is in every way superior to what FBS is doing.  Every conference* is represented and there are plenty of at large spots.  There's none of this handwringing over what to do with multiple Conference Champions with the same record.  Fill out the bracket and let em play.  Works great.

*With the exception of the MEAC and SWAC whose champions play in the Celebration Bowl instead and the Ivy League which doesn't participate in the post season.

Definitely works great when your team is the #1 seed and absolutely dominating so far #runrabbits

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Just when I think we've seen it all the Florida Gators set a new low by spitting in the face of an opponent.  Filthy animals.

I bet it wasn’t the weirdest thing either player saw that day. For example…

IMG_4549.thumb.jpeg.187db9b49713ba380954e644956ef0c7.jpeg

Long Live Florida Man!!

Edited by O Face
&
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, M2 said:

Haven't seen Miami players spitting in anyone's face, but in addition to spitting I did see a couple of Florida players spear FSU's QB on the ground. 

24FEJYFIJBOWGDDSCEMOAZ3CSE.jpg

To the idiots who love doing the instant replay lawyer bullshit:

A: Second guessing the physical decisions that highly trained athletes make in the matter of nanoseconds makes you nothing more than a completely worthless critic

"That guy made a decision to hit the most valuable player on the other team and then clearly didn't change his decision because he didn't make a split second decision to change his tackle posture when that important player changed his posture at the last microsecond." 

Get a life you sunken chest spinless incel personification of virginity.

Instead, put the beer down, and go compliment the ref who had to make that call with no access to replay before doing so, fully knowing he'd be second guess for the rest of his career.   I know that ref, and he's a good man.  He's an athlete and a man of intense integrity.  In comparison, you are nothing greater than a raging fart snorkeler.

If you haven't been in the arena, shut up and go do 20 pushups...if you can.

//rant switch off

seriously, I'm friends with a professional Ref who has to make these calls.  The number of completely un-informed and un-engaged dudes that make idol threats to him is thoroughly UNSAT.  If the ref called it a personal foul, I believe it.  Those guys have seen some shit and know what they're doing.  The guys on either side of a "that was a bad/good call" debate universally don't know a damn thing.

Step out of the peanut gallery and onto the field, or STFU.

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, FourFans said:

To the idiots who love doing the instant replay lawyer bullshit:

A: Second guessing the physical decisions that highly trained athletes make in the matter of nanoseconds makes you nothing more than a completely worthless critic

"That guy made a decision to hit the most valuable player on the other team and then clearly didn't change his decision because he didn't make a split second decision to change his tackle posture when that important player changed his posture at the last microsecond." 

Get a life you sunken chest spinless incel personification of virginity.

Instead, put the beer down, and go compliment the ref who had to make that call with no access to replay before doing so, fully knowing he'd be second guess for the rest of his career.   I know that ref, and he's a good man.  He's an athlete and a man of intense integrity.  In comparison, you are nothing greater than a raging fart snorkeler.

If you haven't been in the arena, shut up and go do 20 pushups...if you can.

//rant switch off

seriously, I'm friends with a professional Ref who has to make these calls.  The number of completely un-informed and un-engaged dudes that make idol threats to him is thoroughly UNSAT.  If the ref called it a personal foul, I believe it.  Those guys have seen some shit and know what they're doing.  The guys on either side of a "that was a bad/good call" debate universally don't know a damn thing.

Step out of the peanut gallery and onto the field, or STFU.

What the hyper focus on instant replay has showed me the last couple years is how many they get RIGHT.  It's crazy.  

59 minutes ago, uhhello said:

What the hyper focus on instant replay has showed me the last couple years is how many they get RIGHT.  It's crazy.  

Shocking how good some of those guys are and what they see in the blink of an eye.  Still, I am glad the system is there, I don;t ever want a game decided on a bad call.

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Shocking how good some of those guys are and what they see in the blink of an eye.  Still, I am glad the system is there, I don;t ever want a game decided on a bad call.

Agreed.  It's trending towards micro focus especially when a review is called for and finds stuff that wasn't called on the field.  Iowa Hawkeyes got f'n hosed big time by it.  

6 hours ago, uhhello said:

Likewise.  Simply sitting next to this buddy of mine at high school football games has been amazingly educational.  The dude can see penalties literally before they happen.

Edited by FourFans

14 hours ago, FourFans said:

Likewise.  Simply sitting next to this buddy of mine at high school football games has been amazingly educational.  The dude can see penalties literally before they happen.

My wife and son say the same thing about me, my wife can't believe it, especially with my propensity to overlook chores around the house "how did you see that?"  The product of playing Pop Warner, high school and college football.  RPO has made the game even faster and I am glad the refs have kept up.  I was reading some game analytics the other day.  The average high school QB has 4 seconds to throw the ball, the average college QB has 3 seconds and the average NFL QB has 2.2 seconds.  I thought about volunteer coaching at my son's school but my work travel has been stupid the past year, maybe when I retire.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Haven't seen Miami players spitting in anyone's face, but in addition to spitting I did see a couple of Florida players spear FSU's QB on the ground. 

24FEJYFIJBOWGDDSCEMOAZ3CSE.jpg

i'm surprised rodemaker got up.

that dq was well deserved.

On 11/22/2023 at 12:41 PM, ClearedHot said:

Big ole Karma punch.  Now if Mike Norvell will just take the job in College Station all will be right in the ironic world.

Karma punch? Expound. 

And fortunately Mike Elko took that garbage job. 

Edited by VMFA187

On 11/21/2023 at 9:24 AM, Sua Sponte said:

If FSU loses without Travis, it exposes the frauds they are. With the exception of the first week of that beating of LSU, they've played unranked nobodies. That's hard for the committee when the OSU/UM game loser had a tougher schedule/conference. If FSU barely beats or loses UF this week I believe the committee will rank the loser of the OSU/UM will still rank higher than FSU.

They won their only game with him out in a hostile environment. So we'll continue to wait and see. FSU defense is allowing roughly 14 points a game. 

Michigan and OSU haven't played anyone except each other, hard to argue that Penn State is decent. OSU barely escaped a Notre Dame team with 10 players that got beat soundly by both Louisville and Clemson. 

Guess we'll see what the committee thinks tonight. In history, no undefeated P5 team has ever missed the CFP. Only one team who was undefeated has been ranked behind a one loss team in the CFP Rankings - FSU in '14. 

Who is your team by the way?

On 11/26/2023 at 2:04 PM, ClearedHot said:

Just when I think we've seen it all the Florida Gators set a new low by spitting in the face of an opponent.  Filthy animals.

Or the signs that were all over the university in Trashville that said "Welcome, break a leg" or had a depiction of Jordan Travis hanging from a noose...

Stay classy gainesville. They've had three losing seasons in a row for the first time in 75 years. And it feels great, about as great as their recruits decommitting. 

On 11/11/2023 at 4:42 PM, ClearedHot said:

I hate it when the refs decide a game.

Even AFTER a review this was somehow NOT called a safety (by NCAA rule the entire ball has to be forward of the goal line), but we have special rules for FSU.

If that isn't enough apparently FSU can have a big return, SPIKE the ball ON a Miami player and there is no foul.

And to finish it off, FSU broke Miami's Quarterback's arm.

IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5011.MOV

CH - Are you a 'Canes fan? 

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope you guys keep Cristobal forever. Wish I had known this a few weeks ago. 😆

Edited by VMFA187