World War III Updates

gearhog

4 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

Agree, and a great reason why we shouldn't lower the voting age to 16.... as one of the parties is trying to do 

🤷‍♂️ yea I don't support that. I support 18 as the one age of adulthood for everything TBH...I'm not sure why you can be drafted but not get a draft at the bar. That being said brain development isn't really complete until like ~25 so maybe the car rental companies have it right...

FWIW let's do a maximum age as well! Just like some careers (ahem ahem airline pilots) have mandatory retirement ages, I'd say after your 79th or maybe 84th birthday maybe you should just hang up your ole voting boots and kick back and let the next generations run things. Hell, Catholic cardinals can't vote for a new Pope in conclave anymore after age 80.

Obv I would apply all this to office holders too...if there is a minimum age for federal offices why the F isn't there a maximum age?

Edited by nsplayr
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

I'm still a little conflicted on Bill Ackman jumping into the funny farm and going after the job offers of college students...

I think Ackman took things too far. Yea your words have consequences and etc., but man, having a random billionaire ruining your career while you're still on campus is some bullshiite man.

Not that I disagree with him that what a some of the students are saying is completely reprehensible, it is.

But I would also remind Bill that when he was an undergrad on the hallowed Haavad Yaad he was a) likely a huge fucking moron like the vast majority of of us were, b) certainly said many things others would find unacceptably offensive (haven't we all!), and c) didn't have some Reagan-era billionaire going Dick Tracy on his ass trying to ruin his future before he even got off the ground.

I guess forensic speech policing wasn't as easy in 1988 as it is in 2023, but Ackman needs to find other hobbies IMHO.

Edited by nsplayr

30 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

I think Ackman took things too far. Yea your words have consequences and etc., but man, having a random billionaire ruining your career while you're still on campus is some bullshiite man.

Not that I disagree with him that what a some of the students are saying is completely reprehensible, it is.

But I would also remind Bill that when he was an undergrad on the hallowed Haavad Yaad he was a) likely a huge fucking moron like the vast majority of of us were, b) certainly said many things others would find unacceptably offensive (haven't we all!), and c) didn't have some Reagan-era billionaire going Dick Tracy on his ass trying to ruin his future before he even got off the ground.

I guess forensic speech policing wasn't as easy in 1988 as it is in 2023, but Ackman needs to find other hobbies IMHO.

I think the left has leaned into this canceling people for a long time, so I can't feel too sorry when it's applied to them. 

I'm sure these Harvard grads will still get jobs at CNN, MSNBC, NY Times...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nsplayr said:

FWIW let's do a maximum age as well!

💯

I would say whenever you start drawing Social Security benefits, you're done voting. Once you become a ward of the state you have an incentive structure that no longer considers the long term success of the nation. All the conservative firebrands like my father who can quote the last 3 days of Fox News, but don't you DARE talk about reining in SS or Medicare spending, he earned that money!

I've personally decided I will not vote for anyone over 65. That puts the president at 73-75 after two terms, which is right at the upper limit of where you can be reasonably sure the person is still sharp. Bonus points for getting under 55. This is a new red line for me after seeing Biden and Trump doing their amateur acting troop version of Grumpy Old Men, Mitch McConnell taking some involuntary naps at the podium, and Diane Feinstein literally dying from old age while still voting on Senate business. No more.

• Like 4

On 10/18/2023 at 9:12 PM, kaputt said:

IMG_9662.png.ee28f83376cc4e3a19c22a7f7735d4de.png

Now that is some blissful ignorance. 

"If you’re not a liberal when you’re 20, you have no heart.  If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 30, you have no brain."

Although falsely attributed to Winston Churchill it is still a great observation.

• Upvote 2

I've always thought that if at the end of your tax return, you didn't end up paying federal taxes, you shouldn't get to vote (with an exception for CZTE).  You shouldn't get to decide how other people's money is spent.  Otherwise, as soon as 51% of the population decides that they don't want to work at all and they just want to vote for politicians that will pay them to watch TV, they'll get their way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

We need to vote for a red button to push that flushes all of the political scum in DC into the sewer.   I have zero confidence that any of them have our (normal American citizens) best interests at heart.   Any of them.   Its all about that money baby.  It's funny that anyone would like any politician enough to fight over them.   They dont care about any of us until it's voting season.  Normal humans will continue to die for bullshit created by those in charge.  

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Smokin said:

I've always thought that if at the end of your tax return, you didn't end up paying federal taxes, you shouldn't get to vote (with an exception for CZTE).  You shouldn't get to decide how other people's money is spent.  Otherwise, as soon as 51% of the population decides that they don't want to work at all and they just want to vote for politicians that will pay them to watch TV, they'll get their way.

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic. - Benjamin Franklin

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Yes, but then the follow up is, if losing a job offer is too much, what's the right punishment?

So far all I hear is a whole bunch of nothing. No real consequences. So I'll take the Ackman approach. I would accept a year-long suspension as a fair punishment, but there's a 0% chance the universities take a stand on anything their DEI department doesn't explicitly forbid. 

• Like 1

But I would also remind Bill that when he was an undergrad on the hallowed Haavad Yaad he was a) likely a huge ing moron like the vast majority of of us were, b) certainly said many things others would find unacceptably offensive (haven't we all!), and c) didn't have some Reagan-era billionaire going Dick Tracy on his ass trying to ruin his future before he even got off the ground.

Actions have consequences, some of them life changing.

To the group that doesn’t think so? Ask Michael Richards.

These people were being groomed for access to the highest most front loaded echelons of success and privilege and a bunch of them did it while simultaneously embracing soft anti-semitism because it was the popular group think. Signing onto that train was the social media equivalent of getting a face tattoo of a dick on your chin and then demanding society give you a mulligan.

Applying the standard they themselves would apply if somebody was holding a confederate flag at a counter BLM protest, they obviously shouldn’t be working in those echelons they were about to find themselves a part of. The only people I feel bad for are the parents that worked whatever magic they did to get their kids into such a advantageous position to have them stupidly throw it all away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Yes, but then the follow up is, if losing a job offer is too much, what's the right punishment?

Right, it’s not about employers who choose to rescind job offers based on reprehensible speech, that’s fine.

It’s about a random billionaire going out of his way to sleuth down the names of anyone 18-25 who has ever belonged to some of these student groups, and then specifically calling his buddies at different companies, giving them the list of names, and saying they should be blackballed.

Like, get a hobby buddy.

Inevitably you’re hurting people who had nothing to do with some of these dumb statements, and even absolute best case you’re punching down so many levels it’s laughable.

He should spend his time working to counter the Iranian finance operations that actually paid for the rockets and bullets that killed innocent Israelis if he’s so inclined to wanna help. Or just donate a B to Israeli charities…I can think of a million better ways to spend your time and money than harassing idiot college kids.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

Right, it’s not about employers who choose to rescind job offers based on reprehensible speech, that’s fine.

It’s about a random billionaire going out of his way to sleuth down the names of anyone 18-25 who has ever belonged to some of these student groups, and then specifically calling his buddies at different companies, giving them the list of names, and saying they should be blackballed.

Like, get a hobby buddy.

Inevitably you’re hurting people who had nothing to do with some of these dumb statements, and even absolute best case you’re punching down so many levels it’s laughable.

He should spend his time working to counter the Iranian finance operations that actually paid for the rockets and bullets that killed innocent Israelis if he’s so inclined to wanna help. Or just donate a B to Israeli charities…I can think of a million better ways to spend your time and money than harassing idiot college kids.

And that's why I'm okay with it. People like you will find a way to tie yourself in knots making it about everything else instead of their own responsibility for their actions, and nothing will happen. Thank you for proving my point.

Bill Ackman didn't just wake up one day and decide to ruin some college kids' lives. Those *grown ass adults* proactively chose to do something following a tragedy. If no letter was written, no billionaire could sleuth.

Does anyone here actually think the reason we stop being stupid as we age is because the numerical representation of how long we've been alive goes up? Absurd. It's because we exist in the world and start to see the consequences of actions. Cause and effect. It's experience. If you aren't old enough in college to be responsible for your actions, why do we think that you should be responsible for your actions when you are older than 22, or 25 as you wrote? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

And that's why I'm okay with it. People like you will find a way to tie yourself in knots making it about everything else instead of their own responsibility for their actions, and nothing will happen. Thank you for proving my point.

Bill Ackman didn't just wake up one day and decide to ruin some college kids' lives. Those *grown ass adults* proactively chose to do something following a tragedy. If no letter was written, no billionaire could sleuth.

Does anyone here actually think the reason we stop being stupid as we age is because the numerical representation of how long we've been alive goes up? Absurd. It's because we exist in the world and start to see the consequences of actions. Cause and effect. It's experience. If you aren't old enough in college to be responsible for your actions, why do we think that you should be responsible for your actions when you are older than 22, or 25 as you wrote? 

The left would find this totally reasonable if conservatives were the ones getting called out for being at a protest supporting hate/violence and subsequently getting told on/fired for it.  

Want another fun one with the hypocrisy of the left:  They’re against Israelis building settlements in the West Bank (which is part of Israel)…and yet they’re totally ok with, and in fact support, illegal in immigrants coming in to the US and wanting to stay here permanently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

The great sage Adam Carolla had a different take. Basically, you're allowed to have stupid opinions in college, sure. But the types of people who write letters supporting Hamas are also the ones who get mad when you misgender them, who will demand a recognition that the land your building is on used to belong to Native Americans before every speech, who will complain about micro aggressions if there's only dairy milk instead of soy milk in the fridge... it's an entire lifestyle that lends itself to being a huge pain in the ass for their employer. So don't bring those people into your organization. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

On 10/21/2023 at 5:52 AM, Lord Ratner said:

I would say whenever you start drawing Social Security benefits, you're done voting. Once you become a ward of the state you have an incentive structure that no longer considers the long term success of the nation…..

In order to be consistent you’d need to eliminate voting by people on any welfare/gov assistance programs as well.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Like, get a hobby buddy.

Cry me a river...I must have missed your outrage when the Liberal hate machine used this VERY playbook the past few years.

1.  Liberals Dox Founder of Libs of Tik Tok

2.  Doxxing' new liberal weapon for publicly shaming people

3.  Former Democratic Senate Aide Gets Probation For Helping Dox Republicans Over Kavanaugh Hearings

4.  Five conservative Supreme Court justices doxxed

5.  When there was push back against Liberals who did it they cried like little bitches

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, 08Dawg said:

Who let the pinko commie in here?

download.jpg.12ef5713e3fae31f064a72637c688bbf.jpg

Edited by Biff_T
WWIII is gay