The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

9 hours ago, Sim said:

To state the obvious, the implication is that there are "Biden impersonators" walking around wearing some kind of mask to appear like the president.  This NBC clip shows the video this pic was taken from.

I'd like to think I'm a reasonable person, and would previously disregard such things as just so much ridiculous nonsense.  Just more flotsam and jetsam bobbing around on the internet.

But then you look around, and reflect on all of the strange, ridiculous nonsense you hear every day that is actually happening.  Arguments over who is a man and who is a woman, and other such absurdities.  Somewhat more mundane, but no less absurd, the fact that the prices of staples like milk and eggs have inflated out of sight, yet have gotten no more than a passing mention on the local news.

I just don't know anymore.

I've had some limited experience with those at the higher levels of the corporate and political spheres.  Like anything, it's interesting to get behind the scenes and see how the sausage is made.  One consistent takeaway has been that, the higher you go, the more of a laser focus there is on the stated goals.  All other considerations (morality, decency, etc) fall by the wayside.  Some say that the higher you go, the more Sociopathy you find.  Perhaps that's the case.

All I know is, taking into account the absurdities I see all around (both in the news, and in daily interactions in my neighborhood), I no longer discount such things as "man in mask impersonating the President."  While such things sound absurd, they also sound entirely possible.  Perhaps even plausible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Chesebro.   I have nothing of value to add other than what a weird or cool last name (depending on how you feel about cheese). Chesebro.   

Cheese Bro. 

Hamburglar.thumb.jpg.05597235eb032c8bca8c3e1ac96a2224.jpg

48 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

So what do you think will happen if Trump wins the 2024 election?  A state can’t imprison a sitting president.

What’s your Constitutional Law holding for that since SCOTUS ruled long along federal and state laws are different sovereignties

Let me help you out.

“While there is no express constitutional prohibition on a President being incarcerated, it is self-evident that an incarcerated President would pose serious threats to the continued functioning of our country.”

https://harvardlawreview.org/blog/2023/04/stronga-convict-in-chief-strong/

Edited by Sua Sponte

https://abcnews.go.com/US/twitter-influencer-sentenced-trick-clinton-supporters-voting-text/story?id=104096660

Memes are a crime lol.   

"Misinformation".  Who gets to define this?   

"Our" government can take you away if they don't agree with you.  This is insane.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

3 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

What’s your Constitutional Law holding for that since SCOTUS ruled long along federal and state laws are different sovereignties

Let me help you out.

“While there is no express constitutional prohibition on a President being incarcerated, it is self-evident that an incarcerated President would pose serious threats to the continued functioning of our country.”

https://harvardlawreview.org/blog/2023/04/stronga-convict-in-chief-strong/

So what you’re telling me that a state could charge Biden with a crime tomorrow, arrest him, prosecute him, convict him, and then put him in jail?

33 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

So what you’re telling me that a state could charge Biden with a crime tomorrow, arrest him, prosecute him, convict him, and then put him in jail?

Why couldn’t they? Could Biden pardon himself of state charges/convictions? Of course he couldn’t, which is why if Trump was able to be elected president he’s still on the hook for the New York and Georgia charges. I think you’re confusing the DOJ’s policy, not law, of not charging a sitting president with federal crimes (which could be argued he could pardon himself of anyway) since they defer to the impeachment process.

A DA or a state’s AG doesn’t give a shit about the DOJ’s charging/prosecution policy for federal crimes. Like the HLS article I posted stated, which you probably didn’t read, stated there is nothing in the Constitution prohibiting a president from being incarcerated. Any state that chose to go this route with a sitting president is more likely than not going to face legal challenges to the SCOTUS for an interpretation if a state had the authority to do so over state charges.

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

Why couldn’t they? Could Biden pardon himself of state charges/convictions? Of course he couldn’t, which is why if Trump was able to be elected president he’s still on the hook for the New York and Georgia charges. I think you’re confusing the DOJ’s policy, not law, of not charging a sitting president with federal crimes (which could be argued he could pardon himself of anyway) since they defer to the impeachment process.

A DA or a state’s AG doesn’t give a shit about the DOJ’s charging/prosecution policy for federal crimes. Like the HLS article I posted stated, which you probably didn’t read, stated there is nothing in the Constitution prohibiting a president from being incarcerated. Any state that chose to go this route with a sitting president is more likely than not going to face legal challenges to the SCOTUS for an interpretation if a state had the authority to do so over state charges.

Just so I understand you clearly…you honestly think that if Trump were to win in 2024, that a state would take him in and put him in prison?  Or, if he was already in prison, not release him?…and I’m not asking about an article, I’m asking you what you personally believe would actually happen.  Likewise what would happen if tomorrow South Dakota charged Biden with a crime…do you actually think Biden would stand trial as a sitting president, as well as be allowed to be put in state prison if convicted?

Even as the libertarian here, I’m discussing what we believe would actually happen…not what the Hamas loving Harvard folks write about.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Just so I understand you clearly…you honestly think that if Trump were to win in 2024, that a state would take him in and put him in prison?  Or, if he was already in prison, not release him?…and I’m not asking about an article, I’m asking you what you personally believe would actually happen.  Likewise what would happen if tomorrow South Dakota charged Biden with a crime…do you actually think Biden would stand trial as a sitting president, as well as be allowed to be put in state prison if convicted?

Even as the libertarian here, I’m discussing what we believe would actually happen…not what the Hamas loving Harvard folks write about.

Yes. He was charged and/or found guilty of a state crime. Can a president pardon himself of said state crime(s)? If not, then why can’t that state enforce their own laws? The Constitution is silent where it doesn’t say you cannot imprison a president, so why couldn’t that happen? Why are we now asking ourselves this? Because presidents usually don’t go around allegedly committing state crimes while in office.

Edited by Sua Sponte
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Yes. He was charged and/or found guilty of a state crime. Can a president pardon himself of said state crime(s)? If not, then why can’t that state enforce their own laws? The Constitution is silent where it doesn’t say you cannot imprison a president, so why couldn’t that happen? Why are we now asking ourselves this? Because presidents usually don’t go around allegedly committing state crimes while in office.

I very much disagree.  If this was the case, any state can pass some silly law and charge a president for violating it.  And as much as I dislike Trump personally, there’s a decent chance we may find out in a little over a year.  Also if you think every other President has been squeaky clean (to include our current one) then I guess we’ll again have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

I very much disagree.  If this was the case, any state can pass some silly law and charge a president for violating it.  And as much as I dislike Trump personally, there’s a decent chance we may find out in a little over a year.  Also if you think every other President has been squeaky clean (to include our current one) then I guess we’ll again have to agree to disagree.

That’s fine you disagree, but neither I, nor you, are the people charged with interpreting the Constitution. Your posts about these topics are usually a textbook example of Dunning-Kruger effect. I didn’t say every other president has been squeaky clean, but you knew that, you’re just being stupid. I said that presidents normally don’t go around violating state laws while they’re sitting in office, which is why this is now some uncharted legal landscape the courts are entering in. Trump was still the lame duck president when his alleged criminal actions occurred in Georgia (Dec 2020). Are you to say that since he was technically president at the time the allegedly conduct happened that Georgia wouldn’t be able to prosecute him since he was, at the time, the president?

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23909543-23sc188947-criminal-indictment

I’m curious why you don’t think a president, who cannot pardon himself or others from state law violations, couldn’t be charged with violating state law? Are military personnel, who usually aren’t residents of the states they’re stationed in, immune from violating laws of the state they’re stationed in? Even if they aren’t residents of said states? Does the military have the authority to just immunize military personnel from state law violations because they’re essentially federal employees?

Edited by Sua Sponte

48 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

That’s fine you disagree, but neither I, nor you, are the people charged with interpreting the Constitution. Your posts about these topics are usually a textbook example of Dunning-Kruger effect. I didn’t say every other president has been squeaky clean, but you knew that, you’re just being stupid. I said that presidents normally don’t go around violating state laws while they’re sitting in office, which is why this is now some uncharted legal landscape the courts are entering in. Trump was still the lame duck president when his alleged criminal actions occurred in Georgia (Dec 2020). Are you to say that since he was technically president at the time the allegedly conduct happened that Georgia wouldn’t be able to prosecute him since he was, at the time, the president?

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23909543-23sc188947-criminal-indictment

I’m curious why you don’t think a president, who cannot pardon himself or others from state law violations, couldn’t be charged with violating state law? Are military personnel, who usually aren’t residents of the states they’re stationed in, immune from violating laws of the state they’re stationed in? Even if they aren’t residents of said states? Does the military have the authority to just immunize military personnel from state law violations because they’re essentially federal employees?

I literally said that if Trump wins, do you think he’ll go to prison if convicted or remain in prison if previously convicted before the 2024 election…and your answer is yes, and my answer is no.  And your response to that is that I’m stupid.  So again focus on the actual prison piece not whether or not he is charged or convicted.

My money is that if Trump wins in 2024, he will be in the White House come January 20th, 2025, regardless of any state court outcomes.  You can disagree and call me a stupid, but do you really think the country would survive with an elected president being in a state prison?  Now as for Trump winning, I definitely have my doubts (and would much rather see someone else), but looking at the current polls and how bad Biden is doing, it’s definitely not out of the realm of realistic possibilities.

As for comparing Joe military person to the president…ummm, it’s the same reason why Hillary won’t be charged/punished for her crimes with mishandling classified information, but airman snuffy would.  Same applies to state crimes.  The elites are rarely charged for their crimes, especially compared to everyday folks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

I literally said that if Trump wins, do you think he’ll go to prison if convicted or remain in prison if previously convicted before the 2024 election…and your answer is yes, and my answer is no.  And your response to that is that I’m stupid.  So again focus on the actual prison piece not whether or not he is charged or convicted.

My money is that if Trump wins in 2024, he will be in the White House come January 20th, 2025, regardless of any state court outcomes.  You can disagree and call me a stupid, but do you really think the country would survive with an elected president being in a state prison?  Now as for Trump winning, I definitely have my doubts (and would much rather see someone else), but looking at the current polls and how bad Biden is doing, it’s definitely not out of the realm of realistic possibilities.

As for comparing Joe military person to the president…ummm, it’s the same reason why Hillary won’t be charged/punished for her crimes with mishandling classified information, but airman snuffy would.  Same applies to state crimes.  The elites are rarely charged for their crimes, especially compared to everyday folks.

My response that you’re stupid is I have asked you various questions on why he wouldn’t be held to justice in state court for violating state laws and you haven’t answered at all, which I’m not shocked. Whether the country would survive is irrelevant, since there is a system in place to have the country ran if the president is removed from office. Again, an armada of legal challenges would happen and would force the SCOTUS to either hold that yes, or no, a president could be tried, convicted, and imprison for violating state laws while a sitting president. This would also have the 25th Amendment possibly come into play and be exercised if the president is confined and no longer to execute the office. 

I agree that the elites are rarely charged held to justice for their crimes, however there’s a very good chance Trump will be going to prison in New York, Georgia, and/or federal. A huge reason why he’s running for president again is so he can pardon himself and cronies and get rid of all the federal punitive landscape that he’s currently caught in. 

45 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

My response that you’re stupid is I have asked you various questions on why he wouldn’t be held to justice in state court for violating state laws and you haven’t answered at all, which I’m not shocked.

I literally said it’s the same reason why elites are rarely held to the same standard of regular day folks…or do you disagree with that as well?  Throw that in with the basic idea that the country wouldn’t stay together if their elected president couldn’t be the president, and well, there’s my answer.  You can disagree and call me stupid, but I seriously doubt I’m the only one on this forum who thinks in such way…or are we all stupid?

I get it…you don’t like Trump.  I also don’t like him, just for different reasons I’m sure.  And if you think Trump’s biggest reason for running is so he doesn’t have to go to jail, then we disagree on many things (shocker).  He actually believes he was cheated out of 2020 and he actually believes that he would do better than the other people running.  He’s a jerk and a narcissist, no doubt.  But his policies were overall much better than his predecessor and his successor.

As for you believing it’s irrelevant whether the country survives or not…kind of makes the rest of the argument moot if it doesn’t, right?

Feel free to quote me on this in the future:  If Trump is the GOP nominee (likely, unfortunately) and wins in November 2024 (I give him 40% chance at this point), if he is still alive on January 20th, 2025, then he’s is physically in the White House…regardless if he’s a convicted felon in Georgia or anywhere else.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 9:33 PM, HeloDude said:

I literally said it’s the same reason why elites are rarely held to the same standard of regular day folks…or do you disagree with that as well?  Throw that in with the basic idea that the country wouldn’t stay together if their elected president couldn’t be the president, and well, there’s my answer.  You can disagree and call me stupid, but I seriously doubt I’m the only one on this forum who thinks in such way…or are we all stupid?

I get it…you don’t like Trump.  I also don’t like him, just for different reasons I’m sure.  And if you think Trump’s biggest reason for running is so he doesn’t have to go to jail, then we disagree on many things (shocker).  He actually believes he was cheated out of 2020 and he actually believes that he would do better than the other people running.  He’s a jerk and a narcissist, no doubt.  But his policies were overall much better than his predecessor and his successor.

As for you believing it’s irrelevant whether the country survives or not…kind of makes the rest of the argument moot if it doesn’t, right?

Feel free to quote me on this in the future:  If Trump is the GOP nominee (likely, unfortunately) and wins in November 2024 (I give him 40% chance at this point), if he is still alive on January 20th, 2025, then he’s is physically in the White House…regardless if he’s a convicted felon in Georgia or anywhere else.

Did the country stay together when Nixon resigned before he was impeached? There is a process to run the country if the president either leaves office abruptly or is removed. Do you think as many people are going to start overrunning the Capitol again when they’ve seen a lot of those that did during 1/6 prosecuted and thrown in federal prison? Are you the only one that feels that way on here, of course not, this place is an echo chamber of certain political stances. But this is also forum of people saying how Biden was going to be 25 Amendement’d so Harris could take over and this was some master DNC plan to do so. 

I don’t like Trump because he only cares about Trump. He doesn’t care about the DNC or RNC, he cares about retaining the power and the “unique” abilities that comes with being POTUS (like not being federal indicted while in office and if it were to happen, pardoning himself and his cronies). It’s easy to believe that the election was rigged when your own advisors and attorneys are telling you that you lost and you just disregard them and surround yourself with your echo chamber. His policies being better are subjective, as always.

https://www.cato.org/commentary/grading-trumps-economic-policies

It will be up to the RNC to see if they support Trump as a nominee or not. The best thing for them to do is cut ties, like most of them have, with Trump and let him rot. How’s that Speaker election going for Jim Jordan with his fellow Republicans, losing votes every time he was up for a vote? It’s people like Jordan, who refuse to acknowledge that the election wasn’t stolen, that the RNC needs to rid themselves of and press. Unfortunately, DeSantis isn’t doing so hot, so it will be very interesting the next year.

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

Did the country stay together when Nixon resigned before he was impeached? There is a process to run the country if the president either leaves office abruptly or is removed.

Nixon voluntarily resigned…so yeah, your argument has nothing to do with this realistic potential that I proposed…unless you think Trump would win in 2024 and then resign.

As for the process to remove Trump…ok, do you think that if Trump were to win in 2024 that the House would vote to impeach him and the Senate remove him after January20th, 2025 because he has been convicted in a state court?  And as for the 25th Amendment, yeah, that won’t happen either.

Like I said man, our differences on this issue are simple:  You believe that if Trump were to win in 2024 that he won’t physically be in the WH come January 20, 2025 due to being in prison, and I disagree.  We’ll have to wait and see…though Trump would still need to win in 2024 and as I said the other day, I give him a 40% chance, though the current polling has him winning vs not.  But I think the majority of the polling is junk, so I don’t give it much credibility.

As for your additional hypothetical that if Trump would win and would be in a Georgia prison on January 20th, 2025, do I think a January 6th situation would occur?…oh, it would be much, much worse.  But it would be a “mostly peaceful protest” that the left supports lol.

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Everything is misinformation.  That's how they sleep at night. 

Time to admit shit is not as "gay" as once thought and that the world is getting on the verge war....again.  The party of peace led us to war and embraces war.  Think about that.   The right had always been for a good war to sell weapons but now the left has shown they also like to sell those weapons.   

There should outrage from the dems. 

The two party system doesn't let people think for themselves but we definitely dont need a one party system.  

We will see real change when people quit picking sides and do what's right.   Our current leadership will never do what's right, unless it happens to line up with the money making machine.  

The President is a crook.  

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure