More SARC briefings soon.

di1630

It's a plan to get rid of all pilots in key positions at AFSOC and it's almost complete.

I also wonder why they named the training section the Air Warfare Center. Makes them feel more warlike maybe?

Not to diverge from the thread, but it's my understanding AFSOAWC is soon to be no more. It is supposed to be replaced by a numbered training wing. All the reasons I heard were the standard 'more efficient, better training, more AFSOC FGO, GO leadership opportunities. This was also all said by the gentleman no longer in charge of AFSOAWC, so...

Off topic but they can shitcan that whole ing shebang. AFSOC, Mil. and GS types, have transformed a fairly efficient training organization into a giant self-licking ice cream cone. No way you need that many stars to do the job. But hey, more jobs for Generals right?

Weeks standing orders were to make training more efficient. OK, step one, more jobs for FGOs and GOs, riiight.

I showed up at Hurbie in Janurary and was flying by myself in March. And you know what, the job I was doing is almost exactly the same as it is today. How did we do that?

One more goes the way of the dodo bird. Acting Undersecretary of Navy Forced to Resign. I can see active duty "male personnel" starting to develop serious castration anxiety symptoms, particularly when SARC personnel are in the vicinity.

Hopefully, this will be covered as a service connected disability by the VA. I would recommend; Literal castration = 100% disability and Metaphorical castration = 75% disability.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/01/15/navys-acting-undersecretary-forced-to-resign.html?comp=7000023317828&rank=1

Acting Undersecretary of Navy Forced to Resign.

In talking to the JAGs while deployed, the JAG (as an office) recognizes this is an issue among senior leadership. Our leadership like to say it is young Airmen and signle Lts, but the stats do not back that up. Difficult to have a down day with the message, "Don't let us touch you."

• Upvote 1

Christ, I knew this guy. He always appeared so calm and logical. I'm astounded he would do it.

Don't crucify the guy yet. I've only read the AF Crimes version, but so far its only her word. I'm not saying they're getting a divorce, but I've seem what high stress scenarios do to marriages...it generally brings out the worst in both parties.

Let the process play itself out. When there is indisputable proof, then cut his nuts off.

or that he only has to forfeit $3678 in pay...YGBSM.

Oh...when his wife is finished, he'll have paid far more than $3678.

Bendy

Edit: That's Bendy...with a capital B.

Edited by Bender

So a male nurse named Major Cox groped the "buttocks and anus" of a sleeping enlisted man? Is this real life? Are we being punked?

....or that Major Cox's senior defense counsel's name is McKissack.....this has to be a joke.

On a side note...for those of you worried about the FSB, we have a groper, a deserter, 37 cheaters, all kinds of sexual harrassers/assaulters and pot smokers all in the news now. I think it is safe to say that all of your VSP packages will be denied...we have enough volunteers. Now get back to work and start packing...we have 365s for all of you!

• Upvote 2

or that he only has to forfeit $3678 in pay...YGBSM.

Not giving an opinion if this is the right military punishment or not, but one additional thing to consider is that since he is a nurse he must hold a license from at least one U.S.state or territory Board of Nursing in order to practice. Because he's military he can be licensed in any state - not necessarily the one he practices in - but he must maintain a nursing license in at least one U.S. state or territory.

The nature and severity of this conviction will definitely be noticed, in a bad way, by whatever nursing board(s) have licensed him, and he will likely lose those licenses - maybe permanently - or at least will have a suspension with a whole bunch of stuff to do before there's any consideration of re-licensing. And today, all of the professional boards talk to each other about stuff like this so if he has more than one license it will affect all of them. No longer can a licensed health professional do something like this on, for example, on the west coast and escape the consequences by "running away from the troubles" and relocating on the east coast.

So then he's an Air Force nurse, but unable to hold an unencumbered (or any) nursing license. I'm guessing that will put him on a quick ride out of the Air Force. And he won't be able to practice nursing in the civilian world until he gets past whatever sanctions and re-education his Board of Nursing requires, or maybe even permanently if his license(s) are revoked.

Assuming the facts are what he pled guilty to, he's really screwed up (or maybe even permanently thrown away) his ability to hold a nursing license and practice nursing anywhere. State Boards of Nursing exist to protect the public, and they'll have a real problem in this case because he assaulted someone while they were vulnerable (passed out drunk). While this event wasn't patient care related, they will still have a concern about how he will conduct himself in a similar situation with a vulnerable patient. The Major's being drunk won't be an excuse, but it will get him a requirement for evaluation (and if needed, treatment) for alcohol and/or drug.dependence - if the relevant Board doesn't just decide he's done and revokes his license outright.

So he'll have professional consequences of his actions that will be a problem for him long after whatever the Air Force disposition of his case.

Edited by jcj

I wonder how widespread this really is...

Buy flowers or something for your mistresses and make them happy...you don't want them turning against you while this sh*t is hot in the news.

Anyone know the number to USAA Telefloral?!?

Military Brass Behaving Badly

Edit: Disclaimer, in case OSI starts to investigate BODN for inappropriate comments/behavior, I don't really have a mistress...and I already know the number to Telefloral because I'm ordering my wife. whom I love dearly, flowers for Valentines Day!

Edited by BitteEinBit