Red Dawn! The Russians Are Coming! Red Flag 13-1

Is that stereotyping if we make them Red Air? Will they be GCI dependant? Standard loadout? They're going to simulate some fucked up loadout (wall to wall AA-8s) just to have an Eagle guy stand up and say "Thats not how you do that!"

Edited by SuperWSO
  • Upvote 1

No normal RF. This one is only for Special Ops fighter pilots. That's probably why you haven't heard about it.

No normal RF. This one is only for Special Ops fighter pilots. That's probably why you haven't heard about it.

Of course, they'll be supported by "black world" tankers.....I hear those guys only operate in cloud (for stealth) and the booms don't even ask for tail numbers.

• Upvote 1

There is one at Eielson

Unless something has drastically changed in the past week while I was on leave they aren't coming up here for 13-1. They were supposed to send WLOs to 12-2 last month (they sent reps to the planning conference back in January), but that fell through and didn't happen.

No Krasni Flag: Russia won't be participating in an Air Force Red Flag exercise this year, according to an exercise spokesman at Eielson AFB, Alaska. What? Russia at Red Flag? Several media outlets—including the Voice of Russia radio network's English-language website—ran stories last week suggesting Russia would indeed be sending fighters to a Red Flag exercise in October, either at Nellis AFB, Nev., or in Alaska. This would be an extraordinary first if true, and a watershed development in US-Russian relations. But, alas, no red-starred Flankers and Fulcrums will be populating the ramps at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Eielson, or anywhere else. Air Force officials told the Daily Report on July 6 that Russia had requested sending observers—not aircraft—to a Red Flag exercise this fall, but it won't be happening. While it would have been interesting to see those Sukhoi and MiG fighters at Red Flag—playing Red Air, perhaps?—modern Russian-designed fighters have already played in a Red Flag. In 2008, India brought its Su-30s MKI fighters to Nellis.

—John A. Tirpak

http://www.airforce-...s/HomePage.aspx

Of course, they'll be supported by "black world" tankers.....I hear those guys only operate in cloud (for stealth) and the booms don't even ask for tail numbers.

I think I got some gas from a black tanker today...he didn't ask for my tail number, he told me my tail number. It's like he just knew...or read it right off the fucking jet, either way. That boomer deserves a bronze star, stat.

• Upvote 1