Gen Welsh - USAF Chief of Staff

busdriver

Please god tell me that he likes to see flight suits "zipped most of the way up" and hasn't really made a statement regarding the exact number of teeth that he wants showing.  If this is true, I'm afraid the USAF is officially doomed. The ship is sinking around them and this is what senior leadership concerns itself with.  The level of disconnect with the real world is nothing short of astonishing with some of these people. 

• Upvote 1

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who said he saw something on the internet that he's making his staff stand at attention and recite the airman's Creed at the beginning and end of every day. And they are making him a five star general, and he's simultaneously going to be the wing and operations group commander at every base, all at once. Oh, and there must be seven teeth showing on every flight suit, especially on blues Thursdays which he's bring back.

Un ing real. The air force is doomed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Not sure if you are trying to say that McDew isn't that bad or saying that his reputation is unfounded or just trying to be funny, but let me educate everyone here who hasn't run across this guy. If it sounds ridiculous and almost unbelievable, it probably is true.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GBock said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who said he saw something on the internet that he's making his staff stand at attention and recite the airman's Creed at the beginning and end of every day. And they are making him a five star general, and he's simultaneously going to be the wing and operations group commander at every base, all at once. Oh, and there must be seven teeth showing on every flight suit, especially on blues Thursdays which he's bring back.

Un ing real. The air force is doomed.

^^^^^

We found one of McDew's exec!

• Upvote 3

Lesson of the day: when your people are constantly exercising or deployed as well as overworked due to undermanning...don't be a duche about something inconsequential.

But if I can't expect you to follow the pointless inane BS that doesn't actually have a written reg or policy letter to reference, how can I expect you to read my mind on all the actual mission decisions and do things that aren't written as a requirement...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 6

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2015 at 8:29 PM, Lawman said:

But if I can't expect you to follow the pointless inane BS that doesn't actually have a written reg or policy letter to reference, how can I expect you to read my mind on all the actual mission decisions and do things that aren't written as a requirement...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate this F-ing argument and I hear it all the time from management from above (fully understand the point Lawman is trying to make). 

Treat folks like big boys and girls...fully realize folks will get in trouble and you punish accordingly, zero defect mentality is BS.  This Dudley Do Right atmosphere is perminating all of our services (some more than others). 

When the gong goes off....I want folks running to the door to beat me though it.  Boss's concerned about "pointless inane BS" have lost the mindset of "running for the door"...something leaders in the profession of arms should never loose.  My opinion of course.

ATIS

On 12/26/2015 at 8:29 PM, Lawman said:

On 12/27/2015 at 9:54 AM, ATIS said:

I hate this F-ing argument and I hear it all the time from management from above (fully understand the point Lawman is trying to make). 

My rebuttal to that and the "If I can't trust you to wear your uniform in exact accordance to regs, how can I trust you in the aircraft" argument, is always... If your primary worry in life is how we wear our flight suits and closely we follow AFI 69-69, or substitute in any of the countless queepy things the AF cares about these days... How can we trust you to lead us? Given you've just made it glaringly obvious you don't prioritize tactical proficiency, job performance, morale, retention, or anything relating to effective leadership. 

I'd even go so far as to say that attitude is often indicative of poor performance in the aircraft as well. So much of aviation is prioritization and the ability to recognize the next most immediate [and real] threat. Worrying about say... zipper height, as opposed to how effectively one does their actual job... Is akin to checking if your last four are written correctly on the flight orders as you CFIT into the side of a mountain, or the proverbial rearranging of the deck chairs on the Titanic as you plow into an iceberg. 

Edited by NEflyer
  • Upvote 5

What's the popular opinion on Everhart, the new AMC CC? I met him when he was the 1-star TACC CC in 2012 and he struck me as 1.) seeing the big picture and 2.) not a politician. He seemed to understand and agree with all of the gripes coming from our group of GRACC captains, which impressed us, at least. Obviously he's impressing others if he gained a star per year. I never thought he'd make it.

Edit: I'm not in AMC anymore, which is why I ask. It seems like he'd be a great change from the Johns-era legacies.

Edited by Majestik Møøse

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

New core value: Appearance first?

That's not even the half of it.  The guy will operate with blinders on with regard to ops tempo and personnel issues, taking the "you should just be happy to be here" approach.  The shallowness of his advocation for Airmen will dwarf Nortie's.

In short: with the manning issues we are facing and will continue to face, there couldn't be a worse choice in terms of retention.

Edited by Champ Kind
  • Upvote 1

New core value: Appearance first?

That's not even the half of it.  The guy will operate with blinders on with regard to ops tempo and personnel issues, taking the "you should just be happy to be here" approach.  The shallowness of his advocation for Airmen will dwarf Nortie's.

In short: with the manning issues we are facing and will continue to face, there couldn't be a worse choice in terms of retention.

Good news if you want to stay in and get promoted.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Good news if you want to stay in and get promoted.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm hoping there is some sarcasm in that statement... 

Not really. If people have been voting with their feet under Welsh, it should continue or accelerate under less empathetic leadership. Those who wish to stay and make rank should have an easier time doing so, especially since those who leave these days seem disproportionately from the higher performers.

Quality of life may get worse, but there are plenty of people willing to endure anything for the faintest chance of being a colonel. Fewer people means better odds.