Latest Movies

B*D*A

14 hours ago, uhhello said:

There is no possible way these people are rescued unless they are bobbing on the surface somehwere.  They have better chance of being rescued floating in space than at the depth they are most likely at if alive.  

Screenshot2023-06-21at23_45_00.jpeg.8ba3432a1fc4aa9c423b5886538fa7bc.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

A group of us saw Sound of Freedom last night. I thought we'd be the only ones there, and everyone else would be watching Indiana Jones. Our theater was absolutely packed.

It was the first movie I'd seen in the theater since Maverick. I was completely unfamiliar with Tim Ballard, the true story the movie was based on, and the obstacles to making the movie.

Absolutely fantastic. The story, the message, the awareness it intends to spread. It was refreshing to see a successful move that was made outside the typical Hollywood entertainment manufacturing process. The only caution I would warn of would be that it may inspire some to go on a mission to seek and destroy actual evil in the real world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 5:05 AM, gearhog said:

A group of us saw Sound of Freedom last night. I thought we'd be the only ones there, and everyone else would be watching Indiana Jones. Our theater was absolutely packed.

It was the first movie I'd seen in the theater since Maverick. I was completely unfamiliar with Tim Ballard, the true story the movie was based on, and the obstacles to making the movie.

Absolutely fantastic. The story, the message, the awareness it intends to spread. It was refreshing to see a successful move that was made outside the typical Hollywood entertainment manufacturing process. The only caution I would warn of would be that it may inspire some to go on a mission to seek and destroy actual evil in the real world.

Agreed!  Excellent movie!  

On 7/5/2023 at 12:42 PM, disgruntledemployee said:

Mark my words, if I was ever granted 3 wishes or stumbled upon a Notebook like Death Note, I'd say/write "all human traffickers in the world" and crack open a cold one.

Cheers

Indeed, and mark my word, in another decade we’ll be bombarded with the attempted normalization of pedophilia. They’ll even use the same playbook…”I was born this way, so how can it be wrong?”  “I feel like a child on the inside, so why can’t I be with one?”  “Who are you to get in the way of my happiness?”  “Love is love”

If you had told any one of us 10 years ago that dudes would be competing in NCAA women’s competitions, we would’ve said you’re crazy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, O Face said:

Indeed, and mark my word, in another decade we’ll be bombarded with the attempted normalization of pedophilia. They’ll even use the same playbook…”I was born this way, so how can it be wrong?”  “I feel like a child on the inside, so why can’t I be with one?”  “Who are you to get in the way of my happiness?”  “Love is love”

If you had told any one of us 10 years ago that dudes would be competing in NCAA women’s competitions, we would’ve said you’re crazy. 

image.png.7d3f1f10d084e2d1b8ac52f2a229c57a.png

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone ever watch battleship? watched it for the first time in awhile today and it was very entertaining despite the embellishment. 

great cast (2012 Rihanna was beautiful). CGI was decent and the way they portrayed the aliens was badass (maybe I only liked their armor because it reminded me of the halo days). definitely recommend if your into sci-fi/ end of the world.:M16:.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wikz said:

Anyone ever watch battleship? watched it for the first time in awhile today and it was very entertaining despite the embellishment. 

great cast (2012 Rihanna was beautiful). CGI was decent and the way they portrayed the aliens was badass (maybe I only liked their armor because it reminded me of the halo days). definitely recommend if your into sci-fi/ end of the world.:M16:.

Lol, that movie was dog shit. Every corny military trope in one movie. Liam Niessen wouldn't even get a haircut for it 😂🤣.

Good effects though. And Rhianna.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 10:19 PM, Lord Ratner said:

Lol, that movie was dog shit. Every corny military trope in one movie. Liam Niessen wouldn't even get a haircut for it 😂🤣.

Good effects though. And Rhianna.

No matter where Liam's character is from, North Dakota, Eastern Europe and etc...he's always rocking that Irish accent.  Lol.  #irishpride

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

Was that AI generated?

Yes. Guy who made it says he created a feature length movie only with text prompts in AI software. No, actors, no writers, no production, no designers, no special effects departments, just a computer. 

6 minutes ago, gearhog said:

Yes. Guy who made it says he created a feature length movie only with text prompts in AI software. No, actors, no writers, no production, no designers, no special effects departments, just a computer. 

I wonder if he's shown his work. The prompting to get the right output is an art in itself. 

9 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

I wonder if he's shown his work. The prompting to get the right output is an art in itself. 

He does. Amazing stuff. A couple examples of the prompts he uses for the AI to create scenes :

Filmstill Closeup, Masterfully crafted 38mm view from the remnants of an old overpass, now broken and suspended above the city's ruins. Vines snake around rusted car chassis and the remnants of a billboard which once advertised the marvels of the future. The golden hues of the setting sun glisten off the scattered remnants of shattered glass. Captured on classic Lomography film with a Minolta X-700, this visual sonnet speaks of urban dreams once held high, now returned to the embrace of the earth.

Filmstill Closeup highlights a sapphire-hued circular object, levitating above a clear jungle pond. Its glow disturbs the water beneath, creating ripples that emit soft electric blue sparks. Trees encircling the pond appear ancient, with their bark glowing subtly, showcasing intricate vein networks. Looming in the backdrop, a monumental stone figure with its hands outstretched, as if presenting the floating orb, adds a layer of biblical gravitas to the scene. The balance of shadows and light, taking cues from Roger Deakins, renders the image both surreal and haunting.

Edited by gearhog
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

The prompting to get the right output is an art in itself. 

Apparently they're called superprompts, and the new hotness is software design is building programs that create superprompts.  Humans designing software designed to help humans communicate with a computer that will communicate with humans.

What happens when you ask GPT to create a superprompt for GPT?

Edited by FourFans
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FourFans said:

Apparently they're called superprompts, and the new hotness is software design is building programs that create superprompts.  Humans designing software designed to help humans communicate with a computer that will communicate with humans.

What happens when you ask GPT to create a superprompt for GPT?

This is ultimately why I believe AI, at least in its current form, is massively overhyped.

AI can't create anything yet. It's just a very capable search engine, that can combine the results into one output. There are a ton of uses for this, but the jobs destroyed by AI are creating AI jobs required to create things like, for example, prompts.

So if you ask GPT to create a super prompt, it will fail, until there are enough human-created super prompts in its repository of data to output one.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gearhog said:

He does. Amazing stuff. A couple examples of the prompts he uses for the AI to create scenes :

Filmstill Closeup, Masterfully crafted 38mm view from the remnants of an old overpass, now broken and suspended above the city's ruins. Vines snake around rusted car chassis and the remnants of a billboard which once advertised the marvels of the future. The golden hues of the setting sun glisten off the scattered remnants of shattered glass. Captured on classic Lomography film with a Minolta X-700, this visual sonnet speaks of urban dreams once held high, now returned to the embrace of the earth.

Filmstill Closeup highlights a sapphire-hued circular object, levitating above a clear jungle pond. Its glow disturbs the water beneath, creating ripples that emit soft electric blue sparks. Trees encircling the pond appear ancient, with their bark glowing subtly, showcasing intricate vein networks. Looming in the backdrop, a monumental stone figure with its hands outstretched, as if presenting the floating orb, adds a layer of biblical gravitas to the scene. The balance of shadows and light, taking cues from Roger Deakins, renders the image both surreal and haunting.

Can you give me a link to where you found that? I poked around his YouTube page and didn't see it, and I'd like to dig in to what he's doing. I played around with midjourney last night and it is remarkable how much better it is than when we were playing around with stability AI on this forum several months ago.

14 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

Can you give me a link to where you found that? I poked around his YouTube page and didn't see it, and I'd like to dig in to what he's doing. I played around with midjourney last night and it is remarkable how much better it is than when we were playing around with stability AI on this forum several months ago.

I think I found it on his twitter account. Looks like he's using an AI software called Leonardo.Ai. Several more are tagged with #promptshare. Mindblowing stuff. You have to clink on the ALT in the lower left of the photos/vids to see the prompts.

Hopefully AI and Deep Fake will get rid of Hollywood actors.   Im tired of Leonardo DiCrapio and all of other "actors" that we're supposed to worship.   No more political, life or environmental advice from shitty actors.   

2 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Hopefully AI and Deep Fake will get rid of Hollywood actors.   Im tired of Leonardo DiCrapio and all of other "actors" that we're supposed to worship.   No more political, life or environmental advice from shitty actors.   

But will AI 'take a virtual knee' or make commercials on politics...itself!? Say for AI-rights, for AI itself, not right to utilize AI...interesting ethical ponderings

Rights-to-use example:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Blueprint-for-an-AI-Bill-of-Rights.pdf