WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

David Wood's editorial on why the military has too generous of a pay and benefits package. He toned down the language a little by removing the word 'lavish' from the headline of an earlier copy of the article and editing out some references to military members living at a much higher standard than other welfare recipients. According to his bio, he's been writing on the US military since 1970 and has risked his life by taking rides on a B52 and a B1. I have very little regard for anti-military journalists who focus their writing on the military. There are numerous examples of bad statistics and false assumptions in his editorial. Here's an example of his shoddy writing.

An Army captain with six years of service with the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Drum, earns $85,330.80 a year in pay and housing allowance -- not counting bonuses, tax-free danger pay for service in a war zone and other benefits. A brigadier (one-star) general at Fort Drum, with 16 years of service, is earning $131,652 a year plus a housing allowance of $2,247 per month.
Edited by HU&W

I know this is a Pepsi commercial, but with 10 million views in less than 72 hours, I'm sure the marketing folks at Chevrolet are pretty happy right now.

Bet the salesman had to go in to change his shorts.

The Thunderbirds are unemployed. Lets get one of them to go to a UPT base with a pepsi can. "So you call this a dollar ride?"

Edited by SuperWSO

4113584+_f8e8738b6c5b992751937717f2a53beb.jpg

It was posted about 4 or above yours. Thus, repost ops.

In reference to video by HU&W, and in response to suggestion by SuperWSO as well as story by amcflyboy about punking an IP, no one was punked in the commercial because that was fake from start to finish. Close Course. Professional Driver. Do Not Attempt. Elaboration, not repost.

Edited by addict

In reference to video by HU&W, and in response to suggestion by SuperWSO as well as story by amcflyboy about punking an IP, no one was punked in the commercial because that was fake from start to finish. Close Course. Professional Driver. Do Not Attempt. Elaboration, not repost.

Well the official story is that the dealership and everyone were in on it except the salesman. That's the part that wasn't faked.

Quibbling.

• Upvote 2

I stand by my assessment that this is far better (and free) advertising for Chevy than for Pepsi. Doesn't matter if it was no more real than the latest Spiderman movie. The production quality made it seem genuine. Far more men (and even more teenage boys) will walk away from watching that thinking "I want a Camaro" than "I'm thirsty for a Pepsi."

• Upvote 1

I stand by my assessment that this is far better (and free) advertising for Chevy than for Pepsi. Doesn't matter if it was no more real than the latest Spiderman movie. The production quality made it seem genuine. Far more men (and even more teenage boys) will walk away from watching that thinking "I want a Camaro" than "I'm thirsty for a Pepsi."

Agreed. I don't think I've ever associated Pepsi with going fast and ripping donuts. Camaros however I do!