WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

CGOC decides to hold a meeting in the bar prior to squadron roll call...

This right here is full of failures!

First, allowing the CGOC to have a meeting in the bar. Second, tainting the bar with the CGOC meeting right before a roll call. Third, just mentioning CGOC, bar and roll call in the same sentence.

:nob:

This right here is full of failures!

First, allowing the CGOC to have a meeting in the bar. Second, tainting the bar with the CGOC meeting right before a roll call. Third, just mentioning CGOC, bar and roll call in the same sentence.

:nob:

Is it failure if they have henceforth sworn never to show up at our roll call again? Our mayor took very good care of them... :drinking:

Guest 12XU2A3X3

Not sure why this qualifies as a "WTF"...

"wtf, why are they bothering raising it" was my thought. i'm not expert, but that would be quite a challenge to preserve.

I want to be shocked by this. I really want to, but I've become accustomed to this sort of behavior. Here's the link if you want to see what the $600,000 fairy looks like.

Gurgling Toad Sculptures and Your Money

We've all heard the line that we can't cut one cent from the Pentagon's budget. This argument, which comes mostly from Republican and "conservative" circles, supposes as Tom Woods puts it, only angels (or in this case magical fairies) run the Department of Defense.

Well, here's a story that might shake a few people's faith in the gospel of the DOD.

U.S. News is reporting that:

A $600,000 frog sculpture that lights up, gurgles "sounds of nature" and carries a 10-foot fairy girl on its back could soon be greeting Defense Department employees who plan to start working at the $700 million Mark Center in Alexandria, Va. this fall.

Yes, you read that correctly, a sculpture of a toad carrying a fairy along with a $600,000 price tag could be coming to a large DOD office near DC. Who said we were broke?

Despite concerns over the bizarrely high cost, the possibility of an oversized dollar-store trinket, and the idea for art at the new DOD center, was a local one. However, the Army Corp of Engineers would rather not scratch it from the building plans.

...in an E-mail, an Army Corps of Engineers official said that the decision can't be held up because it would impact completion of the huge project.

A bureaucracy at its most revealing.

As my Dad would say, "You have money to buy a sculpture of Tinker Bell's evil step-sister, but you don't have money to balance the federal budget."

"wtf, why are they bothering raising it" was my thought. i'm not expert, but that would be quite a challenge to preserve.

I would travel a long way to see a BOB era DO17 in person...I think it's awsome they're raising it. Glad you posted it, was just curious why you gave it the old WTF...

hey now, it all depends on your sources as to where we should point the finger for this 600,000 sculpture...

http://nation.foxnews.com/pentagon/2011/04/01/obama-administration-spending-600000-gurgling-toad-sculpture

funny how the news can sound so different, yet report the exact same thing.

Now c'mon, we all know Fox News is fair and balanced and the ONLY news organization that tells the truth... never with any leanings to one side or the other.

My guess is Obama personally mandated the sculpture and threatened to convene a death panel on senior citizens if it wasn't included.

• Upvote 1

Leathernecks...

I have to admit, the first thing I thought was "How does CH happen to come across something like that?"

Just sayin'...

I have to admit, the first thing I thought was "How does CH happen to come across something like that?"

Just sayin'...

Valid shot, however,...

Having done a two exchange tours with the USMC, I am often forwarded stuff touting their accomplishments and highlighting their failures.

Valid shot, however,...

Having done a two exchange tours with the USMC, I am often forwarded stuff touting their accomplishments and highlighting their failures.

Just bustin' balls. I got this too.