Capt Malinda Hammond IS My Hero!

M2

I would discourage emailing the guy for several reasons.

First off, he is a SMSgt and probably set in his ways - enough so to write in to a national publication to share (i.e. try to enforce) his opinions. The fact that a Captain with half his time in service emails him is probably not going to sway his decision.

Second, if this guy is a big enough douche to write in to AF Times to call out somebody about a morale patch, he's probably a big enough douche to find your commander and dime you out for going out of your chain of command and/or being unprofessional...regardless of how professional your message may be.

Last, yours likely isn't the only e-mail he's going to get. Let me tell you from experience that when do something that is seen by many, people have feel the need to call or e-mail you about their opinions on the subject. After a while you just start to ignore them.

Excellent advice. Trust me, this guy would not think twice about diming out an O.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FUBAR
I guess the reg nazis are gonna bust on this guy as well...what's he know about being a warrior?!?

080711-F-2608C-042.jpg

Funny, no one has even mentioned his shirt...

Guest boxoffice44

Saw her several times at Bagram - she has a cute "tushy"! She can wear any sort of patch she chooses!

In more morale patch wearing news, Holy S, how could this Lt head off to war while wearing an LPA patch? This time it's on the af.mil homepage no less and in front of his son! I'm just waiting for the clerks to lunge on this one.

post-500-1217172417_thumb.jpg

In more morale patch wearing news, Holy S, how could this Lt head off to war while wearing an LPA patch? This time it's on the af.mil homepage no less and in front of his son! I'm just waiting for the clerks to lunge on this one.

It's almost like his kid is giving the camera that "Fuck you if you don't like my daddy's LPA patch!" look! :thumbsup::rock::salut:

Cheers! M2

Okay my time to be clueless...whats LPA stand for?

Normally, I would :bash: someone for asking a question without searching, but I see the search mechanism did not return anything for 'LPA.'

So, to answer your question ... LPA = Lieutenant Protection Association. :rock:

Cheers! M2

Okay my time to be clueless...whats LPA stand for?

Last time I saw one of those our OG/CC walked up and said... "What does LPA stand for?"

LT: "LT Protection Association! "

OG-CC: "Hum, I don't know about that"... OG/CC walks off.

Me: "Hey man, not sure if you got that, but what he said was: take it off now, I will be back in 2 minutes to check..."

LT: "really?"

2 minutes later OG/CC did come back around to check...

Guess some guys just don't have enough real work to keep themselves occupied..

Damn dude, even I know that...

It's Little Peckers Anonymous!

Normally, I would :bash: someone for asking a question without searching, but I see the search mechanism did not return anything for 'LPA.'

So, to answer your question ... LPA = Lieutenant Protection Association. :rock:

Cheers! M2

Wohoo conflicting information. I'm gonna go with M2's version.

Guest DmodelBUF
I would discourage emailing the guy for several reasons.

First off, he is a SMSgt and probably set in his ways - enough so to write in to a national publication to share (i.e. try to enforce) his opinions. The fact that a Captain with half his time in service emails him is probably not going to sway his decision.

Second, if this guy is a big enough douche to write in to AF Times to call out somebody about a morale patch, he's probably a big enough douche to find your commander and dime you out for going out of your chain of command and/or being unprofessional...regardless of how professional your message may be.

Last, yours likely isn't the only e-mail he's going to get. Let me tell you from experience that when do something that is seen by many, people have feel the need to call or e-mail you about their opinions on the subject. After a while you just start to ignore them.

Of course, there is no way a "professional" (?) shoe clerk can dime an old fart retiree avi8tor! So, if he reads this he can STICK IT!

-The old BUF nav

Guest DmodelBUF
OH GOD !!! His sleeves are rolled up, get a rope. :thumbsup:

Ugh.......... :bash:

This reminds me of a story that I heard as a young green-ass Lt way back in the last century.

When McDill (one a day in Tampa Bay) AFB was a SAC B-47 base, it had two SAC wings there. The two WG/CCs hated each other. One, a certified shoe clerk even though he was a pilot, was always chewing out the other's crew dogs for uniform violations. (See, shoe clerks have a long and sorry history.)

It so happened that one day at lunch at the club was my friend, a B-47 nav in the good guy's wing. As he was eating, the shoe clerk wing CC points out, in a loud enough for all to hear voice, that my buddy's flight suit zipper in unzipped too far. As he chewed him out, the clerk concluded with, "and what do you have to say for yourself, Captain?"

My friends replied in an equally loud voice, "Colonel, your fly is unzipped!"

The clerk fled the scene. My friend's WG/CC bought him drinks for the month!

May such things happen to all the clerks!

-The old, fat, bald retired BUF crew dog....

• 5 weeks later...

Airman Magazine Online

Link to an article where someone responds to SMSgt Kost's comments.

This comment is in regard to the “inappropriate patch” comment in Airman magazine

[July/August 2008]. The only thing inappropriate was Senior Master Sgt. Joe Kost’s need to find something to complain about. FUBAR has been around so long, it’s become ingrained in the military life as has SNAFU and Tango Uniform. The only dichotomy is his desire to praise the article while ridiculing the captain. If the captain is out there putting her life on the line while representing our country, then I give her a huge “sierra hotel.” I won’t begrudge her patch just as I wouldn’t begrudge Vietnam War Soldiers a peace symbol on their helmets. There’s nothing inappropriate with the photo for Airman magazine to be ashamed of. Shame will only come if you chose not to publish photos like the one in question. That would be inappropriate censorship in my honest opinion.

Retired Master Sgt. A. McMonnies

Randolph Air Force Base, Texas

3.2.5.6. Add-On Patches. MAJCOMs will publish guidance on wear of add-on patches (i.e., flying

hour milestone, instructor, flight examiner scroll, etc). Campaign/exercise patches are not

authorized.

We ran a 4-day exercise off-station in the spring, and half the squadron bought and wore custom patches for the duration of it. Our LtCol DO was all for it. Small victories.

"Flying Through Midnight" should be required reading for this kind of crap as well.

"Flying Through Midnight" should be required reading for this kind of crap as well.

Unfortunately, there are still too many LtCol Desktop's around the CAF......some things don't change in nearly 40 years.

You know, reading this thread is just sad. Since I first posted in the 'Deid thread back on page 10 or so I keep thinking "it can't get any worse than that", but it does... I know, I've been out since '91, but what the hell has happened to our Air Force? Who's running this show, some liberal pansy-assed touchy-feely college professors, afraid to hurt somebody's feelings? Somebody call Berkeley and let them know that we've found them and would be happy to send them back - or anywhere...

Now I was just a crew chief, didn't spend much time in the Squadron bar (and very thankful that you guys let me wander through here now and then) but these are the guys that my last fighter squadron looked up to.

phanrang67.jpg

614th TFS Lucky Devils at Phan Rang AB, Christmas eve 1967

They were long before our time in the AF, but we could use more of them around today. I think some of you here would fit right in.

Think these guys wore reflective belts on the flightline, or saluted in while in their 'PT uniforms'?

luckydevilsdame.jpg

Mike Kopack

Proud ex-Lucky Devils Maintainer

Edited by MKopack

I guess I can second this post and add one of those colored flags and the little yellow varmints thumping each other on the head....The painting reminds me of when our painting got banished from the back of the bar at the all ranks club...that was roughly when things started getting more "sporting". Getting an invite into the ladies locker room for a little snort from time to time helped make up for it. HOWEVER...I have been watching you tube with the mid-air singing/dancing crew dogs etc. and it SEEMS that you guys may be having a little more fun than you let on and I didn't realize it but that Died place is in Quatar for Christ sake. There has always been the saluting of staff cars and bitching about haircuts etc. although how a general could write "successfully implemented scarf policy" on an "efficiency" report with a straight face and not get kicked out of the service is a true puzzle. Let them have the small things...they could be spending their time screwing up something really important.

....................."stop it you CZI"......

• 1 month later...
Airman Magazine Online

Link to an article where someone responds to SMSgt Kost's comments.

This comment is in regard to the “inappropriate patch” comment in Airman magazine

[July/August 2008]. The only thing inappropriate was Senior Master Sgt. Joe Kost’s need to find something to complain about. FUBAR has been around so long, it’s become ingrained in the military life as has SNAFU and Tango Uniform. The only dichotomy is his desire to praise the article while ridiculing the captain. If the captain is out there putting her life on the line while representing our country, then I give her a huge “sierra hotel.” I won’t begrudge her patch just as I wouldn’t begrudge Vietnam War Soldiers a peace symbol on their helmets. There’s nothing inappropriate with the photo for Airman magazine to be ashamed of. Shame will only come if you chose not to publish photos like the one in question. That would be inappropriate censorship in my honest opinion.

Retired Master Sgt. A. McMonnies

Randolph Air Force Base, Texas

Buy that man a beer...or ten!!! :beer: