Gun Talk

VL-16

307qh79.jpg

There's an interesting story behind that pic...

For those that don't know. http://www.ajc.com/n...eam-memb/nQKwH/ I'm guessing, these two won't be posing for any pics together anytime soon.

Proves the saying, no matter how hot she is, someone is tired of fucking her.

Is there a point to posting all those Jessie Abbate pics, other than she is attractive and a damn good shot?

FIFY

Edited by SocialD

For those that don't know. http://www.ajc.com/n...eam-memb/nQKwH/ I'm guessing, these two won't be posing for any pics together anytime soon. Proves the saying, no matter how hot she is, some is tired of fucking her. FIFY

That's it.

OK, I am NOT an AR guy; but a bunch of my coworkers went in on a PMAG group buy and now several are having problems with them. They say the lips are too tall and are preventing the bolts from cycling (forward or back). I figured a Dremel would be a quick solution but they say it would require removing so much that the lips wouldn't keep the rounds in the magazines.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this before and could offer any help...

OK, I got some bad intel. First, these were ProMags not PMAGs. This group was buying some of the latter but the issues are with the former. Secondly, these are the 40-round magazines.

Hopefully all that Duracoat stays good looking after they actually shoot that thing. Despite the mixing of at least three different aircraft type markings from two different time periods and theaters of operation, too.

Reminds me of this old air racer (which was intentionally painted as a mash-up of as many different Mustang squadron and group markings that he could pack on to one aircraft):

POST--RWKd--550-C73-31.jpg

Edited by Hacker

Another pathetic ATF operation... This is pretty irritatiing to me; I used to live about two blocks from where they set up shop. It's a fairly decent neighborhood, so I don't really appreciate them trying to attract dirt bags there on purpose!

ATF's Milwaukee sting operation marred by mistakes, failures

A store calling itself Fearless Distributing opened early last year on an out-of-the-way street in Milwaukee's Riverwest neighborhood, offering designer clothes, athletic shoes, jewelry and drug paraphernalia.

Those working behind the counter, however, weren't interested in selling anything.

They were undercover agents from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives running a storefront sting aimed at busting criminal operations in the city by purchasing drugs and guns from felons.

But the effort to date has not snared any major dealers or taken down a gang. Instead, it resulted in a string of mistakes and failures, including an ATF military-style machine gun landing on the streets of Milwaukee and the agency having $35,000 in merchandise stolen from its store, a Journal Sentinel investigation has found.

When the 10-month operation was shut down after the burglary, agents and Milwaukee police officers who participated in the sting cleared out the store but left behind a sensitive document that listed names, vehicles and phone numbers of undercover agents.

And the agency remains locked in a battle with the building's owner, who says he is owed about $15,000 because of utility bills, holes in the walls, broken doors and damage from an overflowing toilet.

The sting resulted in charges being filed against about 30 people, most for low-level drug sales and gun possession counts. But agents had the wrong person in at least three cases. In one, they charged a man who was in prison - as a result of an earlier ATF case - at the time agents said he was selling drugs to them.

Other cases reveal that the agency's operation was paying such high prices that some defendants bought guns from stores such as Gander Mountain and sold them to the agents for a quick profit.

Guns stolen from ATF SUV

As the gun and drug buys continued, the operation went awry. In September, an agent parked his Ford Explorer at the Alterra on N. Humboldt Blvd., about a half mile away, with three ATF guns stored in a metal box in the back.

About 3 p.m. Sept. 13, an Alterra employee spotted three men breaking into the Explorer. They stole three guns: a Smith & Wesson 9mm handgun, a Sig Sauer .40-caliber pistol and an M-4 .223-caliber fully automatic rifle. They also made off with ammunition and an ATF radio, according to a police report. It does not appear from the reports that the agent was at Alterra at the time of the break-in.

A major push began to find the weapons and the men who stole them, police records show. Two men were quickly arrested. An informant told police one of the suspects was showing off the guns and eight magazines of ammunition shortly after the vehicle burglary, according to police records.

One of the suspects hid the machine gun under a bed and took the handguns with him. He was questioned by police and refused to talk. He was released. No one has been charged in the burglary of the ATF guns, according to Milwaukee County Assistant District Attorney Karen Loebel. She declined to say if charges would be coming.

The ATF soon had one of its stolen guns back, however.

The very next day, according to court documents, 19-year-old Marquise Jones contacted agents at Fearless Distributing and sold the Sig Sauer - and another unrelated handgun - back to agents.

The price: $1,400.

But Jones would not be arrested for two months. And when he was, it was not for the theft. His name does not appear on the police reports related to the vehicle break-in. He was charged with having a stolen gun.

Meanwhile, the hunt for the machine gun and the other stolen handgun continues.

The day after the burglary, Salkin and his wife met with an ATF supervisor, who assured them that they would take care of everything.

Salkin said by going over on the $800 a month utility allotment and damage to walls, doors and carpeting, the ATF owes him about $15,000, which includes a month of lost rent.

The ATF has balked, saying there was less than $3,200 in damage and telling Salkin to return the security deposit. They told him to file a claim with the federal government and warned him to stop contacting them.

In an email to Salkin, ATF attorney Patricia Cangemi wrote, "If you continue to contact the Agents after being so advised your contacts may be construed as harassment under the law. Threats or harassment of a Federal Agent is of grave concern. Utilizing the telephone or a computer to perpetrate threats or harassment is also a serious matter."

Nunziato said he worked in undercover ATF storefront operations in the 1980s near Detroit. He said they too didn't tell the landlord, but when they left, they fixed the property to make it as good or better than when they moved in. Nunziato said he could not fathom the Milwaukee agents just walking away from a damaged building.

"To back up a toilet? Not paying bills? And then damaging the building?" he said. "It seems like the planning of this case was not done very well. Looks like it was done as they went along."

The Riverwest neighborhood where ATF ran its operation is a mix of Milwaukee bungalows, flats and duplexes, with many longtime homeowners mingled with renters. A few bars are sprinkled in the area along with the tannery and Salkin's former sign company.

The area has rallied against crime, lobbying to get a drug house closed. Neighbors developed a tight bond with their beat cop after a homicide occurred several blocks to the north.

"It's a whole mix of people here and that is what I really love," said Lorraine Jacobs, a resident for 27 years. "I wouldn't want to live anywhere else."

Jacobs and others feel betrayed by the ATF operation bringing drug dealers and gun sellers to their area.

"I feel like we were fooled, taken advantage of," she said. "It is unfortunate for our neighborhood. We are trying to bring it up and we are close to that. We just didn't need this."

Not surprising, I recently renewed my 03 FFL (C&R) and it was a circus. First, the ATF lost my paperwork; then I got ahold of the examiner and was told I could email it to him. I did and didn't hear anything for a couple of days, so I emailed him to make sure he got it. He claims he didn't, so I resent it to the same email address and this time he got it.

While we were on the phone and he was looking up my account, he mumbled something about a disorderly conduct charge in 1983. I was "WTF?!?" as I was stationed in the UK at the time and while I was involved in some shenanigans, I was never formally charged for any of it. He responded he was looking at someone else's account, which makes me wonder who else has got my same FFL or SSN?!?

I remained courteous and respectful the entire time, but I was tempted to go off on the guy. Honestly, this is all this particular office does. I wondered if they were staffed by former USAF MPF or Finance personnel!

And the kicker, while they lost my original paperwork; they did manage to deposit my payment!

Cheers! M2

And the kicker, while they lost my original paperwork; they did manage to deposit my payment!

That sums it up right there. I have had similar experiences with the DMV.

"Oh that's what you wanted to do? We can't even do that."

"So why did you cash my check?"

"Well you will be getting a refund."

"Oh good. When can I expect that?"

"90 days."

:bash:

:rock:

http://www.wxyz.com/...t#ixzz2JmzwuMFf

Martin Luther King Jr. High School coach shoots attackers

Police sources tell 7 Action News that a women's basketball coach from Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School shot two men who attacked him as he was walking two basketball players to their cars in the school parking lot. Police sources say the coach was walking the two girls to their cars when two men allegedly approached and one pulled out a gun and grabbed him by his chain necklace. The coach then pulled out his gun and shot both of them, according to sources. The man who shot the attackers was 70 years old, according to police. One of the attackers was found dead in the median on Lafayette Boulevard, and the other was taken to a local hospital, according to police sources. We've learned that both of the men had attended the high school, and one had been recently expelled. Police sources say the coach has a Concealed Pistol License and is reportedly a reserve police officer. They say he is fully cooperating with authorities. Crime scene tape could be seen on Lafayette Boulevard and also around the back parking lot of the school near the gym. Students could be seen being walked to their cars late Friday night.

• Upvote 5

That's just sad! I remember in FFA, we had a kid bring in a muzzle loader and demonstrate how to load one for a instructional presentation (no powder or ammo...just simulated). But then again, having a gun wasn't a big deal where I grew up, because most of us had handled a gun since early elementary. It also wasn't uncommon to have guns in our cars for hunting groundhogs on the way to and from school. I'm guessing that wouldn't fly anymore. Somehow we never had a gun related incident...probably because they knew most of us would run to our cars and get our weapons.

For time reference, this was late 90s/early 2000s.

If you want a 'real' safe then get a Graffunder, Brown Safe, or something else with a TL-15 rating or higher--unfortunately it will cost you as it's heavy duty steel. Most options out there are UL rated 'RSC' for Residential Security Container which means it can withstand 5 minutes of attack before being comprised. Don't be fooled by the gimmicks that don't add much (if any) additional security features. You get what you pay for.

Edit--'Patriot Safes' were previously under a different name and I did some research on the company a couple years ago and found almost all the reviews to be pretty bad as the company had very poor customer service.

Edited by HeloDude

I was in the same boat a few years ago. I believe form should follow function and I ended up with a Sturdy Safe. The thing is built like a tank. It's not the prettiest safe on the market mind you, but they are a hell of a deal for what you get. I got a medium sized one with fire protection.

www.sturdysafe.com

Get the biggest one you can afford.