Gun Talk

VL-16

They offer tours?

I believe so by prior arrangement, especially military. The ones I know that have been as a group of mil folks and I believe Ronnie Barrett or his daughter gave the tour. They have a gun shop next door called The Outpost where they sell their rifles and everything else. A little expensive, but a pretty nice selection. I have bought from them and had my Bud's purchase shipped there.

ETA: my understanding is their security is fairly tight and serious

Edited by herkbum

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/buffalo-public-schools/associates-defend-man-who-had-gun-in-school-20140207

A-hole that advocated for the NY SAFE Act caught with firearm (that he had a permit to carry...go figure) in a school now doesn't want to be prosecuted under the SAFE Act provisions. Sad because the guy actually seems like a good dude (aside from his contradictory veiws on guns) that actively tries to help his community is now facing 2 felony charges.

Quote from the article that proves these people are insane:

Some of Ferguson’s supporters echoed similar criticism, saying that carrying a weapon meant Ferguson could have helped police in the event there was a gunman actually threatening students.

“Dwayne probably was in a position to help the police not knowing that he was the one they were looking for,” said George Johnson, president of Buffalo United Front,

• Upvote 2

Anyone used any of the Wolf Gold .223 for target ammo? I try to stay away from the foreign stuff especially since .223 is pretty easy to get these days, but I've read some good reports about it online and have seen some pretty decent deals on 1000 rd cases of the stuff. You just never know if the guys throwing out the good reviews happen to have a few pallets of the stuff in their shop that they're trying to unload.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/buffalo-public-schools/associates-defend-man-who-had-gun-in-school-20140207

A-hole that advocated for the NY SAFE Act caught with firearm (that he had a permit to carry...go figure) in a school now doesn't want to be prosecuted under the SAFE Act provisions. Sad because the guy actually seems like a good dude (aside from his contradictory veiws on guns) that actively tries to help his community is now facing 2 felony charges.

Didn't know he had the holstered weapon on him? Uh huh.

I wonder who made the anonymous call...

Edited by Spoo

Anyone used any of the Wolf Gold .223 for target ammo? I try to stay away from the foreign stuff especially since .223 is pretty easy to get these days, but I've read some good reports about it online and have seen some pretty decent deals on 1000 rd cases of the stuff. You just never know if the guys throwing out the good reviews happen to have a few pallets of the stuff in their shop that they're trying to unload.

Ive used the Wolf gold more than any other ammo in both my .223's...it's a good compromise between cheap ammo and super high quality. If you can find a good deal on 500/1000 bundles I'd take it, thankfully the deals are becoming more common

Didn't know he had the holstered weapon on him? Uh huh.

I wonder who made the anonymous call...

I think he quickly figured out why the school was in lock down and was hoping he could slip by. I bet the call was made by some pissed off gun-owner, considering how much of an ass-pain the new law is for them. Edited by Fuzz

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed the amount of different firearms magazines (the periodical kind) on the market now? Last time I was at the BX, must have seen nearly two dozen different ones. I can't remember seeing that many before. Twenty years ago it seemed like Guns & Ammo, Shotgun News, plus a few others were it. But the citizen control types assure us gun ownership and interest is on the wane in the U.S....

Yep. Airplane mags are on the decrease (on USAF bases!) but gun rags are multiplying. And which one can't you have on most bases because obviously you can't be trusted with it; only mulit-million dollar winged things or systems.

On a separate note; anyone shot the nylon jacketed stuff Cabela's sells? Just bout 200 round, for $12.99 per 50 in 9mm.

Any issues with it?

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2014/02/12/1056971.pdf

For the TL:DR crowd the US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit reversed/remanded San Diego County's "good cause" requirement for issuing concealed carry permits. It's a pretty huge blow to anti-gun legislation in California as a whole. It will probably take a long time for this to trickle down, but the precedence has been set now. Good luck to California.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone signed up for the Mil discount for Leupold? About how long was the turn around for approval?

I've been waiting for about two weeks already and just hoping I can get the optic ordered and delivered before I head to the sandbox in 3 weeks.

No info, but questions: What do you want to order? Do you know how much their mil discounts are?

Different related question on optics: Anybody checked out the reviews written on Trijicon's new VCOG? Looks pretty damn sweet...pretty damn expensive too.

No info, but questions: What do you want to order? Do you know how much their mil discounts are?

Different related question on optics: Anybody checked out the reviews written on Trijicon's new VCOG? Looks pretty damn sweet...pretty damn expensive too.

Looking for a Mk4 3.5-10x40 and maybe a spotting scope.

I haven't gotten approved yet so nothing solid on pricing, but I've heard it's a significant amount off (rumor is 50%).

Picked this Ruger Mk III up today for a Jackson under three Benjamins...

136d7e78-6817-48a7-a36a-ef0c2516dae5_zps

1795535_459544060839182_1013603667_n_zps

I've always wanted one and this will probably satisfy my hunger for a GSG .22LR 1911. Will try and get to the range tomorrow, been out of the country for the past few weeks and I am overdue for putting some holes in paper...

Oh, and this made me chuckle!

3271d1393105633t-funny-pics-make-you-lau

Cheers! M2

Picked this Ruger Mk III up today for a Jackson under three Benjamins...

136d7e78-6817-48a7-a36a-ef0c2516dae5_zps

1795535_459544060839182_1013603667_n_zps

I've always wanted one and this will probably satisfy my hunger for a GSG .22LR 1911. Will try and get to the range tomorrow, been out of the country for the past few weeks and I am overdue for putting some holes in paper...

Oh, and this made me chuckle!

3271d1393105633t-funny-pics-make-you-lau

Cheers! M2

Great shooter but a small nightmare to take down and clean.

I just bore snake mine to avoid wanting to grow it through he window trying to put it back together. Weirdest takedown procedure I've ever seen out of a modern handgun.

Looking for a Mk4 3.5-10x40 and maybe a spotting scope.

I haven't gotten approved yet so nothing solid on pricing, but I've heard it's a significant amount off (rumor is 50%).

I grabbed a Mark AR and some accessories from this program in Dec. Savings hovered around 40% from their 2013 Mil/LE price list; I haven't seen the 2014 price list to see if anything has changed. Once I submitted my order, it took about 4 weeks to receive everything. They never forwarded any tracking numbers so I had no idea it shipped until it showed up on my doorstep.

Good deal overall, I would order more if my wallet could take the punishment!

-9-

Great shooter but a small nightmare to take down and clean.

I just bore snake mine to avoid wanting to grow it through he window trying to put it back together. Weirdest takedown procedure I've ever seen out of a modern handgun.

Disagree. Yes, takedown is strange. But once you get it down, it's fast, easy, and requires no tools. There are a few good youtube videos that show the required TTP's.

Disagree. Yes, takedown is strange. But once you get it down, it's fast, easy, and requires no tools. There are a few good youtube videos that show the required TTP's.

You should not have to bang a gun into a table repeatedly to get internal parts to line up.

There is a difference between strange and just stupid.

Edited by Lawman