Who is "Doom?"

BolterKing

I think Winchester is absolutely right. There's things all over the interwebz a la Wikipedia, etc but that doesn't make it smart to talk about in certain settings (BODN being one of them). That's not being overdramatic IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hispeed7721

Even if open source information is available, one of us saying "yeah that's my jet" essentially confirms the info as valid.

Except no one here actually did that. Google works fine instead of asking the question directly...which was my point. Even AF PA might tell you the answer.

Just because shit is out there doesn't mean we should be in the business of confirming or denying.

that was more a jab at the op not googling it then the OPSEC discussion.

if they dug through google to find this place, im sure they would have found that article eventually

If you're using the same call-sign over and over on a non-secure net, well who's fault is that? It's funny, this exact discussion happened in Vietnam concerning Sandy and Jollygreen, the squadron commanders at the time felt that the enemy probably already knew they shot down an airplane and it was more important for the friendlies to know that the professionals had arrived and to clear the way. If you're that concerned with OPSEC, use rotating call-signs on un-secure nets, only use "your" call-sign when encrypted, or just just change everyone's call-sign every couple days.

This argument reminds me about people getting butt hurt over burning TAD freqs, yet they'll label the radio with what they're using it for, either way you're giving the enemy info.