Marine Fighter Squadron Told To Nix Crusader Patch/Emblem

Royal

Considering the discussions on the course at the JFSC and the kid getting all bent out of shape about not being allowed to wear the flag, I figured this deserved its own thread.

Summary: the SQ had been the Crusaders for 50 years, changed to the Werewolves over concern that pictures of Crusaders wouldn't win hearts and minds, changed back to the Crusaders, then back to the Werewolves.

http://usnews.msnbc....back-again?lite

It wasn't their decision...

"The deputy commandant for aviation (Lt. Gen. Terry Robling) directed VMFA 122 to maintain the unit identification as the Werewolves...

Although some of the complaints were from Marines actually in the squadron.

And Mikey Weinstein, you're a douchebag! :flipoff:

"This is a great victory. Lady liberty is smiling today," said Mikey Weinstein, president and founder of foundation. "We commend the Marine Corps," he said, but added: "The Marines Corps does not get a gold star for doing the right thing because they shouldn’t have done the wrong thing in the first place."

Thread title edited for clarity.

"The Marines Corps does not get a gold star for doing the right thing because they shouldn’t have done the wrong thing in the first place."

Yea, cause 50 years ago this douchebag would have had the foresight to see that "Crusaders" might be considered PIC by some people in the future. What a fvcking self righteous toolbag.

I'm sure the Marines would be very sad about not receiving said 'gold star' if they weren't busy shooting terrorists in the face. Maybe Weinstein should consider focusing more of his efforts on kindergarteners where his gold stars would be so much more appreciated.

"I don’t know that the Marine Corps could do anything more to fuel the cause of jihad," Weinstein told msnbc.com in April. "It will directly end up costing lives and maiming members of our military."

Having a Marine Fighter Squadron named "Crusaders" is totally fueling the fires of jihadism........totally.

Weinstein can go F^&K himself.

my old squadron, and ironically the commandant of the corps "Tamer" Amos was in the Crusaders same time as me (LtCol at the time), so i am sure he approved of the Crusaders moniker..

I know i'd rather take a JDAM to the face from an airplane with insignia's sensitive to my beliefs...

• Upvote 1

WOW! We need to take back our country!

Does anyone bother reading history anymore? Muslims took over the Holy Lands by force and the Crusades were a reactionary war to retake the lands conquered by the Muslims. The Muslims had the same motivations, yet somehow Crusader is the term that developed the negative interpretation.

United States Air Force Academy Academy of the Air Force?

Holy shit!

fvckin eh right brother.

AKA the USAFA Academy of witchcraft and wizardry according to fvckstein.

United States Air Force Academy Academy of the Air Force?

Holy shit!

The partner with University of Maryland University College to help busy LTs complete their MBAs in time for the captains board.

YHGBFKM!!!

Heaven forbid we go to war allied with Denmark, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Norway, Portugal, Spain, or Sweden since they all have crosses on their flags because that would be somehow endorse the massacre of Muslims centuries ago. That will be the huge difference in the next war.

Weinstein, you are a complete waste of skin and oxygen. Get off the planet at the next stop...come to think of it, you should get off before then...

• Upvote 1