First female 4-star

Is it a typo or did she really make it form Major Gen to Lt Gen in ~6 months?

http://www.af.mil/in....asp?bioID=8209

That's no typo, I used to lurk the halls of AFMC HQ and was pretty shocked by it myself but she was picked to be AFMC/CV and I guess a lowly 2 star can't hold that position (sts). She's career acquisitions though and the differences between the acquisitions and operations side of the AF are like night and day.

Enough! Seriously, venting about [fill in the blank] seems to be the most common pastime on the site, but these kind of personal attacks are just childish. If we can’t muster some professional courtesy how about just some common decency? This woman has been putting on the nation’s cloth for more than thirty years and she deserves better than to have a bunch of keyboard warriors making snide comments about her. BTW, I have never met the woman and don’t know anything about her beyond what’s posted in her bio.

Enough! Seriously, venting about [fill in the blank] seems to be the most common pastime on the site, but these kind of personal attacks are just childish. If we can’t muster some professional courtesy how about just some common decency? This woman has been putting on the nation’s cloth for more than thirty years and she deserves better than to have a bunch of keyboard warriors making snide comments about her. BTW, I have never met the woman and don’t know anything about her beyond what’s posted in her bio.

You're no fun.

• Upvote 1

^^ sounds like an Acquisitions person to me. Back to Payless, please...

If it ain't Big Safari, acquisitions in the AF is a disaster. Ref F-35.

SHACK!!

Back on topic...why is this news?? I am sure some bad-ass airmen did some pretty cool shit in the AOR today. Where is the story on that?? Instead we are treated to a full spread on the whereabouts of Ray Nitchske's long lost son.

Having said that, the comments on the af.mil story are hilarious..."A couple of observations on reading her bio and seeing her official photo I find it interesting that it's possible to achieve the highest grade in the Air Force without ever being deployed and to have been assigned to the same base albeit different organizations and assignments for more than half of a career."

and

"Congrats to her...quite the honor if confirmed. But how does an active-duty officer spend 24 consecutive years going back and forth between DC and Ohio Apparently creative had nothing for her."

Lastly...

austin-powers-man-baby.jpg

• Upvote 1

Back on topic...why is this news?? I am sure some bad-ass airmen did some pretty cool shit in the AOR today. Where is the story on that?? Instead we are treated to a full spread on the whereabouts of Ray Nitchske's long lost son.

LMAO!

Thanks for the new signature.

SOS and ACSC by correspondence...so no Maxwell, ever?

I caught that too. If she was a dude and a bag wearer you guys would be singing praises about how she didn't play the game and still made it to the top.

zb