Baseops Forums
slacker

WTF? (**NSFW**)

“If you have a contrail that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek meteorological attention.”

(As seen on another site... excellent quote)

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Haha 3

Is there really a CVR in an F-18G?  Or are we talking about some kind of mission debrief asset that records comm, tactical displays, etc. at the command of the crew actually in the jet?

8 hours ago, JeremiahWeed said:

Is there really a CVR in an F-18G?  Or are we talking about some kind of mission debrief asset that records comm, tactical displays, etc. at the command of the crew actually in the jet?

Can't speak for the Growler, but when I was leaving the F-15E they were retrofitting the fleet with solid-state digital recorders that simultaneously recorded all of the displays and all the comm for debrief.  Sort of a digital super-VTR.

I'm sure that's what they're talking about, and not a "CVR".

7 hours ago, Shazaam said:

We must have some Dumb & Dumber folks in the ranks for stuff like this to keep happening.

You’d be surprised some of the dumb shit sailors will do.

Sailors ranked female crew and the sex acts they wanted to perform with them, Navy report says
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2019/05/19/sailors-ranked-female-crew-sex-acts-they-wanted-perform-with-them-navy-report-says/
We must have some Dumb & Dumber folks in the ranks for stuff like this to keep happening.
If you want to send kids to die for their country, you can't be surprised when when the people charged with dying for their country act like kids.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

UFB. The level of dumassery available out there never ceases to amaze me. This genius decides to stick multiple balloons of what has become a legalized drug in more than half our country up his ass - while hiding frickin meth in his car.  Never mind the firearm antics.  Moron. 🙄

I think this idiot might qualify for a Darwin award if he can no longer add to the gene pool.

• Haha 1

"And another balloon of marijuana slipped from his anus."

NOW it's a party!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Passenger guilty of performing sex act during flight from LA to SA

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/passenger-guilty-for-performing-sex-act-during-flight-from-los-angeles-to-san-antonio-airport

Officers interviewed Gonzalez’s wife, who was on the flight as well and admitted that she “played with it” during the flight, the affidavit stated.

• Downvote 1

Objects in mirror are larger than they appear:

Edited by brickhistory
  • Confused 1

If you read this in a novel you would give it one star for making it impossible for the reader to suspend disbelief:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28976/italian-cops-raid-neo-fascists-and-find-air-to-air-missile-that-france-had-sold-to-qatar

I've definitely seen/taken one of those home. We have one or more in our building right now

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Just to note, it wasn't me... :moon:

Secondly, expended missile launchers are not tough to find.

Thank God we have TSA keeping us safe from all these "threats!" :bash: