WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Since this isn't that shocking, maybe it isn't a WTF? moment.

Afghanistan president receives large sums of cash from Iran. States that "this is normal."

KABUL, Afghanistan — President Hamid Karzai on Monday confirmed that Afghanistan was receiving cash payments from Iran but insisted the funding was "normal".

Citing two Afghan officials, The New York Times reported Sunday how Iran's ambassador to Afghanistan gave Karzai's chief of staff "a large plastic bag bulging with packets of euro bills " on a flight in August.

The newspaper said the cash was "part of a secret, steady stream of Iranian cash intended to ... promote Iran's interests in the presidential palace." Western and Afghan officials allege that "Iran uses its influence to help drive a wedge between the Afghans and their American and NATO benefactors," the Times said.

When asked about the allegations at a press conference in Kabul on Monday, Karzai said: "We have accepted cash payments from Iranian, large sums. This is normal."

'We are grateful'

When asked whether receiving cash was unusual, Karzai added: "The U.S. gives us large bundles of cash as well.

"We are grateful for the Iranians for the help they give us and we will continue to ask them for cash help."

NBC News reported that Karzai said the Iranian cash was "used for the presidential office, paying staff and other uses at presidential discretion."

Karzai's comments came after a former governor of a border province who claims he was ousted for his criticisms of Tehran said that Afghanistan and its Western allies are dangerously underestimating Iran's destabilizing influence on the country.

Ghulam Dastgir Azaad, who ran western Nimroz for five years, said he frequently investigated and was sometimes an intended target of attacks inside Afghanistan which variously used Iranian-supplied weapons or Iranian-trained militants.

The government and its foreign allies are too focused on Afghanistan's southeastern neighbor, Pakistan, in the search for stability and have ignored the role of Iran, Azaad said.

"No one pays much attention to Iran as Pakistan but that's a mistake... Iran plays its own hidden game to increase its influence in western areas," he told Reuters on Sunday in an interview at his Kabul apartment.

"We (in Nimroz) share about 90 kilometers (56 miles) of border with Iran, which Iran easily exploits to regularly send explosive devices and weapons into Afghanistan," added Azaad, who left his job in the province two months ago.

Ze Link

OK, it's funnier than hell; but it deserves a big WTF?...

First, you have to watch this real news report about a serious incident that occurred in Lincoln Park...

But now, through the miracle of some cool editing, we have a song that quite frankly, is kinda catchy! :rock:

Thanks to my old pal Dave for bringing the above to my attention! :salut:

Cheers! M2

Remember Antoine Dodson aka "Hide ya kids, Hide ya wives"? Now he's pitching a new Sex Offender Tracker app for your iPhone/'Droid!

Still catchy!

Cheers! M2

Remember Antoine Dodson aka "Hide ya kids, Hide ya wives"? Now he's pitching a new Sex Offender Tracker app for your iPhone/'Droid!

Still catchy!

Cheers! M2

M2, you snake, I was moments away from posting that. RUN AND TELL THAT, HOMEBOY

The worst WTF headline of the day...

My link

Apparently it was a rare, but not unheard of, incident.

Watch manager Greg Garrett from the Redbridge fire station told the Southampton daily Echo: 'I’ve only come across this type of thing three or four times in my 17 years as a firefighter. It’s not a daily occurrence.'

Just in time for Halloween, there's trouble brewing for a California beer distributor that has gotten into hot water with the nation's wiccan community over an ale called Witch's Wit -- whose label depicts a woman being burned at the stake.

Witch's Wit is one of Port Brewing Company's Lost Abbey beers, which the distributor calls "inspired beers for saints and sinners alike." Each beer sports a label that aims to tell a story about the struggle between good and evil.

But Vicki Noble, a famed healer, astrologer and spiritual leader in the pagan community, saw only evil in Witch's Wit after a worker in a liquor store called the bottle to her attention last week.

Incensed at the image of a witch being burned at the stake, Noble sent an e-mail to her followers, asking in the subject line: "Can we stop this brewer from their hate imagery?"

"Can you imagine them showing a black person being lynched or a Jewish person going to the oven?" she asked. "Such images are simply not tolerated in our society anymore (thank the Goddess) and this one should not be, either."

Complete Story Above

Another Story

#1 That bottle looks pretty cool and if I saw it in the store I would probably pick up a six pack.

#2 WTF is a wiccan?

#3 If you don't like it STFU and don't buy it.

#4 I am WAY more offended by reading her question above than by seeing the painting on the bottle.

Edited by snizz

Not good...

Exclusive: Man in Disguise Boards International Flight

t1larg.disguise.cnn.jpg

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Canadian authorities are investigating an "unbelievable" incident in which a passenger boarded an Air Canada flight disguised as an elderly man, according to a confidential alert obtained by CNN.

The incident occurred on October 29 on Air Canada flight AC018 to Vancouver originating in Hong Kong. An intelligence alert from the Canada Border Services Agency describes the incident as an "unbelievable case of concealment."

"Information was received from Air Canada Corporate Security regarding a possible imposter on a flight originating from Hong Kong," the alert says. "The passenger in question was observed at the beginning of the flight to be an elderly Caucasian male who appeared to have young looking hands. During the flight the subject attended the washroom and emerged an Asian looking male that appeared to be in his early 20s."

(Full story)

being a displaced minnesotan, this article caught my eye as I was doing my daily news recap. How in the heck does he make it a racist thing? this is exactly what's wrong with cnn.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-518247?hpt=T2

Eh - 1st his name is Asa the comic; 2nd it's an ireport- meaning anyone can send crap in: Here's CNN's explanation on the vetting process for these reports-

iReport is a user-generated section of CNN.com. The stories in this section are not edited, fact-checked or screened before they are posted.

So there ya go.

being a displaced minnesotan, this article caught my eye as I was doing my daily news recap. How in the heck does he make it a racist thing? this is exactly what's wrong with cnn.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-518247?hpt=T2

He's a comic. He was trying to be funny.

Luckily, I missed the "big storm" this weekend because I was shooting pheasants in non-racist South Dakota where the weather was perfect.

Damn you Rainman, damn you to hell. Fricken AF always ruining my hunting plans!

Plenty of time to hunt when you retire. Not much time to be part of the greatest branch of the most powerful military force in the history of the planet. Keep that in mind.

He's a comic. He was trying to be funny.

Luckily, I missed the "big storm" this weekend because I was shooting pheasants in non-racist South Dakota where the weather was perfect.

Where in SD? I'd be happy to buy you a beer in the squadron bar if you're on the western half of the state.

And my douchenozzle of the day submission:

Sexual molestation? Go choke yourself dude.

Just a few short months in Europe and you are already a vocal proponent of dude-on-dude genital grabbing. Very cosmopolitan.

He's in good company with several pilot and flight attendant unions and Chesley Sullenberger WRT not wanting his junk touched by mouthbreathing clowns.

You know it! Though I have yet to buy some man-capri-pants or get a purse...I mean satchel.

If people don't want to be subjected to airport security:

1. Don't fly, thus avoiding all this

or

2. Reduce security but increase your personal comfort, thus while accepting the increase in threat from people who want to do bad things.

It was my understanding that the new scanners are a response to situations like the underwear-bomber. Just as we started going shoe-less after the shoe bomber. (what's next on the explosive attire list?) If you don't want to go through the scanner, then you get the new and improved TSA frisk. If you refuse that, well what then? Should they just take your word that you're a good guy?

Is there other technology out there that can get the same job done? What happened to the puffers?

*note: after watching news clips on this subject to me it seems that the people that are complaining the most about the scanners were either:

A) obese

B) had fake tits

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2