Blues on Monday

okienav

For those that think blues on Mondays are bad...

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2010/01/airforce_callout_uniforms_012210w/

Is that for real or is AF Times just trying to stir up something? I just can't see the logic in wearing blues everyday. Especially since most of us would probably have to buy a few more sets of them.

Is that for real or is AF Times just trying to stir up something? I just can't see the logic in wearing blues everyday. Especially since most of us would probably have to buy a few more sets of them.

Since when has unsound logic stopped the AF from making bad decisions?

For those interested, even those of us at Northern Bases in sub-zero temperatures are being subjected to Blues Mondays. Minot just repealed the local guidance (ABUs/BDUs/flightsuits and cold wx gear on Mondays from 15 Nov-15 Mar). Blues will now be worn on Mondays...

Forecast for this Monday: High: -1, low -15, windchill -30.

Y'all tell me if this plan makes any sense...assuming there is a plan...

For those interested, even those of us at Northern Bases in sub-zero temperatures are being subjected to Blues Mondays. Minot just repealed the local guidance (ABUs/BDUs/flightsuits and cold wx gear on Mondays from 15 Nov-15 Mar). Blues will now be worn on Mondays...

Maybe it's a new force-shaping technique.

post-3997-126422085982_thumb.jpg

Yah. . . um. . . Listen, I'm sorry you've got frostbite over 69% of your body as a result of inadequate weather protection, but since you can't pass the new pt test in your condition, we're just gonna have to let you go.

• 3 months later...

Slight thread revival:

Today my class was starting academics for a new airframe and a flightline tour was on the schedule. Last week we asked about wearing a flightsuit instead of blues because of the tour and were told in no uncertain terms that the uniform of the day on Monday is blues. So we show up today for the tour in blues. The FTU DO is walking us out to the jet and we are stopped by maintanence on our way and are told that we are not allowed on the flightline because of the FOD hazard presented by the rank and insignia on our uniforms and in order to continue to the aircraft we would have to remove all the pins.

Essentially I think its bad planning by the schedulers and excessively strict enforcement of a standard. Am I missing something or is this just a supreme lack of critical thinking skills? I agree we shouldn't have been in blues to start but since when are blues not allowed on the flightline?

Slight thread revival:

Today my class was starting academics for a new airframe and a flightline tour was on the schedule. Last week we asked about wearing a flightsuit instead of blues because of the tour and were told in no uncertain terms that the uniform of the day on Monday is blues. So we show up today for the tour in blues. The FTU DO is walking us out to the jet and we are stopped by maintanence on our way and are told that we are not allowed on the flightline because of the FOD hazard presented by the rank and insignia on our uniforms and in order to continue to the aircraft we would have to remove all the pins.

Essentially I think its bad planning by the schedulers and excessively strict enforcement of a standard. Am I missing something or is this just a supreme lack of critical thinking skills? I agree we shouldn't have been in blues to start but since when are blues not allowed on the flightline?

Hopefully, he was just trying to make a point...

Slight thread revival:

1. That doesn't make any sense. Blues should be fine on the flightline.

2. Don't fight it! Tell them that blues can't be worn on the flightline and you, therefore, HAVE to wear a flightsuit/BDUs!

• 1 year later...

Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011

To:

Subject: Upcoming HAF Uniform Policy Change

Senior leaders, I want to bring to your attention the CSAF has directed a

change to the uniform of the day (UOD) for Airmen serving in Headquarters

Air Force (both the Air Staff and Secretary of the Air Force Staff) who are

assigned in the National Capitol Region (NCR). Essentially, this change

entails phasing in the implementation of the blue uniform as the UOD

throughout the week in two phases:

Phase I (effective 1 Oct 11), UOD will be:

- Mon: Blue uniform any combination (no change from current policy)

- Tue - Fri: Blue uniform any combination is optional OR ABU/flight suit

Phase II (effective 1 Jan 12), UOD will be:

- Mon- Thu: Blue uniform any combination

- Fri: Blue uniform any combination OR ABU/flight suit

As you recall, on 4 Sep 08 the CSAF implemented a policy whereby the blue

uniform would be the duty uniform worn every Monday by Airmen in appropriate

career fields and environments throughout the Air Force. The revised HAF

UOD policy change outlined above (ie., expanding the wear of blues for

personnel assigned to the HAF in the NCR), is not intended to change the

policy set forth by the CSAF in his 4 Sep 08 letter to all Air Force

personnel. Moreover, Airmen assigned to units other than the HAF (in the

NCR) should continue to follow the 4 Sep 08 policy letter.

- Tue - Fri: Blue uniform any combination is optional OR ABU/flight suit

You mean I could wear blues everyday if I wanted! Booya, time to work that assignment to HAF!!!

The revised HAF UOD policy change outlined above (ie., expanding the wear of blues for personnel assigned to the HAF in the NCR), is not intended to change the policy set forth by the CSAF in his 4 Sep 08 letter to all Air Force personnel.

Fat f*cking chance sir, with all due respect of course. Anyone want an over-under on when this is implemented AF-wide?

And here I was thinking that I would open this thread to see an e-mail from HAF saying that they were proud of the fact that we've rebounded as a force and all this stuff about professionalism and warrior ethos yadda yadda yadda and that they were getting rid of "Blues Mondays".

Oh well.

And here I was thinking that I would open this thread to see an e-mail from HAF saying that they were proud of the fact that we've rebounded as a force and all this stuff about professionalism and warrior ethos yadda yadda yadda and that they were getting rid of "Blues Mondays".

Oh well.

The beatings will continue until morale improves...

So do they come up with shit like NCR so they can set up CZTE kind of good deals?

"Yeah, I served in the NCR AOR back in the day."

"Ya, I spent a tour downrange in the NCR."

Sounds better than:

Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, "What did you do in the great World War II?" -- you won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled shit in Louisiana."

When I was at Eielson we were subjected to this policy from the get-go. Although it seemed us support types obeyed it, there was talk of OG leadership starting to enforce it too.

I think PA might have done some passive-aggressive reporting on this...

http://www.eielson.af.mil/photos/mediagallery.asp?galleryID=2383&?id=-1&page=44&count=12

Photo on the top right...

^ Fail.

Check post #550 in this thread (7 above yours)

Regardless...fucking stupid. Productivity will raise if we make people wear the uniform they hate the most. I wonder what will happen after this goes AF wide and then people get in trouble. They can't make the unit wear blue's since they will already be in them. I guess reflective belt while in service dress will be the only thing worse.

I wonder what will happen after this goes AF wide and then people get in trouble. They can't make the unit wear blue's since they will already be in them. I guess reflective belt while in service dress will be the only thing worse.

I don't know... "Mess Dress Monday" -- has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Could this be a devious plan to get people to volunteer for 365s? After a month in blues, I might consider it.

• 1 year later...

Behold the awesomeness hopefully not coming to a base near you:

(This is camp USAFA)

______

DF Family:

The Superintendent will issue further guidance very soon, but I wanted to provide awareness on an impending uniform policy change for AY 2012-2013.

On a date to be determined (likely 8 or 9 August), uniform of the day (UOD) Monday through Thursday will be BLUES, and will be ABUs on Friday for our cadets and permanent party.

More guidance to follow. Thank you for your “leadership by example” and accountability support for this policy.

___

Excuse me while I head to the uniform store

Blues have been standard at the zoo for a long time. No reason why they shouldn't be.

Your second point is true--and so what? Who wants to wear blues?

Your first point isn't, they've been aligned with blues Monday/ABU rest of week for the last several years.