College Football

O Face

Agreed, its really hard to ask teams to stay unbeaten for a whole season - And I think at least one more team will fall in addition to the OSU/UM loser. We still have 1/3 of the regular season remaining. 

12 hours ago, artvandelay43201 said:

Where’s the love for the Air Force Falcons?

While it’s impressive they’re undefeated for a service academy, they have played one team…only one…that currently has a wining record.  And it’s not like Wyoming has many decent wins either.  Does anyone really think that USAFA is better than Tennessee, Kansas, or USC?

• Thanks 1

While it’s impressive they’re undefeated for a service academy, they have played one team…only one…that currently has a wining record.  And it’s not like Wyoming has many decent wins either.  Does anyone really think that USAFA is better than Tennessee, Kansas, or USC?

No, but you still have to go out and win the games. And by golly they survived a snowball barrage.

On 10/31/2023 at 6:30 AM, HeloDude said:

they have played one team…

Kind of like Michigan... When Rutgers has been your toughest opponent, something is shady. But not as shady as Connor Stallions!

CFP Poll is out and its OSU, UGA, UM, and FSU. Washington and Oregon round out five and six. I think all six controls their own destiny. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 7:30 AM, HeloDude said:

I mentioned it above, but don’t sleep on the triple option. It completely screws you up on defense and if you don’t defend it perfectly, it can kill you. About 10 years ago Georgia Southern (FCS power at the time) went into Alabama and hung 300 yards rushing on an extremely dominant Alabama team. They were a good team but obviously Alabama had much more individual and team talent but they just did what they did to perfection. Check out Saban’s thoughts on it.

On 10/31/2023 at 7:30 AM, HeloDude said:

Or even Army, apparently. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, artvandelay43201 said:

I’m honestly embarrassed for bringing the falcons up a few days ago. I apologize. Such a horrible performance 

It’s all good man.  They’re still having a great season, this was just a nasty bump on the road.  It is disappointing to lose (especially this badly) to a fellow service academy, and one that was 2-6 before the game started.  My initial argument was I didn’t believe they were better than the teams they were ranked above in the coaches and writers polls.  I hope they finish strong and get a great bowl game.

Terrible experience. Couldn't even get drunk after the game because some Karen and a bunch of cops made us dump our BBQ and leave. Giving up a home game for TV money is BS.

It wasn’t even on a real TV station, though, right? Just CBS Sports Network, which maybe a third of the country gets at best?

I hate it when the refs decide a game.

Even AFTER a review this was somehow NOT called a safety (by NCAA rule the entire ball has to be forward of the goal line), but we have special rules for FSU.

If that isn't enough apparently FSU can have a big return, SPIKE the ball ON a Miami player and there is no foul.

And to finish it off, FSU broke Miami's Quarterback's arm.

IMG_5008.jpg

Concerning the spike, the rest of the college football world isn’t going to have much sympathy for one of the historically dirtiest programs/fan bases in NCAA history. Sucks to suck. Bring on the down votes.

Edited by Boomer6
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

Concerning the spike, the rest of the college football world isn’t going to have much sympathy for one of the historically dirtiest  programs/fan bases in NCAA history. Sucks to suck. Bring on the down votes.

How are they the dirtiest?  Anyway...

Sympathy is not the ask, simply enforce the RULES uniformly.

9 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

How are they the dirtiest?  Anyway...

That’s been their rep since the 80s. They’ve made Isaiah Thomas and the pistons look like a model of sportsmanship since then.

Lamar Thomas and another standard night in Miami…

Edited by Boomer6

15 minutes ago, Boomer6 said:

That’s been there rep since the 80s. They’ve made Isaiah Thomas and the pistons look like a model of sportsmanship since then.

Lamar Thomas and another standard night in Miami…

LOL...

The "Rep" was swag and brought the hate along with five Natty's. 

For the record, the fight was started by FIU which is why 18 of their players were ejected along with 13 from Miami.

41 minutes ago, Boomer6 said:

Dirty team and fan base to say nothing of the multiple U players stomping on FIU dudes on the ground. Keep the spikes coming, the refs know the U rep.

Cool story Bro.  I see both side stomping but keep the hate alive, it will keep you warm at night.

Break Break...

In other news, while I am not an FSU fan they are a marquee program and did not deserve the Jimbo Fisher clown show.  Karma is reaching out with a big ole kick in the dick today. It took Texas A&M years (and a lot of money), to realize what a clown Jimbo really is and now he is getting kicked to the curb.  Brian Kelly should be next but he will win just enough to string it out another couple of years.