F35 navy crash rumor?

bennynova

Any truth to this?    Thoughts?

Many of you have seen the topic of the recent F35 crash being discussed, along with statements supposedly made by the pilot right before he ejected that he was having chest pains.  As skeptical of everything that has to do with the vaccine as I am, even I thought the reporting on this was BS hyperbole.  Until about 30 minutes ago, that is. . .  I commanded an F/A-18 squadron in the 2007-2010 time frame, and a good friend of mine who was also a Hornet squadron commander and Airboss afterwards just called to tell me that he heard the unedited PLAT tape with his own ears, and before ejecting the pilots says: "I'm experiencing sudden and intense chest pain as if someone hit me in the chest with a baseball bat. Fucking vaccine!"  Again - even though I'd seen reporting along these lines over a week ago, I discounted it as BS.  But it's not. . .  UFB!

I personally don’t have many friends (especially in the Air Force, who are vaccinated)...so I don’t have many opportunities to actually talk to someone candidly who’s had the vaccine.   And that probably wouldn’t matter anyhow, because if there are adverse effects, it certainly doesn’t affect a large % of people.

perhaps it’s just because I’ve come to surround myself with people of the same beliefs as me, but I personally know about 25 active duty AF officers who all are currently unvaccinated.   They are also people that I text or see on a weekly basis.   

Any truth to this?    Thoughts?

Many of you have seen the topic of the recent F35 crash being discussed, along with statements supposedly made by the pilot right before he ejected that he was having chest pains.  As skeptical of everything that has to do with the vaccine as I am, even I thought the reporting on this was BS hyperbole.  Until about 30 minutes ago, that is. . .  I commanded an F/A-18 squadron in the 2007-2010 time frame, and a good friend of mine who was also a Hornet squadron commander and Airboss afterwards just called to tell me that he heard the unedited PLAT tape with his own ears, and before ejecting the pilots says: "I'm experiencing sudden and intense chest pain as if someone hit me in the chest with a baseball bat. ing vaccine!"  Again - even though I'd seen reporting along these lines over a week ago, I discounted it as BS.  But it's not. . .  UFB!

Plenty of people have had chest pain before the vaccine. Could be related…could not be.

Oddly though at my base we’ve had 2x healthy 35sh yr olds with heart attacks recently.

Again, could be the vaccine, could be something else.

Big Blue reports that 95% of the total force has had at least 1 dose CAO early Dec 2021...so it should not be hard to find someone in the Air Force to talk to who is vaccinated.

I hope the pilot and other navy folks who were injured all come out of this ok and that we scoop all the wreckage before anyone else does.

• Upvote 2

The claim is has come from some former VFA skippers, one of whom claims to have heard the PLAT audio. A Navy skipper who is a friend of mine vouches for him. 
But until that audio is released, it won't get much traction. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

The claim is has come from some former VFA skippers, one of whom claims to have heard the PLAT audio. A Navy skipper who is a friend of mine vouches for him. 
But until that audio is released, it won't get much traction. 

Concur, unless there is audio available to everyone it doesn't matter.

For what it is worth, hearing rumors inside the community and having seen the video, it sounds like a shit hot break went poorly. If you listen to the audio the engine is awfully quiet, which occurs when you try to get on-speed... Until there is either a "wave-off" call from the LSO or the pilot realizes that he's well below glideslope when you hear the engine try to spool, far too late. 

Suspect it'll be a long time before anyone knows the reality except those who witnessed the event. 

• Upvote 4

Considering the chest pain side-effect has a rate of 67 per million I find it improbable that as many pilots as claimed above have had the issue. With about 15k rated officers this works statistically to about 1 rated officer having this issue. Additionally with symptoms presenting 1-5 days post dosage and then abating a case of late onset is even less likely. 

The amount of word of mouth dudes on here accept is honestly embarrassing. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 11

2 hours ago, LiquidSky said:

The amount of word of mouth dudes on here accept is honestly embarrassing. 

Easier to accept when it supports the narrative you believe in. To be honest we’re all probably guilty of it to some degree. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

CCP virus vaccine side effects caused a US F-35 fighter jet to crash in the South China Sea

"...and the pilot was also diagnosed with acute myocarditis after being sent to the hospital for treatment."

Story written by a guy who calls himself “peaceforever” and edited by someone called “Saturn”. Their source was probably this site. Seems legit. 😐

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Prozac said:

Story written by a guy who calls himself “peaceforever” and edited by someone called “Saturn”. Their source was probably this site. Seems legit. 😐

Could have been and lots for them to work out, but it appears someone wants the story to get out.

4 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

it appears someone wants the story to get out.

Here's just one example of someone who might want info like this to get out.

'Army flight surgeon says pilots risk ‘sudden cardiac death’ from COVID vaccine side effect'

Army flight surgeon says pilots risk 'sudden cardiac death' from COVID vaccine side effect | American Military News

'A U.S. Army flight surgeon is warning that known side effects associated with the COVID-19 vaccines pose a potentially deadly risk to pilots and is alleging the Army isn’t following Department of Defense protocols to screen pilots for those potentially deadly side effects.'

Lt. Col. Theresa Long recently filed an affidavit stating there is a risk of Myocarditis, a condition that causes inflammation to the heart muscle, associated with the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines. Long noted one potential complication of Myocarditis is “sudden cardiac death” and said “flight crews present extraordinary risks to themselves and others' etc, etc; 

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2022 at 2:26 AM, bennynova said:

"I'm experiencing sudden and intense chest pain as if someone hit me in the chest with a baseball bat. Fucking vaccine!"

picturing some dude say this right before punching is hilarious to me

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Day Man said:

You never know what people will say. 

Many years ago I was at high key in a T-38 as my buddy took the barrier in another T-38.  He must have clinched every muscle in his body including his thumb on the radio button as he screamed "F@CKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!"

52 minutes ago, Day Man said:

I think you are onto something. Take notes future wingmen…if a major screw-up is impending, don’t forget to complain about chest pains and yell “fucking vaccine” before doing whatever it is you were about to do. 

Edited by Standby
  • Like 3
  • Haha 12
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Standby said:

I think you are onto something. Take notes future wingmen…if a major screw-up is impending, don’t forget to complain about chest pains and yell “fucking vaccine” before doing whatever it is you were about to do. 

Don’t forget to cover it up too.  Just let the “process take place.”    Don’t save any lives by getting the truth out.   The leadership will get the “truth” out for us.

10% story time. Had a buddy tell me in his prior mds (Fred) he'd lean into the microphone post and utter "....can't believe they're making us do this......set power....*spool background noise*"  before every takeoff 😄 .

Personally in the 60 year old rickety rocket, I've always found that dynamic to be rather stipulated, so I don't externalize the dialogue lol. 

• Upvote 2

my sim partner told me he flew w/ a old crusty captain at the regionals that would slam his fist against the sidewall every time my buddy called "v1".

after a whole trip of this my buddy asked him why he banged his fist against the side of the jet...the guy said "son if we ever crash the FAA is gonna have a hell of a time figuring out what the fuck that bang was"

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

my sim partner told me he flew w/ a old crusty captain at the regionals that would slam his fist against the sidewall every time my buddy called "v1".

after a whole trip of this my buddy asked him why he banged his fist against the side of the jet...the guy said "son if we ever crash the FAA is gonna have a hell of a time figuring out what the fuck that bang was"

Had a buddy when we were copilots who claimed he uttered the words “I completely disagree with every decision the aircraft commander has made up to this point” every 30 minutes just to have it on the tapes. 😂

• Haha 2

Was executing a weapons test a long time ago, we were enroute to Pt Mugu range. OPSEC had us refer to the weapon as the “device” and it had to be powered up a bit prior to range entry to run BITs. We were with LA Center and they passed words from the control room over center freq:

“C/S, LA Center, I have been asked to tell you to power on your device.”

We joked about answering on VHF, “Center, C/S, copy message. Powering on device. May God have mercy on us all.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 3