Just checked MyPers and as of yesterday, they are not taking applications anymore. Doesn't say anything about just going active the old fashioned way though (EAD). I wonder if that's still a thing.

Edited by xcraftllc
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't remember scoobs. 

I applied to VLPAD.  I was selected....for a command no less.  Then AFRC denied my release.  I am an 11F, AGR, already locked up an AGR retirement and have no ADSC or GI Bill or any type of debt to AF

Don't voulenteer for shit, tell them what you will do.  Go covfefe on them

An email I received from AFPC today, just sharing the info.

BLUF - they don't have enough money allocated to the program, so they are going to be extremely selective about which apps get approved.

The following is to inform you of the updated ROEs for VLPAD:  Based on the remaining balance in the FY20 MILPERS budget and the current plan for the FY21 Budget Estimate Submission, VLPAD will be offered on an exceptionally limited basis for the remainder of this year and future years.  HAF is standing up a VLPAD Review Board (VRB) comprising of members from the Components, AFPC, and Air Staff functionals to validate the operational requirements and prioritize the current submission.  The VRB will determine the criteria and rubric for approval with the highest priority given to support operational units reporting readiness and missions directly tied to the National Defense Strategy.  In short, HAF requested additional funds for VLPAD but was informed the program must live within current funding, thus very few applications may be approved after meeting the VRB criteria.  The VRB is expected to meet at the end of January.

I have no idea what/how they are going to select who gets approved.  I'm hoping they still realize they need Fighter Pilots but, from what I hear, HAF thinks the pilot shortage problem is solved. I searched for a "Critical Skills List" on MYPERS but found nothing for FY20, anyone have SA on that?

I should add that I spoke with an O-5 in the A1 office who deals with this program last week.  That individual told me that, if you have an app in already and it has been hung up in this whole delay, it should be meeting the VRB mentioned above.  After the VRB, which hopefully happens at the end of the month, AFPC will update you with a Go/No Go decision.

• 4 months later...