The hardest working DB in Hollywood.

Spoo

Hey, can you spot the creepy scientologist asshole with the giant ego and Napoleon complex? Never mind, found him. Probably belongs in the WTF thread, but whatever.

Tom Cruise: My work as an actor is as hard as fighting in Afghanistan

Tom Cruise has never been shy about expressing his beliefs, and in a recent deposition, the actor said he believed acting was as hard as fighting a war.

Cruise sat with lawyers to be deposed for his case against Bauer Publishing for stories two of its publications printed following his divorce from Katie Holmes, articles that stated he had "abandoned" his daughter Suri.

During the deposition, a lawyer questioned Cruise about remarks his camp had made equating his work and inability to see daughter Suri to fighting in Afghanistan.

"That's what it feels like. And certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal," Cruise said, according to TMZexternal-link.png.

The deposition also revealed that Cruise did not see Suri for more than 100 days at one point following his split from Holmes, though he maintains that he spoke to her on the phone frequently and that the two have a close relationship.

As for his physical training, Tom said, "There is difficult physical stamina and preparation. Sometimes I've spent months, a year, and sometimes two years preparing for a single film." But the kicker, he adds, "A sprinter for the Olympics, they only have to run two races a day. When I'm shooting, I could potentially have to run 30, 40 races a day, day after day."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/08/tom-cruise-suri-lawsuit-deposition-afghanistan-war-olympics/#ixzz2kBDyX6Xp

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/11/08/tom-cruise-my-work-as-actor-is-as-hard-as-fighting-in-afghanistan/

Edited by Spoo

I'm sure he wrote that after a long day of shooting his next movie, while staying in a 5 star hotel, enjoying a nice glass of wine and having just finished a meal at a world class restaurant. All of which these activities for just one night cost more than the average soldiers monthly's paycheck.

Edited by Fuzz

I'm sure he wrote that after a long day of shooting his next movie, while staying in a 5 star hotel, enjoying a nice glass of wine and having just finished a meal at a world class restaurant. All of which these activities for just one night cost more than the average soldiers monthly's paycheck.

You're right. He should have compared himself to a KC-10 pilot.

• Upvote 7

Tom Cruise may in fact be a D-Bag but has anybody ever taken TMZ seriously or tried to watch that thier trademark god-awful gossip show? Sure a room full of gay guys and plastic-surgery hack jobs can can come up a saucy quip about the "stars" but can't be expected to report truthfully, espcially on a target as easy as Tom Cruise.

• Upvote 1

A lot of people here have clearly never acted a day in their life. You all don't understand the plight of the performer! And let's not act like Tom Cruise doesn't know what it's like to be in the military. He was in Top Gun and Jack Reacher...

Why is it NSFW?

Language. It is just an article without audio but I'm not sure what the state of sensitivity is these days regarding the F word which Wahlberg uses with great enthusiasm. Lord knows someone might be offended, get their knickers in a twist, and accuse some poor dude of infringing on their sense of security and happiness thus forcing said dude to endure some CBT penance for daring to read literature offensive to someone else. But I could be wrong....

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Wahlberg weighs in on the verticallly challenged DB with a very nice NSFW rant.

https://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/94328-mark-wahlberg-calls-out-hollywood-privilege-defends-honor-of-american-soldiers/

He set's himself apart from the Hwood gang. He's an interesting and motivating example of a Catholic in a business where his faith is counter-culture.

He set's himself apart from the Hwood gang. He's an interesting and motivating example of a Catholic in a business where his faith is counter-culture.

Yeah. He's an amazing example for Catholocism.

"How fucking dare you..." I'm pretty sure that's straight out of Jesus' mouth. Especially given that it's attacking Cruise for implying something that he wasn't.

If anybody cares to look at what Cruise actually said, this would be a non-controversy. That's probably the reason it disappeared off entertainment news a day or two after it was a non-stop headline.

Doesn't change the fact that Cruise is indeed a monumental douchebag, but in this case, the assholes are the ones criticizing him.

Yeah. He's an amazing example for Catholocism.

"How fucking dare you..." I'm pretty sure that's straight out of Jesus' mouth. Especially given that it's attacking Cruise for implying something that he wasn't.

Sounds like a typical Irish Catholic.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet, the wedge has been passed.

Kanye West Compares Dancing on Stage to Being a Cop or Soldier

Kanye West speaking with SaturdayNightOnline.com host Garrett, West Saturday night

“Like, I’m just giving of my body on the stage; I’m putting my life at risk, literally!”

“When I think about when I’m on the ‘Can’t Tell Me Nothing,’ and ‘Coldest Winter’ moment, like that mountain goes really, really high. And if I slipped… You never know. And I think about it. I think about my family and I’m like, wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something.”

Link: Douchebag