White Male Club

Co Th G

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/31/pentagon-training-manual-white-males-have-unfair-advantages/

Pentagon training manual: white males have unfair advantages

By Todd Starnes

Todd's American Dispatch

Published October 31, 2013
FoxNews.com
  • toddstarnes.jpg
    ARMY.MIL

A controversial 600-plus page manual used by the military to train its Equal Opportunity officers teaches that "healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian" men hold an unfair advantage over other races, and warns in great detail about a so-called "White Male Club."

“Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege,” reads a statement in the manual created by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI).

The manual, which was obtained by Fox News, also instructs troops to “support the leadership of people of color. Do this consistently, but not uncritically,” the manual states.

The military manual goes into great detail about a so-called “White Male Club.”

The Equal Opportunity Advisor Student Guide is the textbook used during a three month DEOMI course taught at Patrick Air Force Base in Florida. Individuals who attend the training lead Equal Opportunity briefings on military installations around the nation.

The 637-page manual covers a wide range of issues from racism and religious diversity to cultural awareness, extremism and white privilege.

I obtained a copy of the manual from an Equal Opportunity officer who was disturbed by the course content and furious over the DEOMI’s reliance on the Southern Poverty Law Center for information on “extremist” groups.

“I’m participating in teaching things that are not true,” the instructor told me. He asked not to be identified because he feared reprisals.

“I should not be in a position to do that,” he said. “It violates Constitutional principles, but it also violates my conscience. And I’m not going to do it – not going to do it.”

Read an excerpt from the manual hereexternal-link.png.

DEOMI instructors were also responsible for briefings at bases around the country that falsely labeled evangelical Christians, Catholics and a number of high-profile Christian ministries as domestic hate groups.

I contacted the Pentagon as well as the DEOMI multiple times for comment on this story, but so far they have not responded to my requests.

DEOMI opened in 1971 in response to the civil rights movement. It’s responsible for Equal Opportunity/Equal Employment Opportunity education and training for military active duty and reservists, according to its website.

The subject of white privilege emerged in a 20-page section titled, “Power and Privilege.”

“Whites are the empowered group,” the manual declares. “White males represent the haves as compared to the have-nots.”

The military document advises personnel to “assume racism is everywhere, every day” and “notice code words for race.” They are also instructed to “understand and learn from the history of whiteness and racism.”

“Assume racism is everywhere, everyday,” read a statement in a section titled, ‘How to be a strong 'white ally.'"

“One of the privileges of being white is not having to see or deal with racism all the time,” the manual states. “We have to learn to see the effect that racism has.”

On page 181 of the manual, the military points out that status and wealth are typically passed from generation to generation and “represent classic examples of the unearned advantages of social privilege.”

“As such, the unfair economic advantages and disadvantages created long ago by institutions for whites, males, Christians, etc. still affect socioeconomic privilege today,” the manual states.

The guide also points out that whites are over-represented and blacks are underrepresented in positive news stories, that middle class blacks live in poorer neighborhoods than middle class whites and that even though there are more white criminals than any other race, the news coverage of black criminals is about equal to the news coverage of white criminals.

The military manual goes into great detail about a so-called “White Male Club.”

“In spite of slave insurrections, civil war, the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments, the women’s suffrage movement leading to the 19th amendment, the civil rights movement, urban rebellions and the contemporary feminist movement, the club persists,” the document states.

DEOMI states that “full access to the resources of the club still escape the vision of equitable distribution.”

The military also implies that white Americans may be in denial about racism.

In a section titled, “Rationalizations for Retaining Privilege and Avoiding Responsibilities,” the military lays out excuses white people use.

“Today some white people may use the tactic of denial when they say, ‘It’s a level playing field; this is a land of equal opportunity,’” the manual reads. “Some white people may be counterattacking today by saying political correctness rules the universities or they want special status.”

DEOMI points out that if “white people are unable to maintain that the atrocities are all in the past, they may switch to tactics to make a current situation seem isolated.”

They said some of the ways whites may claim to be victims include saying things like, “I have it just as bad as anyone else,” “They’re taking away our jobs,” or “White people are under attack.”
The military concludes the section by urging students to “understand and learn from the history of whiteness and racism” and “support the leadership of people of color.”

I called former Congressman and Lt. Col. Allen West (ret.) to get his take on the manual. In a nutshell – he wants a congressional investigation.

“This is the Obama administration’s outreach of social justice into the United States military,” he told me. “Equal Opportunity in the Army that I grew up in did not have anything to do with white privilege.”

West said he is very concerned about the training guide.

“When the president talked about fundamentally transforming the United States of America, I believe he also had a dedicated agenda of going after the United States military,” he said. “The priorities of this administration are totally whacked.”

West said the DEOMI manual reminded him of a similar program inflicted on the military by President Clinton.

“They came down with a new training requirement called, ‘Consideration of Others Training,’” he said. “The soldiers were supposed to sit around and go through vignettes and talk about their feelings.”

I truly wish the Pentagon and the DEOMI would return my telephone calls. I’d like to know how teaching soldiers, airmen and sailors about white privilege and fomenting racial division helps them protect our nation from the enemy.

Todd Starnes is host of Fox News & Commentary, heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebookexternal-link.png page, and follow him onTwitterexternal-link.png.

Edited by Co Th G

I want to be upset...but at the same time, I'm not that upset because I am not surprised that this is where the military is going. I could rant on and on about this, but for right now I'll just say again: I'm glad that I'm over the half way point.

Let's see Liquid and 'leadership' try to spin this one. If they have the courage to discuss it, then at the very least their comments might be mildly entertaining.

If you apply the technique of substitution to this, it gets far more outrageous. Instead of white, male, christian, use another ethnicity, sex, or religion. You would hear a cacophony of righteous indignation over the application of racial stereotypes, institutionally approved discrimination, and hate speech. There would be marches, Congressional investigations, and Al Sharpton on the Pentagon steps with a megaphone. The far scarier aspect of this is that the command structure approved, published, and instituted this program which tells me that the Pentagon sees no problem with this. UFB.

Anyone know the demographics for female black homosexual atheists that are in poor health in the military? Someone's gotta help those one or two people!

They did! They both got jobs away from the evil whiteys and got assigned to the EO office.

Read the Foxs News article and was disgusted.

The manual teaches victimization. The USAF does not need that attitude.

I guess my degree in Aerospace Engineering and pilot wings were handed to me becasue I'm a WASP.

Had nothing to do with hard work. As an ATC/AETC IP, I saw how difficult it was to eliminate a minority or female from UPT.

I wonder if that is in the manual - probably not.

Read the Foxs News article and was disgusted.

The manual teaches victimization. The USAF does not need that attitude.

I guess my degree in Aerospace Engineering and pilot wings were handed to me becasue I'm a WASP.

Had nothing to do with hard work. As an ATC/AETC IP, I saw how difficult it was to eliminate a minority or female from UPT.

We eliminated a female in part for crying during every debrief. She couldn't handle an honest assessment of her performance.

As an ATC/AETC IP, I saw how difficult it was to eliminate a minority or female from UPT.

Actually it is: IAW 36-2205v4:

3.4.3. AETC/A2/3/10 will monitor elimination of female and minority students from flying training. AETC/A3R will collect UPT female and minority elimination data. The data is generated from information each flying unit provides as part of the AETC Decision Support System.

We eliminated a female in part for crying during every debrief. She couldn't handle an honest assessment of her performance.

Seen that happen & I can guarantee there was a mountain of paperwork behind it that called it anything but "crying in the debrief". MOA, CAP, all kinds of things. The sickening part is how much CYA justification the CC has to compile to wash out a scrub if they're a minority. The same issues would have a white devil out on the street in a heartbeat.

I guess that observation makes me a racist though, and one in denial of white evil.

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing brave, professional or honorable about degrading anyone, from 1CO, to "shoes", to women in combat, to homosexuals, to muslims.

Exactly!!

...however, it is perfectly acceptable to degrade "White, Christian, heterosexual males".

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/31/pentagon-manual-white-christian-heterosexual-males/

Illegitimate? No really, how does it degrade them? This report obviously bothers you, why?

To give you the benefit of the doubt in that you are being sincere (maybe you are in this case, who knows), here it goes:

Do you think it's acceptable for the DoD to put out a training manual (to EO types), that says:

"Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege,”

or...

“Whites are the empowered group,”..."“White males represent the haves as compared to the have-nots.”

Do you think this doesn't degrade males who so happen to be white, Christian, and heterosexual? Do you think this is a good way for the Pentagon to train their Equal Opportunity personnel in the military? Do you think putting out this official manual makes us a stronger and more professional force?

Now what's funny is that when this article first came out, I clicked on the link for the manual and was able to pull it up...but now, not so much.

It's called reverse discrimination, and all you have to do is turn on the news and read a few articles (or hell, listen to AG Holder) and it becomes obvious that this is supported at the higher levels.

No tried that once got a call from their CC, spent an hour explaining to the FLT/CC how their airman was knowingly giving me bad info because they didnt want to go look it up, it took me 30 plus minutes to convince them that their airman was actually wrong, and that I did have the ability to tell them they weren't doing their job. I was surprised at that phone call; it was the fast thing finance had ever done for me, plus good luck finding said leadership between their hours and then that's if they are even there when they are open. You can't "mentor" or he'll just tell them they aren't doing their job if they aren't in your chain of command. Everyone's a 5 and single handedly winning the war, or it's all about kingdoms, you can't tell someone that their people aren't doing their job.

Sure you can. Be aggressive and creative. When you are right, you are right.

To give you the benefit of the doubt in that you are being sincere (maybe you are in this case, who knows), here it goes:

Do you think it's acceptable for the DoD to put out a training manual (to EO types), that says:

"Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege,”

or...

“Whites are the empowered group,”..."“White males represent the haves as compared to the have-nots.”

Do you think this doesn't degrade males who so happen to be white, Christian, and heterosexual? Do you think this is a good way for the Pentagon to train their Equal Opportunity personnel in the military? Do you think putting out this official manual makes us a stronger and more professional force?

Now what's funny is that when this article first came out, I clicked on the link for the manual and was able to pull it up...but now, not so much.

It's called reverse discrimination, and all you have to do is turn on the news and read a few articles (or hell, listen to AG Holder) and it becomes obvious that this is supported at the higher levels.

I think you are reading too much into it. It is not degrading or discriminatory. Yes, diversity and the protections EO enable make us a stronger and more professional force. You are naive to think there are not legitimate complaints and resolutions handled by EO every day across our AF. The quotes you reference from this document do not call for reverse discrimination.

• Downvote 14

Illegitimate? No really, how does it degrade them? This report obviously bothers you, why?

The report bothers me because it indicates that the DOD organization charged with maintaining equal opportunity may be producing and distributing courseware that promotes racism. I read the report and also read the source material. Although I don't immediately trust anything on the internet, the source material looked very much like AETC courseware. I'm all for race and gender neutrality and equal opportunity. People should be treated as individuals based on their own merits and choices. I do not agree with reverse discrimination, race baiting, or negatively profiling any group based on misperceived advantage.

The report bothers me because it indicates that the DOD organization charged with maintaining equal opportunity may be producing and distributing courseware that promotes racism. I read the report and also read the source material. Although I don't immediately trust anything on the internet, the source material looked very much like AETC courseware. I'm all for race and gender neutrality and equal opportunity. People should be treated as individuals based on their own merits and choices. I do not agree with reverse discrimination, race baiting, or negatively profiling any group based on misperceived advantage.

I don't either. I haven't read the manual or been exposed to any of the concepts talked about in the article. Falls into the "who cares what this study says" category. When the findings and recommendations impact training or policy, I might care.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't either. I haven't read the manual or been exposed to any of the concepts talked about in the article. Falls into the "who cares what this study says" category. When the findings and recommendations impact training or policy, I might care.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/31/pentagon-training-manual-white-males-have-unfair-advantages/

Looks like its already being used. And it is degrading to tell me I have an unfair advantage because I'm an WHCM; news flash this isn't the 1950s or you may have a point.

Edited by Fuzz