Tim Tebow (NSFW)

Danger41

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why so many people like the guy...

I believe in Tim Tebow

Reilly_Rick_35.jpg

By Rick Reilly

ESPN.com

espn_tebow_jacob_576.jpg

Tim Tebow with Jacob Rainey, one of the many people dealing with health problems Tebow hosted at Broncos games this season.

I've come to believe in Tim Tebow, but not for what he does on a football field, which is still three parts Dr. Jekyll and two parts Mr. Hyde.

No, I've come to believe in Tim Tebow for what he does off a football field, which is represent the best parts of us, the parts I want to be and so rarely am.

Who among us is this selfless?

Every week, Tebow picks out someone who is suffering, or who is dying, or who is injured. He flies these people and their families to the Broncos game, rents them a car, puts them up in a nice hotel, buys them dinner (usually at a Dave & Buster's), gets them and their families pregame passes, visits with them just before kickoff (!), gets them 30-yard-line tickets down low, visits with them after the game (sometimes for an hour), has them walk him to his car, and sends them off with a basket of gifts.

Home or road, win or lose, hero or goat.

Remember last week, when the world was pulling its hair out in the hour after Tebow had stunned the Pittsburgh Steelers with an 80-yard OT touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas in the playoffs? And Twitter was exploding with 9,420 tweets about Tebow per second? When an ESPN poll was naming him the most popular athlete in America?

Tebow was spending that hour talking to 16-year-old Bailey Knaub about her 73 surgeries so far and what TV shows she likes.

(full story at link)

And the part I really liked...

espn_tebow_zak_300.jpg

Not everything Tim Tebow does on one knee is controversial. Ask Zac Taylor.

Cheers! M2

• Upvote 3

Whether you think he is a sucky quarterback or a decent running back or you have always hated UF and the Gators, I really don't see how anyone can dislike Tim Tebow.

I mean I hate the Gatorade(?) commercial where he says: "They said I could never be a..." and I also cringed a little while he was boohooing on the sidelines in Florida, but I still respect the guy. Now that he is no longer a Gator, I have no problems rooting for him to be successful. I hate professional football, yet I have actually turned on the TV to watch Tebow play for the past couple weeks.

This is why so many people like the guy...

And the part I really liked...

Cheers! M2

Shack.

It's why I wish him luck- I truly believe his intentions are honest and he is incredibly selfless. He also spends time on missions to povertous countries and volunteers to speak with inmates at prisons to try to help. We need more like him, IMO.

It's also another reason why Butter's is an ass and his hate-filled posts were moronic.

Shack.

It's why I wish him luck- I truly believe his intentions are honest and he is incredibly selfless. He also spends time on missions to povertous countries and volunteers to speak with inmates at prisons to try to help. We need more like him, IMO.

It's also another reason why Butter's is an ass and his hate-filled posts were moronic.

Bla bla bla... Whatever.

But what if Tebow played Ditka

- who is that Tebowing specimen you posted? Inquiring minds must know.

Well, considering Ditka is God I do not think that Tebow play. And the lady is adult film actress Samantha Saint.

I just broke my own rule and opened a link posted on Baseops while my Wife is sitting next to me. She is not amused....oh well.