A Little tanker love from BMW...

ACCBoomer

Guest Crew Report

Tanker pilots wearing helmets? That's the really unbelievable part.

It was a AARP launch.

IIRC that actually was a requirement in the early days, along with wearing the parachutes.

didn't pass his license plate number...fail.

They actually wanted his full VIN.

The other fail was that he allowed a tanker rejoin instead of just doing it himself.

I like the commercial. I wish they had highlighted the USAF though.

Guest Crew Report

They actually wanted his full VIN.

The other fail was that he allowed a tanker rejoin instead of just doing it himself.

I like the commercial. I wish they had highlighted the USAF though.

Luckily they were in VMC weather. Had they not been, he would have rejoined on the wrong tanker like Hawgs.

That's a good question, who's required to carry helmets?

Luckily they were in VMC weather. Had they not been, he would have rejoined on the wrong tanker like Hawgs.

Don't be a dumbass. I've never rejoined on the wrong tanker in my life.* Not even at night in the wx w/the tanker blacked out because the tanker guys are worried about the threat and think being lights out in the wx is an effective defense...in the middle of fucking nowhere. Never mind it'll take a little longer to get all four rejoined on the tanker and across the boom...the guys on the ground can wait.

*It is impossible to rejoin on the wrong tanker since any tanker with fuel in it is the right one.

*It is impossible to rejoin on the wrong tanker since any tanker with fuel in it is the right one.

Unless the wrong "tanker" happens to be a 777 with 300 pax on board at FL330. To be fair, only mudhen crews are susceptible to this kind of mistake as A-10 pilots tend to get nosebleeds above 180.

• Downvote 1

Unless the wrong "tanker" happens to be a 777 with 300 pax on board at FL330. To be fair, only mudhen crews are susceptible to this kind of mistake as A-10 pilots tend to get nosebleeds above 180.

I thought that the slowest tanker a A-10 could catch up with is the right tanker.

180' AGL.

Looked like a classic KC-135 overrun---point parallels are tough!

To be fair, only mudhen crews are susceptible to this kind of mistake as A-10 pilots tend to get nosebleeds above 180.

That is true...I have had several F-15Es in OEF randomly join our wing thinking we were another tanker. A-10s wouldn't be able to join when we are orbiting as we would have to get slats & flaps out for him to even stay with us.

A-10s wouldn't be able to join when we are orbiting as we would have to get slats & flaps out for him to even stay with us.

Or descend...down where the tanker boogey man lives. Except in BMW commercials.