Latest Movies

B*D*A

Her kids are big fans of aviation, so she went out and got her PPL and bought a Cirrus to take them flying. With Zamporini's SoCal roots and aviation aspect of the story, I think it's probably something she's genuinely interested in.

Let's hope she does it justice. Great book/story.

Watched Angel of the Skies last night, and it was pretty horrible, despite looking decent in the preview. I am usually pretty forgiving on movies, but the acting was horrific in this. The one scene in the planes was sort of OK, but the bad acting even ruined that. IMDB gives it a 3/10. I was going to give it a 2/10.

Watched Angel of the Skies last night, and it was pretty horrible, despite looking decent in the preview. I am usually pretty forgiving on movies, but the acting was horrific in this. The one scene in the planes was sort of OK, but the bad acting even ruined that. IMDB gives it a 3/10. I was going to give it a 2/10.

Guessing there wasn't much of a budget. The CGI in that preview looked like it was straight out of Battlefield 1942.

Monuments Men

Meh.

Clooney plays the same character in every movie, IMO.

Some reasonably funny moments; lots of liberties taken with the actual story, but still this is a different WWII story.

Worth seeing if nothing else is playing.

Book was good, but very dry.

Found a flick on CinemaNow the other day that I never heard of. It was called Parkland, and was about some of the behind the scenes and lesser known events surrounding the JFK assassination. The cast was actually decent - Billy Bob Thorton, Paul Giamatti, Tom Hanks' son. Basically, they sort of follow the lives of 4 people - the ER doctor at Parkland who first received both JFK and Lee Harvey Oswald, a Dallas FBI agent, Oswald's brother, and Abraham Zupruder.

Most of the stuff I knew, but it was interesting seeing some of the finer details played out on the silver screen. For example, they showed where they had LBJ holed up in a windowless room at Parkland, surrounded by secret service guys with M-16s drawn, until they got a better idea of what was and was not happening in terms of a broader act of war. They also talked about how they had to hustle and remove several seats and cut through the bulkhead by the door of Air Force One in order to make room for the casket. And this was after there was almost a fist fight between the secret service and the local coroner about the requirement of the body to remain in Dallas like all other local homicides.

Anyway, it got mediocre reviews, but if you are even a slight history/JFK buff, it would be worth the time to check this one out.

http://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/parkland-trailer/166452

• 3 weeks later...

I legitimately enjoyed Pacific Rim. Not necessarily for the in depth plot but it was a great action movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. The production value was amazing, and it was the first time giant monsters/robots had a real weight on the screen. Additionally, while the cities got destroyed, at least the characters attempted to not break everything and keep the monsters away. A small plot point that I really appreciated.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just got out of Non-stop, featuring Liam Neeson as an air marshal. A couple points on the flying side will have you raising your eyebrows, but I thought it was pretty good. Less predictable than I would have expected... I wasn't able to figure it out, anyway. Any gouge on the new 300 flick?

Just got out of Non-stop, featuring Liam Neeson as an air marshal. A couple points on the flying side will have you raising your eyebrows, but I thought it was pretty good. Less predictable than I would have expected... I wasn't able to figure it out, anyway. Any gouge on the new 300 flick?

Exactly what you'd expect for a 300 sequel: lots of abs, fast-slow-fast asskicking, abs, lots of cgi blood splatter, abs, low IQ dialogue, abs, and Eva Green topless.

I legitimately enjoyed Pacific Rim. Not necessarily for the in depth plot but it was a great action movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Pearlman and Charlie Day made that movie for me.

• Upvote 1