WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

On 1/13/2023 at 6:05 PM, TreeA10 said:

Just a couple days ago, Driving back in the dark from Narita to DFW over the Pacific ocean about 140W, we are on pretty much an easterly heading about FL 350. We start seeing a light that would appear, flare up brighter, burn for about 20 seconds, then go out. This happened approximately every 40 seconds for several minutes with some larger time gaps. The lights had a high to low motion with a slight right to left track.  Looking through the HUD, the lights were anywhere from 2 degrees to 6 degrees above the horizon with no range estimate available. The sun was still well below the horizon in from of us. I'm thinking it was refections off satellites but the repetition was weird. I don't know enough about satellite density and orbital mechanics to hazard a guess. I've seen satellites, the space station and space shuttle reentry and know what those look like and this was nothing like those.  

I had a similar experience just before Thanksgiving.  I was flying eastbound out of Japan heading back to the states.  For approximately 2 hours I observed a repeating pattern of 4 unidentified lights in an off-axis clockwise wheel.  The further east we flew, the more distant and faint the lights became.  The lights appeared to be quite dim when they were at the 'top' of their wheel, but were most bright at the 3-7 o'clock portion of the wheel.  I was exhausted and initially thought I was seeing things (as did the guy in the right seat), until he saw them too!  I'm not a space guy, so it was quite the feeling to see something that I could not explain.

2 hours ago, Standby said:

I had a similar experience just before Thanksgiving.  I was flying eastbound out of Japan heading back to the states.  For approximately 2 hours I observed a repeating pattern of 4 unidentified lights in an off-axis clockwise wheel.  The further east we flew, the more distant and faint the lights became.  The lights appeared to be quite dim when they were at the 'top' of their wheel, but were most bright at the 3-7 o'clock portion of the wheel.  I was exhausted and initially thought I was seeing things (as did the guy in the right seat), until he saw them too!  I'm not a space guy, so it was quite the feeling to see something that I could not explain.

Seen similar on a couple of occasions & know more than a few others who report the same. I’ve heard the star link explanation & while I’m no expert, it sure doesn’t seem like any kind of satellite activity I’ve ever seen. Kinda wonder if it’s one of these things: 

image.jpeg.cad8f452a6ca3fe44bed257ad0a9ff62.jpeg

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Seen similar on a couple of occasions & know more than a few others who report the same. I’ve heard the star link explanation & while I’m no expert, it sure doesn’t seem like any kind of satellite activity I’ve ever seen. Kinda wonder if it’s one of these things: 

image.jpeg.cad8f452a6ca3fe44bed257ad0a9ff62.jpeg

I don't buy the Starlink argument at all.  I should have also included that during the unexplainable light show I witnessed that night/early morning, I saw what can only be described as celestial BFM/ACM.  While I never trust publicly available information about sensitive programs, the DoD only claims that three of those were built.  I saw way more than 3 lights maneuvering/translating simultaneously.  Weird stuff...the explanation exists, I just don't have it.

3 hours ago, Standby said:

the explanation exists, I just don't have it.

Indeed. It’s funny how minds work when one can’t explain something, but only due to a lack of specific knowledge that they don’t know they don’t have, not because they’re dumb or aliens are taking over. 

24 minutes ago, brabus said:

Indeed. It’s funny how minds work when one can’t explain something, but only due to a lack of specific knowledge that they don’t know they don’t have, not because they’re dumb or aliens are taking over. 

Wasn't the DoD getting more interested in stuff like this a few years ago, realizing China might have technology we don't understand? 

1 hour ago, TreeA10 said:

WTF was that??? I'm not sure if M2 needs a psychiatrist or a veterinarian. 

9 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

M2, you explore some truly unique corners of the internet.

Random Funny GIF - Random Funny Funny Animals GIFs

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, M2 said:

Random Funny GIF - Random Funny Funny Animals GIFs

This is a typical Sunday for retired aviators.  Lol

• Upvote 1

What is a simp?   I can only think of the word simpleton.