WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

On 4/28/2024 at 12:05 PM, fire4effect said:

Do your job right and you get out without anyone knowing who you are and I'm perfectly ok with that.

Gotta second this statement.  It applies in almost every situation.  When I retired from the AFRC, dudes were calling me the next few UTAs wondering where the hell I was.  It's my goal in my current airline job to retire and have the bobs see the paperwork and say "who?"

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2024 at 12:33 PM, FourFans said:

back-stabbing douchebag turd snorkler.

This is funny as shit. 

Turd snorkler.   How have I made it to my middle ages without hearing this gem?

Yes.  I started spelling turd with a U.  It's the appropriate letter.  

Edited by Biff_T
I added a question mark. For my English teacher

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, StoleIt said:

Fixed it for you.

I thought Hillary already had a job as Jodie Foster's minge stunt double in HBO's True Detective.   🤔

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

7 minutes ago, arg said:

Stupid fucking cops.

Does something happen after 8 minutes that changes the story?

I'm not sure how you watched that and thought the cops were the idiots in the situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

I'm not sure how you watched that and thought the cops were the idiots in the situation.

The amount of traffic on the road? 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, arg said:

The amount of traffic on the road? 

Do you thing those being chased simply shoplifted at a Walmart?

People don't get pursued like that unless they've committed a serious crime and are a threat to society.  It was proportional to the situation. 

Had your family member been their victim, or would be a victim after the police let them get away, you'd feel a lot different about it!

The stupid ones are those that flee, not the cops chasing them!  It's their decision to endanger everyone on the road, not the police's.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, M2 said:

People don't get pursued like that unless they've committed a serious crime and are a threat to society.  It was proportional to the situation. 

Had your family member been their victim, or would be a victim after the police let them get away, you'd feel a lot different about it!

The stupid ones are those that flee, not the cops chasing them!  It's their decision to endanger everyone on the road, not the police's.

Well… according to the info on the YouTube post, these guys were being chased because they failed to pull over for a traffic stop… initiated to investigate drug possession.

So yeah, the folks in the truck are idiots because they chose to run… but putting innocent bystanders at risk to conduct an investigation of a non-violent crime police THINK is occurring: that’s not proportional. That’s fucking dumb.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, M2 said:

According to the video description one guy in the truck being chased was suspected of drug possession, suspected. So to endanger all those people on that road was justified? In my opinion, no. I believe if we looked up the FHPs policy on high speed pursuit if it becomes a danger to the public, and this clearly was, then they disengage. If my family members were on that road the biggest threat was from the FHP.

Did you see FHP at about 2:10? That was not a PIT attempt, that looked like Waltrip trying to put Dale into the wall. There were many close calls with citizens vehicles during that chase. The final successful PIT sent the FHPs car into another car. What if your family was in that car? Would you shake the troopers hand, thank him for keeping us safe, and pay for the damages to your car?

That chase was some crazy shit. They should have called it off.

Added, M2, I can't think of one of your posts that I've disagreed with. But this I do.

Edited by arg
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I've watched way too many pursuits on youtube.  Some of them are just plain stupid.  If you aren't chasing someone who killed someone, it ain't worth it.  Would you feel its justified if they (the cops) killed one of your family in the process to catch a shoplifter?  Most jurisdictions are getting much more regulated and back off if there aren't big time assholes being chased but shit still happens.  

Also, watch the ending when the cops run up on the assholes.  50 different conflicting commands screamed by 3 different cops at two different people.  Watch a lot of 'cop debriefs' by cops and there and they say it all the time, it ain't worth it in most situations.  

1 hour ago, M2 said:

In a lot of the situations yes.  Simple speeding/fleeing.  Shoplifting.  Expired tags.  I could direct you to about a thousand chase videos showing it.  

So if its your daughter that gets plowed into by a cop, you're good with the result?  Got a dope head off the street for 24 hours.  Probably worth it.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Cops are supposed to be the responsible ones here.  This isn't Nam'.  

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, jice said:

Well… according to the info on the YouTube post, these guys were being chased because they failed to pull over for a traffic stop… initiated to investigate drug possession.

So yeah, the folks in the truck are idiots because they chose to run… but putting innocent bystanders at risk to conduct an investigation of a non-violent crime police THINK is occurring: that’s not proportional. That’s fucking dumb.

Wait, who put who at risk? The cops are always going to escalate. That's what they're paid for. All three of those guys have killed people. They didn't run because they thought they were getting busted for a minor drug charge. Don't be so naive.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, M2 said:

The real reason I was on this thread... 🤣🤣Screenshot_20240502_222041_Facebook.thumb.jpg.68a8e30f1e9897054489a80f564dcf2d.jpg

They are the same person.  They've never been spotted in the same room together.   

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ViperMan said:

Wait, who put who at risk? The cops are always going to escalate. That's what they're paid for. All three of those guys have killed people. They didn't run because they thought they were getting busted for a minor drug charge. Don't be so naive.

The suspects who ran on a busy highway put people at risk. The police who continued the pursuit on a busy highway decided to continue putting people at risk. “Protecting and serving” is one way to say what they’re paid for… this is not that. 

Nobody involved except the suspects knew why they ran, but unless they’re actively murdering somebody in there, that amount of risk for bystanders is unwarranted.

Naive? Copy. Don’t be a bootlicker.

Edited by jice
Words

8 minutes ago, jice said:

Don’t be a bootlicker

Ah, there we go. No point in continuing with you.

7 hours ago, uhhello said:

If you aren't chasing someone who killed someone, it ain't worth it. 

Armed drug dealers? I think the murder-only threshold is too high.

Contrary to popular belief, people who have just broken traffic laws don't often flee a traffic stop like that.

I can happily engage with the idea that the terrible attempt at a pit maneuver should not have occurred, and the cops should have simply followed the suspects until they tired themselves out. Of course then if that truck had rammed into a bus full of orphans without police intervention, the police would still be blamed.

7 hours ago, uhhello said:

In a lot of the situations yes.  Simple speeding/fleeing.  Shoplifting.  Expired tags.  I could direct you to about a thousand chase videos showing it.

In almost every one of the videos I've watched, the expired tags are why the crook is pulled over, not why they subsequently flee. There's usually an associated warrant. Either way, hard for the cops to know at the moment.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jice said:

The suspects who ran on a busy highway people at risk. The police who continued the pursuit on a busy highway decided to continue putting people at risk. “Protecting and serving” is one way to say what they’re paid for… this is not that. 

Nobody involved except the suspects knew why they ran, but unless they’re actively murdering somebody in there, that amount of risk for bystanders is unwarranted.

Naive? Copy. Don’t be a boot licker.

Force Multiplier.

Had this discussion years ago with a former military member who was a cop and that's what he called it. Few wanting to fund the cost was and is the issue. Avoid a few multi-million-dollar payouts and I say it's paid for itself. Of course, sophisticated/expensive unmanned systems are another though potentially reasonable discussion. When word gets out you can't outrun it you also have a potential deterrent effect to not run in the first place.

image.jpeg.ec4a76b9d9b69d4af58733ede9b29d85.jpeg

$18 million on a specialized helicopter ...

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, fire4effect said:

Force Multiplier.

Had this discussion years ago with a former military member who was a cop and that's what he called it. Few wanting to fund the cost was and is the issue. Avoid a few multi-million-dollar payouts and I say it's paid for itself. Of course, sophisticated/expensive unmanned systems are another though potentially reasonable discussion. When word gets out you can't outrun it you also have a potential deterrent effect to not run in the first place.

Exactly. And in cases where this isn’t available… get a warrant and serve it. 

1 hour ago, fire4effect said:

Force Multiplier.

Put some guns and a few rockets for added deterrence.  

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

Ah, there we go. No point in continuing with you.

Armed drug dealers? I think the murder-only threshold is too high.

Contrary to popular belief, people who have just broken traffic laws don't often flee a traffic stop like that.

I can happily engage with the idea that the terrible attempt at a pit maneuver should not have occurred, and the cops should have simply followed the suspects until they tired themselves out. Of course then if that truck had rammed into a bus full of orphans without police intervention, the police would still be blamed.

In almost every one of the videos I've watched, the expired tags are why the crook is pulled over, not why they subsequently flee. There's usually an associated warrant. Either way, hard for the cops to know at the moment.

My final thoughts are, pursue when absolutely necessary for the safety of the public.  Public safety overrides your desire to catch someone for speeding.  I know this is a double edge sword in regards to policies of no chasing probably leads to more runners.  I've seen plenty of straight idiots leading police on 5 county 110+ mph chases all for a simple traffic violation or minor warrant.  The folks who do this aren't smart criminals, they'll be caught very shortly, don't put my family or loved ones in danger to keep up with them at very high speeds in residential areas or busy highways.  

If you're dead set on pursuing the runner, end it as quick as possible.  Don't chase them for 1/2 hour at high speeeds only to finally PIT them at the end.  More cops need training/permission to do so, otherwise, don't pursue unless aboslutely necesasry.   

I appreciate cops.  Have a few good friends that are cops.  You couldn't pay me enough money to do what they have to do day in day out.  That said, they are human and have egos and there are a lot that shouldn't have a badge.   They don't engage their brain and take everything in prior to pursuing like in the above video.  Have seen a lot of departments that have 'don't chase unless' policies and they back off after getting the plate.  Half hour later they are found wherever because they are stupid and get arrested.   

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, ViperMan said:

Where do you see they killed people?

Fernandes Barbosa, of Deerfield Beach, was on felony probation for possession of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana. He was also facing two probation violations.

Reed, of Riviera Beach, is an 8-time convicted felon, whose last conviction was on Nov. 30, 2016, for burglary of an unoccupied dwelling in Martin County. He was also facing charges of possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon.

Montes, of Wellington, is a four-time convicted felon. He was born in South Carolina and was last convicted on Jan. 19, 2017, of willful fleeing and eluding in Palm Beach County.