WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

You SOB, don't EVER post another picture like that.

(perhaps you could have deleted the photo to eliminate 'effect'...)

Edited by Spoo

Not Gay Enough for Gay Softball Tournament

Bisexual men sue gay group, claim bias

Three bisexual men are suing a national gay athletic league, saying they were discriminated against during the Gay Softball World Series held in Seattle two years ago.

By Janet I. Tu

Seattle Times staff reporter

Three bisexual men are suing a national gay-athletic organization, saying they were discriminated against during the Gay Softball World Series held in the Seattle area two years ago.

The three Bay Area men say the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance in essence deemed them not gay enough to participate in the series.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Seattle accuses the alliance of violating Washington state laws barring discrimination. The alliance organizes the annual Gay Softball World Series.

Beth Allen, the alliance's attorney, said the lawsuit is unwarranted and that the three plaintiffs "were not discriminated against in any unlawful manner."

In any case, Allen said, the alliance is a private organization and, as such, can determine its membership based on its goals.

Whether the alliance is public or private will likely have to be determined in court, since the plaintiffs characterize the alliance as a "public accommodation" that's open to the public and uses public softball fields.

The three plaintiffs — Steven Apilado, LaRon Charles and Jon Russ — played on a team called D2 that qualified for the 2008 Gay Softball World Series, which is organized by the alliance.

The alliance's rules say that each World Series team can have no more than two heterosexual players. According to the lawsuit, a competing team accused D2 of violating that rule.

Each of the three plaintiffs was called into a conference room in front of more than 25 people, and was asked "personal and intrusive questions" about his sexual attractions and desires, purportedly to determine if the player was heterosexual or gay, the lawsuit alleges. The alliance has no category or definition for bisexual or transgender people in its rules, the plaintiff's attorney said.

At one point during the proceedings, the lawsuit alleges, one of the plaintiffs was told: "This is the Gay World Series, not the Bisexual World Series."

The alliance ruled the three men were "nongay," stripped D2 of its second-place finish and recommended that the three players be suspended from participating in the World Series for a year, according to the suit.

The men are asking for $75,000 each for emotional distress. They're also seeking to invalidate the alliance's findings on the men's sexual orientations and to reinstate D2's second-place World Series finish.

"This case is just about treating everybody in the community equally ... and not interrogating folks about whether they're gay enough to play," said Melanie Rowen, an attorney for the National Center for Lesbian Rights, which is representing the three men.

The men also are asking the court to toss out the alliance's rule limiting the number of straight players on each team.

Hypothetically, that could mean a team of all-straight people could form, but "it would be extremely unlikely for that to happen," Rowen said.

The alliance was formed in 1977 and now includes more than 680 teams in 37 leagues across the U.S. and Canada, according to its website.

What's next, not letting dudes fly Eagles because they don't use enough hair gel?! Boom, roasted!

Edited by LockheedFix

Fri Apr 23, 5:36 pm ET

SALT LAKE CITY – A Utah woman has been sentenced to 30 days in jail with credit for two days served for blindfolding her husband and promising him a surprise before hitting him in the head with a hammer three years ago.

Amy Teresa Ricks also was sentenced to probation and community service Monday in 3rd District Court. The 37-year-old pleaded guilty to second-degree felony aggravated assault in February.

Prosecutors have agreed to reduce the conviction to a third-degree felony after Ricks completes probation. They also agreed to let Ricks seek expungement of the crime after seven years.

Ricks' husband suffered minor injuries in the May 2007 attack. At the time of her plea, Ricks' defense attorney said the two were still married but were separated.

When Housecats Attack

REXBURG - A domestic cat attack sends two people to the hospital. The family says their cat was completely normal until 3 days after it gave birth to kittens. But then the cat got defensive, and the family says it tried to kill them.

It began Tuesday at 5:30am. The Ostermiller's were asleep in their bed when they heard a sound.

"All I heard was rrwwwrrrr hisss," said Jackie Ostermiller, who was attacked by her domestic cat.

Jackie woke up and saw her cat, Renesmee, (named after the Twilight character) panicking. Jackie thinks a male cat had wandered by and her cat was protecting her kittens. So she went to grab her cat to prevent her from bolting out a hole in the screen door. That's when her cat jumped at her.

"I was being mauled literally for the kill. She had got ahold of my nose first, my face first, my arms first, I was literally screaming, 'Blaine get off get her off, she's attacking me, get her off. He jumped up in the middle of his sleep, took his c-pap machine just jerked it off, threw it on the floor. He was literally able to pry her off of me,'" said Jackie Ostermiller.

"Confusion. I woke up hearing my wife scream, I didn't know what was going on until I looked over there, until I looked over there seeing (the cat) viciously attacking her," said Blaine Ostermiller, Jackie's husband.

Blaine did get the cat off, but not before 35 bite marks and 15 bruises later. Then, when Jackie was washing the blood off her face, the cat came back.

"Washed the blood of her face and part of her hands, she actually attacked her leg a second time," said Blaine Ostermiller.

The Ostermiller's both saw an unusual stare right before that second attack.

"She came at me with the deadliest eyes," said Jackie Ostermiller.

"I noticed she was looking at my wife with a weird look," said Blaine Ostermiller.

But even after this whole ordeal, the Ostermiller family hasn't turned their back on cats. They even plan on getting a new kitten soon. But they do have a word of caution.

"I want people to know how dangerous cats can be, they can turn on you in a dime. Believe it or not, cats!" said Jackie Ostermiller.

Jackie feels that none of this would have happened either, if they had just spayed their cat.

The Ostermiller's ended up giving up their cat to the Rexburg Shelter. It's likely that it will be put down. But it hasn't been put down yet because it's nursing some kittens.

you don't chase shoplifters in retail... i've worked for a big box electronics store. Try and prevent them from getting out the door anyway shape or form, but then be ready to file a report, the police do a damn good job of getting them if you did your part to get a description. Probably can even tackle them inside the store, but once they are out the door, file a good report and let it go. These companies are prepared to deal with shoplifting losses. It happens at least once a week at most stores, you try to minimize it, and awards are given to stores that lower the amount they have stolen, but the corporate headquarters knows there will be losses due to theft. Not worth an employee getting hurt over the merchandise. It's just merchandise.

you don't chase shoplifters in retail... i've worked for a big box electronics store. Try and prevent them from getting out the door anyway shape or form, but then be ready to file a report, the police do a damn good job of getting them if you did your part to get a description. Probably can even tackle them inside the store, but once they are out the door, file a good report and let it go. These companies are prepared to deal with shoplifting losses. It happens at least once a week at most stores, you try to minimize it, and awards are given to stores that lower the amount they have stolen, but the corporate headquarters knows there will be losses due to theft. Not worth an employee getting hurt over the merchandise. It's just merchandise.

Fair enough, but to fire someone for trying to help in their time off seems a bit extreme.

Guest StreamOfTheSky

Fair enough, but to fire someone for trying to help in their time off seems a bit extreme.

Definitely. They weren't in the store, they weren't on the clock, they did absolutely nothing illegal (article never mentioned any charges)...corporate policy shouldn't apply when you're not at work. Except of course for things that need to extend beyond work, like confidential information. But this isn't anything like that. I'd boycott Sprint, but I've never used their shitty service anyway. :flipoff:

Don't you find that logic inconsistant? It's ok to tackle a guy in the store but you'll get fired if you chase him out the door? Employees have the potential to be hurt over merchandise inside and outside. Also, in their off time at another store? Seems like Sprint is reaching for authority it shouldn't have. These guys are private citizens and shouldn't be beholden to corporate policy when they aren't on the clock. Something is fundamentally broken with any system that rewards and encourages people to be pussies and punishes them when they take a risk to help others.

Friend of mine got let go from best buy a couple years back when he stopped someone from stealing two playstation 3's.... Sad, but 100% correct.

Don't you find that logic inconsistant? It's ok to tackle a guy in the store but you'll get fired if you chase him out the door?

Yeah, That's why I put "probably can tackle in the store", I couldn't remember the exact policy, and our main Loss Prevention guy at the door was a 70 year old retired marine that always talked about taking out shoplifters, but never had the chance, I highly doubt he would have if given the chance. The biggest thing is there are very good strategies to dissuade people from shoplifting. Contacting them is a big one. That's why you will almost always be contacted within a minute or 2 of entering any department at the store. The more contact with the shoplifter, the less likely he is to have the guyts to try something because he will feel watched Contacting them is also important to start a sale. Also, if you are fairly sure they are up to something, you confront them about it in a tactful manner "hey man, you checked out the new model PS3 yet?", suddenly he knows that you know he has a PS3 stashed away, he knows you have a good description of him, and he isn't going to start a scene because the goal is to be stealthy. Did we have people who grabbed several PS3s and a 360 and quick make a dash for the backdoor? Yeah. and we got the best description we could, got the car make and model (liscense covered up), sent in the report, and usually we'd get the merch back and someone would end up busted.

Edited by AEWingsMN

The biggest thing is there are very good strategies to dissuade people from shoplifting. Contacting them is a big one. That's why you will almost always be contacted within a minute or 2 of entering any department at the store. The more contact with the shoplifter, the less likely he is to have the guyts to try something because he will feel watched Contacting them is also important to start a sale. Also, if you are fairly sure they are up to something, you confront them about it in a tactful manner "hey man, you checked out the new model PS3 yet?", suddenly he knows that you know he has a PS3 stashed away, he knows you have a good description of him, and he isn't going to start a scene because the goal is to be stealthy. Did we have people who grabbed several PS3s and a 360 and quick make a dash for the backdoor? Yeah. and we got the best description we could, got the car make and model (liscense covered up), sent in the report, and usually we'd get the merch back and someone would end up busted.

That was the policy when I worked at Lowe's - "kill them with kindness". If you're ever in a Lowe's and you see multiple associates following one person around the store and constantly asking if they need help with anything, they're most likely tailing a shoplifter. Only the Loss Prevention guy(s) was authorized by corporate to touch a shoplifter, and then only under very specific conditions.

Definitely. They weren't in the store, they weren't on the clock, they did absolutely nothing illegal (article never mentioned any charges)...corporate policy shouldn't apply when you're not at work. Except of course for things that need to extend beyond work, like confidential information. But this isn't anything like that. I'd boycott Sprint, but I've never used their shitty service anyway. :flipoff:

Yeah, WTF. I understand why companies have policies like that in their own store (don't want to be hit with a stupid lawsuit), but elsewhere??

Then again, Apple store employees are generally a bunch of hipsters who probably hate the concept of justice. Store manager probably threatened to take away Sprint manager's special discount if he didn't can the two guys.

Interesting, but most definitely a big WTF…

Puerto Rican Murder Victim's Corpse Propped on Motorbike

6533309.jpg

6533312.jpg

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- A 22-year-old Puerto Rican loved his motorbike so much his family opted to put his corpse on his Honda instead of a traditional casket at his wake.

David Morales Colon was shot to death last week in San Juan.

Mourners were taken aback Thursday when they showed up at the wake and found his corpse deck out in shades, a baseball cap and propped up on a Honda CBR600.

Colon's family says he was a motorcycle fanatic and would have wanted it that way.

The Marin Funeral Home in San Juan where the wake was held, has made headlines before for its unusual wakes.

In 2008, the funeral home reportedly kept the embalmed body of a 24-year-old man standing throughout a wake that lasted three days.

Could you imagine being propped up in a ACES II in the squadron bar for your wake? Brew in one hand, a stripper in the other?!? That may not be such a bad idea... :airforce:

Cheers! M2

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

Holy shit, this got my blood pressure up!

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

Freedom of expression or cultural disrespect on Cinco de Mayo?

By GEORGE KIRIYAMA

Updated 6:26 AM PDT, Thu, May 6, 2010

Print Email Share Buzz up!TWITTER FACEBOOK

NBC Bay Area On any other day at Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, Daniel Galli and his four friends would not even be noticed for wearing T-shirts with the American flag. But Cinco de Mayo is not any typical day especially on a campus with a large Mexican American student population.

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the vice principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

The boys said the administrators called their T-shirts "incendiary" that would lead to fights on campus.

"They said if we tried to go back to class with our shirts not taken off, they said it was defiance and we would get suspended," Dominic Maciel, Galli's friend, said.

The boys really had no choice, and went home to avoid suspension. They say they're angry they were not allowed to express their American pride. Their parents are just as upset, calling what happened to their children, "total nonsense."

"I think it's absolutely ridiculous," Julie Fagerstrom, Maciel's mom, said. "All they were doing was displaying their patriotic nature. They're expressing their individuality."

But to many Mexican-American students at Live Oak, this was a big deal. They say they were offended by the five boys and others for wearing American colors on a Mexican holiday.

"I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

As for an apology, the boys and their families say, "fat chance."

"I'm not going to apologize. I did nothing wrong," Galli said. "I went along with my normal day. I might have worn an American flag, but I'm an American and I'm proud to be an American."

The five boys and their families met with a Morgan Hill Unified School District official Wednesday night. The district released a statement saying it does not agree with how Live Oak High School administrators handled this incident.

The boys will not be suspended and they were told they can go back to school Thursday. They may even wear their red, white, and blue colors again, but this time, the day after Cinco de Mayo, there will be no controversy.

First Published: May 6, 2010 1:22 AM PDT