WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Another gem from Marion "The bitch set me up" Barry, Mayor for Life and City Councilman of Ward 8 here in DC:

Ward 8 D.C. Councilman Marion Barry is on the hot seat again.

Celebrating his victory in the Democratic primary on Tuesday night, Barry spoke up about the prominence of businesses owned by Asians in the District.

“We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,” Barry said in remarks first reported by WRC-TV. “They ought to go. I’m going to say that right now. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.”

http://washingtonexa...s-coming/448886

How stupid are the people who keep electing this MORON!?

I guess they're able to overlook some minor indiscretions..this list is current as of 2010:

Feb. 15, 1990: A federal grand jury indicts Barry on three felony counts of lying to a federal grand jury about his cocaine involvement in 1986 and 1988 and on five counts of cocaine possession from the Vista case and incidents in 1988. More drug charges come later

Aug. 10, 1990: Barry is convicted of cocaine possession.

Oct. 26, 1990: A U.S. District judge sentences Barry to six months in prison and orders him to pay $5,000 for the cocaine possession conviction.

Oct. 26, 1991: Barry begins the sentence at the Federal Correctional Institution in Petersburg, Va., after unsuccessful efforts to appeal the judge's decision.

March 21, 2002: U.S. Park Police find traces of marijuana and $5 worth of crack cocaine in Barry's Jaguar while it's stopped in the no-parking zone in Buzzard Point in Southwest about 9 p.m. He is not charged.

Oct. 28, 2005: Barry pleads guilty to misdemeanor tax charges for failing to file local and federal income tax returns for six years, is ordered to undergo drug testing and is released on his own recognizance.

Sept. 10, 2006: Secret Service officers stop Barry, alleging that he ran a red light at 16th and H streets NW. He is charged with driving under the influence, operating a motor vehicle while impaired, driving an unregistered vehicle and misusing temporary tags.

November 2006: Barry tests positive for cocaine and marijuana during a court-ordered drug screening for his tax charge.

March 9, 2006: Barry is sentenced to three years of supervised probation for his tax troubles.

Dec. 16, 2006: U.S. Park Police stop Barry, alleging that he was driving too slowly at 25th Street and Alabama Avenue SE, and cite him for driving on a suspended license.

May 12, 2006: Barry is cited for failure to yield the right of way after he pulls a 1990 Mercedes out of a parking space and into the path of a vehicle in the 1000 block of First Street SE. He passes a blood-alcohol test after officers suspect him of being impaired.

June 13, 2007: Barry is acquitted of charges in his December 2006 arrest. Although arresting officers testify to his slurred speech, Barry's attorney says he simply has "thick-tongued" diction. Barry was driving a friend's Camaro, so he was unaware of registration and tag issues.

July 4, 2009: Barry is arrested and charged with misdemeanor stalking by U.S. Park Police. While in her car, on-again-off-again girlfriend Donna Watts-Brighthaupt flags down police in Anacostia Park and tells them that Barry, in another vehicle, is "bothering her."

Feb. 16: Special counsel Robert S. Bennett files a report with the D.C. Council, concluding that Barry personally benefited from a contract he obtained for his former girlfriend.

Feb. 23: Barry apologizes for exercising poor judgment in awarding the contract to Watts-Brighthaupt.

March 2: D.C. Council censures Barry, strips him of his committee chairmanship and refers allegations of public corruption to the U.S. attorney's office for possible criminal prosecution.

http://www.washingto...0021704596.html

I guess they're able to overlook some minor indiscretions..this list is current as of 2010:

Feb. 15, 1990: A federal grand jury indicts Barry on three felony counts of lying to a federal grand jury about his cocaine involvement in 1986 and 1988 and on five counts of cocaine possession from the Vista case and incidents in 1988. More drug charges come later

Aug. 10, 1990: Barry is convicted of cocaine possession.

Oct. 26, 1990: A U.S. District judge sentences Barry to six months in prison and orders him to pay $5,000 for the cocaine possession conviction.

Oct. 26, 1991: Barry begins the sentence at the Federal Correctional Institution in Petersburg, Va., after unsuccessful efforts to appeal the judge's decision.

March 21, 2002: U.S. Park Police find traces of marijuana and $5 worth of crack cocaine in Barry's Jaguar while it's stopped in the no-parking zone in Buzzard Point in Southwest about 9 p.m. He is not charged.

Oct. 28, 2005: Barry pleads guilty to misdemeanor tax charges for failing to file local and federal income tax returns for six years, is ordered to undergo drug testing and is released on his own recognizance.

Sept. 10, 2006: Secret Service officers stop Barry, alleging that he ran a red light at 16th and H streets NW. He is charged with driving under the influence, operating a motor vehicle while impaired, driving an unregistered vehicle and misusing temporary tags.

November 2006: Barry tests positive for cocaine and marijuana during a court-ordered drug screening for his tax charge.

March 9, 2006: Barry is sentenced to three years of supervised probation for his tax troubles.

Dec. 16, 2006: U.S. Park Police stop Barry, alleging that he was driving too slowly at 25th Street and Alabama Avenue SE, and cite him for driving on a suspended license.

May 12, 2006: Barry is cited for failure to yield the right of way after he pulls a 1990 Mercedes out of a parking space and into the path of a vehicle in the 1000 block of First Street SE. He passes a blood-alcohol test after officers suspect him of being impaired.

June 13, 2007: Barry is acquitted of charges in his December 2006 arrest. Although arresting officers testify to his slurred speech, Barry's attorney says he simply has "thick-tongued" diction. Barry was driving a friend's Camaro, so he was unaware of registration and tag issues.

July 4, 2009: Barry is arrested and charged with misdemeanor stalking by U.S. Park Police. While in her car, on-again-off-again girlfriend Donna Watts-Brighthaupt flags down police in Anacostia Park and tells them that Barry, in another vehicle, is "bothering her."

Feb. 16: Special counsel Robert S. Bennett files a report with the D.C. Council, concluding that Barry personally benefited from a contract he obtained for his former girlfriend.

Feb. 23: Barry apologizes for exercising poor judgment in awarding the contract to Watts-Brighthaupt.

March 2: D.C. Council censures Barry, strips him of his committee chairmanship and refers allegations of public corruption to the U.S. attorney's office for possible criminal prosecution.

http://www.washingto...0021704596.html

OK come on, lets not nitpick the poor man.

How stupid are the people who keep electing this MORON!?

Maybe he has the Asian vote. They vote as a block.

Speaking of WTF... I PCS'd/TDY enroute in Jun '11. I suspended my Directv till I was done with my TDYs/moved into where ever I would be living at my next base.

So at my next base now and finally permantley moved in with a roomie from work who already has cable, so I call up Directv to go ahead and cancel my service and they say sure, but I owe 2 months of early cancellation fees because thats how long I had left on my contract when i suspended my account and PCS'd.

I'm calling bullshit, I was planning on keeping Directv and only had to suspend/cancel my account because of a Military move. I was on the phone with them for 42min already today, talked to 3 different people and they're still giving me the run around. What magic words do I need to say so they don' make me pay some penalty? Anyone else have experience with the ass-pain of Directv?

The key words are military move and they should let you off the hook.

Exactly, the word military move and sending them a copy of my orders have worked for me in the past with DirecTV.

http://autos.aol.com/article/why-a-convicted-drunk-driver-is-suing-his-victims/?fb_ref=article&fb_source=home_multiline

Guy pleads guilty to DUI after killing several people in a car accident. Now, after spending some time in prison, he's had a change of heart...and he's suing the victims' families, alleging that the victim cause the accident.

You would almost have to admire the stones that takes, if it weren't such a dick move.

http://autos.aol.com...=home_multiline

Guy pleads guilty to DUI after killing several people in a car accident. Now, after spending some time in prison, he's had a change of heart...and he's suing the victims' families, alleging that the victim cause the accident.

You would almost have to admire the stones that takes, if it weren't such a dick move.

Congrats on the 2000th post in this thread! :rock:

• Upvote 1

Christian parents fight for their children's god given right to bully gay kids

EDIT: I don't frequent this site for "celebrities, sex, and fashion for women" but this gem popped up on my FB feed.

It's interesting to me how the same people who howl in protest when Muslims assert their rights, claiming that they are attempting to force "Sharia law" on us, are perfectly comfortable doing the same thing as long as it's their religion getting preferential treatment.