WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Speaking of WTF...nunya, what the ###### is going on in your avatar pic?

I think that's part of the aftermath of the DE ANG tornado incident from several years back... but we'll let nunya answer for certain.

edit - Delaware Guard battles tornado, flood

Edited by JarheadBoom

Yep. I wasn't in that unit or anything, just thought it'd make a good avatar. Little Rock has had a few planes pushed around over the years, too. Here's higher res and a different angle. I hope the sheetmetal shop got a bonus after cleaning up that mess.

c130stormdamage.jpg

800px-166th_Airlift_Wing_C-130_Hercules_damage_from_September_2004_tornado.jpg

edit: I hadn't seen this one before. You can see part of it on the left edge of the pic above.

035.jpg

Edited by nunya
  • Upvote 1

WTF?

A Brevard woman disappeared, but never left home

A4S_norris072411a_184069c.jpg

Last year, a week before Thanksgiving, a man in Cape Canaveral bought in a foreclosure auction a two-story stucco run-down townhouse on a short, straight street called Cherie Down Lane. He went to see his purchase he hoped to fix up and sell.

He found in the kitchen dishes stacked so high on the counter they almost touched the bottoms of the cabinets. In the living room on the carpet was a towel with two plates of mold-covered cat food. Empty orange pill bottles were everywhere. In front of the couch, open on a single TV tray, was a Brevard County Hometown News, dated July 24, 2009.

Both bedrooms were the same: stuff strewn all over, clothes and fake flowers and plants and a dusty treadmill pushed into a far corner, a mattress propped against tightly shut drapes, and stacks and stacks of books, about religion, about weight loss, about wiping out debts and making fresh starts.

Next to the door to the garage was a bulletin board with a 13-year-old receipt from Home Depot and an inspirational quote: "I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent."

He opened the door to the garage.

Inside was an old silver sedan. The doors were locked. He looked inside and saw a white blanket on the back seat. There was a pillow on the floor. Hanging from the rearview mirror was an air freshener shaped like a pine tree. Wedged against the console was a thin white candle. He stopped on what he saw in the passenger seat: the mummified body of what looked like a woman.

The call to the Sheriff's Office came on Nov. 18, 2010, just before noon. The townhouse, deputies learned, had belonged to a woman named Kathryn Norris, and the 1987 silver Chevy Nova was registered to her, too. She had used a normal amount of electricity in July 2009 and much less in August and none after that. She had paid her mortgage in August and then stopped. Her head was on the floor and her feet were on the seat. The corpse, deputies wrote in their report, was wearing a dress.

Television trucks showed up. Local reporters talked to her neighbors.

The neighbors said that they seldom saw her but that for more than a year they hadn't seen her at all. One called her "a little strange." Another said she "just disappeared."

How could a woman die a block from the beach, surrounded by her neighbors, and not be found for almost 16 months?

How could a woman go missing inside her own home?

(Full story at link)

And now for the punchline! The article later states that "She was buried in Ohio. There was a short service. Her brief obituary said she would be missed!" :bash:

tumblr_lox502GmGe1qmvmylo1_500.jpg

Fail

The second photograph is not from Nagasaki, but from the Kozuchi shrine in Otsuchi (Iwate prefecture) on the northeast coast of Honshu, after a tsunami struck that area in March 2011. Geographically, these two arches are on opposite sides and ends of Japan.

Geographically, these two arches are on opposite sides and ends of Japan.

I thought nothing's on the opposite side when you're dropping the big one.

Let's get some BUFF guys to clarify.

Fail

The second photograph is not from Nagasaki, but from the Kozuchi shrine in Otsuchi (Iwate prefecture) on the northeast coast of Honshu, after a tsunami struck that area in March 2011. Geographically, these two arches are on opposite sides and ends of Japan.

I didn't make the poster, just posting it. Good to know though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Irregardless, what is that arc made of?

fail x2.

it's in the link Clearedhot posted that's labelled "Fail"...

The answer to the question posed above is that the arch in these pictures (a torii, a Japanese gate most commonly found at the entrance of a Shinto shrine) is traditionally made of wood or stone.

I will however agree with the intent of your post. Whether or not it's the same arch, WTF? That's still impressive.

Edited by AEWingsMN
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hell, with a little Sweet Baby Ray's, it was probably delicious! :notworthy:

But that's what you get when you name your pet pig "Spam!" :rock:

Police: Florida Man Kills, Eats Neighbor's Pet Pig

PANACEA, Fla. -- A Florida tattoo parlor owner is facing serious charges after police say he shot and killed a neighbor's pot-bellied pig and then ate it.

Police in Wakulla County made the discovery while serving a search warrant at David Howard King's tattoo parlor on Monday as part of a prescription drug investigation. The search warrant was served at the Apocalyptic Tattoo Studio after undercover detectives said they conducted an undercover purchase of prescription pills involving King.

Police said no pills were found during the raid but that King admitted to killing his neighbor's pet pig.

King, 36, said the 12-year-old pot-bellied pig named Spam had wandered into his property last week. Deputies said they recovered six plastic bags of pork parts from a freezer at the tattoo studio. They say they also found the gun used to shoot Spam. The pig was valued at $350.

King is charged with grand theft of livestock and cruelty to animals. He also faces charges of possession of prescription pills with intent to sell, distribution of Schedule III prescription pills and trafficking in more than four grams.

King was transported to the Wakulla County Jail without incident. He is being held on $200,000 bond.