Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Our personnel can tell an AIM-9 from an AIM-120; I think they can figure out if someone is wearing a reflective belt or reflective PT gear and just let them go.

There are more than a few USAF personnel, here on McGuire, who cannot tell a KC-10 from a C-17.

I shit you not.

I have little-to-no confidence that the right people can grasp the concept of "reflective clothing = reflective belt".

by whom? the same faceless dickless jackasses that instituted the RB policy in the first place? that's the problem with the deid-- one hand shakes the other whenever it comes to "looking into" things. I've NEVER heard anyone not bitch about the RB policy, they always pass the buck to someone else, and their only job is to "enforce the policy". YGBFSM. Generally, people are not apt to enforce a policy they have no interest of belief in. I sure as shit don't, at least when it comes to Deidtardedness.

You mean like how, during their last SAV, one of the items that emerged was "BPC was built for people with 24/7 ops and crew rest cycles, you should be putting all aircrew in there even if they aren't at AUAB for 6 months"? Still haven't seen any movement on that one...although you could see Gen Wilson's wheels turning when he was told there were over 2000 rooms, and fewer than 50 flyers in BPC.

Not to derail the lively reflective belt discussion, but....

ON WHAT F*CKING PLANET IS IT ACCEPTABLE TO REQUIRE A TRANSIENT AIRCREW TO SPEND 45-60 MINUTES PROCESSING THOUGH CUSTOMS JUST TO WE CAN WALK OVER TO BASE OPS TO FILE A GODDAMN FLIGHT PLAN!?!?!?!

Fortunately TA was very helpful and kept us from having to endure the pain. Still, at some point someone needs to tell the Qataris to f*ck off.

Not to derail the lively reflective belt discussion, but....

ON WHAT F*CKING PLANET IS IT ACCEPTABLE TO REQUIRE A TRANSIENT AIRCREW TO SPEND 45-60 MINUTES PROCESSING THOUGH CUSTOMS JUST TO WE CAN WALK OVER TO BASE OPS TO FILE A GODDAMN FLIGHT PLAN!?!?!?!

Fortunately TA was very helpful and kept us from having to endure the pain. Still, at some point someone needs to tell the Qataris to f*ck off.

The Aussies did...that's why they left.

Guest Hobbit64

Maybe the belt-pouges are trying to reduce the number of dishes they have to wash by making the experience so miserable.

At least you folks don't have to wear different colored belts based on rank to facilitate the salute fest after dark like some Army units.

Edited by Hobbit64

Maybe the belt-pouges are trying to reduce the number of dishes they have to wash by making the experience so miserable.

At least you folks don't have to wear different colored belts based on rank to facilitate the salute fest after dark like some Army units.

If the Army wants to make life difficult for all of us, maybe they should stick to naked detainee pyramid stacking competitions

If the Army wants to make life difficult for all of us, maybe they should stick to naked detainee pyramid stacking competitions

I think the Army is already doing a pretty good job of making life difficult by having the Air Force pay their short-manning bill in the form of ILO (I'm sorry, "JET") assignments.

It looks even better with the squadron sticker (16 SOS) "someone" put on it today.

Sure put a smile on my face this afternoon.

I'm with M2... We need to zap that thing to hell.

Guest Hobbit64

Kind of low class there pal.

PICS....NOW.

please?

Just saw the sticker last night - fucking classic. I will try and get a picture of it today if it is still there.

Side note: I went the entire night without a fag belt as well. Nobody stopped me and I got two servings of food with no questions asked.

I snagged a pic for my gunship friend Discus last night; I'll put it up later if JS doesn't get to it first.

Since I made a special trip over there for these pics I'll post them. Good thing is that my PT-wearin' captain ass only had to salute 4 senior officers on the 200 yard walk there and back.

post-1758-125664636871_thumb.jpg

post-1758-125664637989_thumb.jpg

I mis-typed on my post about the grammar. I guess there is a colon in there, but no comma in the "no reflective belt no service" sentence.

Interesting that they haven't made any attempt to replace the sign since that pretty much obscures their DB message.

They are probably drafting a scathing email to all CGO's and making new suplemental policies to outlaw all squadron patches, stickers, and any other form of moral.

:beer:

They are probably drafting a scathing email to all CGO's and making new suplemental policies to outlaw all squadron patches, stickers, and any other form of moral.

Wish I could help, but I'm a little further north. Keep up the resistance! Remember the Code: "...I will continue to resist by all means available."

Edited by zrooster99

Interesting that they haven't made any attempt to replace the sign since that pretty much obscures their DB message.

I want to know why that sign is still there. Why doesn't it disappear every time an aircrew member walks through the door. Then you could simply say..."What sign?"

edit cause me no spell good.

Edited by capt4fans

Just got back from the chow hall and no more sign on the door.

Now they have one in front of each of the sign in scanners: "Anyone enterting must have a reflective belt during hours of darkness." or something close to that.

I am sure they are loving their ability to "show us" and not have it say anything about no service. So now when I see someone getting hassled in the line, shouldn't I ask the young airman why they weren't at the door catching violators in the act?