Everything posted by B52gator
-
The Mother of all CGOCs
- Latest Movies
- Colts to Release Peyton Manning
Careful...the Vikes are just about dumb enough to go after him. They have a long history of going after old broken down QBs. I am too young for Fran and barely remember good ol' drunken Tommy K, so I don't know what a genuine franchise QB looks like. But I wouth rather roll with Ponder than emptying the pockets for that media whore Manning.- Latest Movies
Were there any Navy recruiters waiting outside at the theater you guys were at? There must have been 6 or 7 handing out t-shirts, brochures, and posters after the movie was done. The Navy has always made fairly decent movies that they can use as recruiting tools over the past 25 or so years (starting with Top Gun). Loved the movie though, despite my time in the USAF, those dudes made me feel pretty insignificant.- A-10 Ladder Door Art
- Air to Air Photos of Military Aircraft
I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end...but it is kinda old school in a way. Don't get me wrong, a loadout of JDAM with a stick of 86s is always nice, but I like the using a sledgehammer to kill a fly approach.- Air to Air Photos of Military Aircraft
45 M117s= My favorite loadout. Simple, but effective.- First female 4-star
- Badass of the Week
Sounds like Felix's jump (Red Bull Stratos) is back on with a jump window opening up in July. Pretty amazing stuff. https://www.redbullstratos.com/- Big Penetrator Not Hard Enough...
- US military raid in Somalia frees American, Dane
Apparently FoxNews has a 4th grader doing their animation...check out the video at the link below. https://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/25/sources-us-raid-frees-american-and-dane-held-hostage-in-somalia/?test=latestnews- A-10 crash at moody
right thread this time.... I am sure those of you "in the know" have better knowledge...but the Air Force fish wrap has an article out... https://www.airforcet...report-011112w/ Thoughts A-10 dudes?- More A380 problems
Cake eater... I have too, and it- Kiowa on the move parody video
That parody is awesome- One tough Mike Fox
Agreed. Don't go to an apartment complex to sell a goldchain to someone from Craigslist.- Good Flying Stories
I don't think there is a thread like this...I searched but to no avail. I thought it would be cool to post good flying stories we come across here (or post your own). Anyway here is one from AF Times https://www.airforcet...vietnam-122611/ Best line ever: “We took off in jeans and cowboy boots without much else on us,” he said.- WTF? (**NSFW**)
- San Antonio information
The Palace is a fine establishment. I lived in the dorms back then and spent most of my time in a stupor from school and or booze. I recall a few married guys living in Schertz and they seemed to like it. I am sure there are more guys on here with better knowledge, I just wanted to be a smartass.- Separations & Job Searching
Forgot about the Fed side. My wife (former military) works for DHS and I know a good handful of guys who are getting picked up by the FBI without any real law enforcement background. If you're willing to go anywhere for a job, that might be worth looking into.- Casket photo sparks outrage
They're f-ing stupid...plain and simple. Never, ever photograph or video anything...ever.- Separations & Job Searching
I was a 12B and unfortunately, there are not a lot of jobs that call for putting bombs on target. But, having military experience pays off huge dividens. What is it you're looking to do? Lucas Group and Orion International are very good companies for helping you find a job. They specialize in working with people getting out of the military. I went with Orion and got 3 job offers from Fortune 500 companies through them...I didn't take the jobs but it was nice to know that with my background (no business education at all) I still had options in good companies. The salary they offered were comparable with what I was making when I was still "in". All depends what you are looking for. Baby boomers are retiring all over, public safety (chicks dig firefighters), railroads, and air traffic control are all going to be hiring a lot over the next few years. Good jobs with good pensions (for now) if you're willing to take a pay cut. Also, you get Vets points and that is huge, especially if you get a disability rating (30% gets you an additional 5 pts). i went from #7 on a list up to #1 and a job offer thanks to the Vets points. Speaking of disability rating ...talk with the flight doc now about EVERY ailment you have or have had while in the AF. Don't scam the system, but take advantage. At the very least you could probably get hearing loss and tenitis without the VA putting up too much of a fight. Numbness and tingling in your extremities is hard to prove...or so I have heard.- AF to chop C-27J?
and yet they are paying $7.4B to upgrade the F-22. Brilliant! https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2011/11/ap-lockheed-gets-af-deal-to-upgrade-f22-111911w/- Anyone looked at the Boneyard on Google Maps lately?
Saint Paul- Bin Laden dead!
Wait a minute...Bin Laden is dead?- WTF? (**NSFW**)
- Latest Movies
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.